X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Another Gym bites the dust

Looks like Covid is going to claim another gym. This one in the small town close to me. They tried getting creative but in a small population and limited membership it just couldn't fly.

I was offered the sale but I think I am too old and grumpy to work with the public again. It was intriguing but I like being retired.
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

These idiot governors don't care about their people. They are ruining lives and destroying the economy. They should allow businesses to conduct daily business and use preventative measures to stop covis spread. Masks, wiping equipment after every use. Distancing. There are ways around this virus. Not diminishing its deadliness to those susceptible. But a little common sense goes a long way. Im glad I live in Florida. Our governor isn't a hypocritical moron like some states have.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Puff88
      VET
      • Jan 2019

Such a shame.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I'm glad the gym I workout at was just hit the first time around and has been open since then.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Chooch
          VET
          • Oct 2009

Our gov just shut down all the gyms in PA again. Fortunately my gym gives two fucks what Gov Wolf says and a lot of cops train there so he stays open anyways. A lot of small businesses are going to go under again, it’s a damn shame. Good thing I can go to Walmart with 300 other people and that’s ok.....

Comment

• Puff88
            VET
            • Jan 2019

I am not that far from ya chooch, hoping our governor doesn't follow down that path as well. Finally getting back in shape after 6 months out of the gym the first go around.

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Chooch
              Our gov just shut down all the gyms in PA again. Fortunately my gym gives two fucks what Gov Wolf says and a lot of cops train there so he stays open anyways. A lot of small businesses are going to go under again, it’s a damn shame. Good thing I can go to Walmart with 300 other people and that’s ok.....
              Ha, all our cops work out here to. Both of them. One sheriff that covers about 400 Square miles and one CHP that covers about 50 to 60 miles of 4 lane traffic. It is funny locals almost always know where they are, but the tourists get slammed. I hate that revenueing Bullshit.

I can't believe small business that have nothing to lose but their livelyhood don't organize and say PHUCK YOU to these Govnernors that have no authority, no science and no data behind their arbitrary decisions to put certain families out of business. If they had me against the wall I would be going down to see the local jail before let them destroy my hard earned livelyhood and I have been given a very thorough ass whooping by a dozen cops while wearing handcuffs in the past. I don't recommend it. It is kinda hard to defend yourself in handcuffs. Broken jaw, broken finger, broken collar bone and a out side knee that like like Jose Aldo spend a gym session tenderizing my leg. I would still tell them I ain't given in on this one.
              Last edited by Dakota; 12-11-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Chooch
                VET
                • Oct 2009

Yeah if I owned a small business there’s no way I’d shut down. We’d deal with that shit in court. I can tell you from knowing a lot of cops (and being married to one) that nobody I know is interested in these lockdowns either. Problem is they get stuck in a spot when you go into a business without a mask and you refuse to leave, now it’s defiant trespass and they have to do something. Whether they agree with it or not. Other than that they aren’t bothering anybody for masks or being open when the Gov says they shouldn’t be. BTW WTF did you do to get so beat on by the cops? lol. In a past life when I sold a lot of drugs I was raided by the AG office, detained for an attempted shooting, followed clear to Florida and back by the Feds, and never once had my ass kicked lol.

Comment

• Dakota
                  VET
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Chooch
                  Yeah if I owned a small business there’s no way I’d shut down. We’d deal with that shit in court. I can tell you from knowing a lot of cops (and being married to one) that nobody I know is interested in these lockdowns either. Problem is they get stuck in a spot when you go into a business without a mask and you refuse to leave, now it’s defiant trespass and they have to do something. Whether they agree with it or not. Other than that they aren’t bothering anybody for masks or being open when the Gov says they shouldn’t be. BTW WTF did you do to get so beat on by the cops? lol. In a past life when I sold a lot of drugs I was raided by the AG office, detained for an attempted shooting, followed clear to Florida and back by the Feds, and never once had my ass kicked lol.
                  I lived big condo unit with 5 identical buildings. They came to the wrong building with the same unit number. I was having a Christmas party with several guests with a Coors party ball on ice sitting outside the door.

First cop walked in as asked form "the owner". I met him and asked what was going on and what was he in my house for? We went back and forth for a couple of questions, I had no idea what he was talking about and I told him to please leave. He drew his weapon and pointed at me from 4 feet. I asked what was going on and he said turn around your are under arrest. I has 'for what"? And he ass whooping began. I was 6 weeks out of major back surgery and I believe it permanantly destroyed my back. His female partner must have hit me in the face 10 times with her baton. Rodney King did not get a worse ass whooping than me.

