Tamoxifen Citrate question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman27

Tamoxifen Citrate question

i got some from a research company and im not familiar with the liquid ...but it looks like it separated. is this normal?
    thanks
  • BigSickD
    Vet
    • May 2004

Originally posted by iceman27
    i got some from a research company and