They then cleared my house of guests and proceeded to tear my house to shreads. Dumped all my food even the refrigerator onto the floors, overturn ever piece of furniture and broke things. They left with only all my firearms. It took to years for them to admit they were "mistaken". By that time I was completely broke, put all my lawyer fees on credit card, borrowed from my not rich grandmother, disabled and ready to commit suicide. They told me I could either plead guilty to disturbing the peace and some other bs charge or they were going to file new felon charges for assaulting a police office because the time to file a misdemeanor had expired as it was over a year.

I ended up pleading guilty and paying a fine, plus to really rub my nose in it they made me pay for the female cops pants she ripped while beating me in the face. I was a country bumpkin naïve fool. If I know what I know now and had the same self confidence instead of being a bumpkin. It would have been a nice settlement.

I had TWO other incidence in two completely different states. One a cop want into my run down little one bedroom house when I was a 17 year old on my own and tried to kick me out of my house in the middle of the night because "kids don't rent houses". Another was a call on a rental house looking for the previous tenant a petty criminal. After he badgered me not believing I was the guy and demanding my ID, I asked him to leave. As I closed the door he stuck his foot back in the door and told me I could cooperate or he was taking me in for assaulting a police officer.

Married to a cop, you are going to believe I was nasty or a smart ass or uncooperative or whatever. Nope I was a polite country boy bewildered in each case.

Comment

• Chooch
                    VET
                    • Oct 2009

Nah. Like all professions there are a certain amount of shitbags. Those ppl usually don’t last long though. They’re stuck in shithole, no pay departments until they weed themselves out. Problem is until that happens they’re assholes with a badge. I have family, a wife, and friends that are officers and I can honestly say I don’t know anybody like that. With my history the police definitely weren’t friends of mine lol. I judge based on character though, so if I’m friends with an officer they’re a good person on the flip side I still have a lot of associates on the other side of the law. Hell, I have a convicted bank robber cut my hair and drug dealer cut my grass lol. Their character is unquestionable and they’re good people. Plus I don’t trust normal ppl lol. If you’ve never done dirt I can’t trust you. Me and the wife are the odd couple but she’s awesome, one of the best people I’ve ever known, and I know has my back 100%.

Comment

• Puff88
                      VET
                      • Jan 2019

Damn, chooch and Dakota you guys got some wild stories. Chooch - did you do time for those convictions you mention?

Comment

• j8296
                        • Sep 2017

I didn’t realize PA was closing gyms until a co-worker informed me. Luckily, I live in a bordering state. Hopefully, this temporary suspension won’t spark a chain reaction on the east coast. Do any of you have home gyms? As a precautionary measure, I’m thinking it would be a wise idea to invest $400-$500 on adjustable dumbbells and an adjustable bench.

Comment

• Puff88
                          VET
                          • Jan 2019

Heard Staten Island closed gyms too, not sure if that's 100% true though. It seems like the governors in the tri state northeast area stick together with this.

Comment

• j8296
                            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Puff88
                            Heard Staten Island closed gyms too, not sure if that's 100% true though. It seems like the governors in the tri state northeast area stick together with this.
                            I wouldn’t be surprised. Earlier in this thread, you said something about finally getting into shape again after the first lockdown. Finally, I’m off to a good roll. Let’s hope it’s not disrupted. All of the college kids whom can’t use the university gym have flocked to other gyms, including the gym I frequent. Each day, I learn a lesson in patience.

Comment

• Puff88
                              VET
                              • Jan 2019

Yeah man, those 6 months or so that gyms were close i mainly did alot of running. Got pretty skinny but helped prevent getting fat lol. 400 bucks or so during that time didnt get you much gym equipment, since you saw crazy price increases since they knew that there were no weights anywhere to be found for a couple of months. I dropped like 450 on a wall mount pull up bar, 25lb barbell, 2x25's, 2x10's, and some ab slings. Would get a run in and a quick 30 min workout and that was it. Now that I am back in the gym I would legit cry if it shut down again. First 2 weeks were tough but now my strength is back stronger than it was back in March and having the gym back in my routine is the therapy I have been missing.

Comment

Working...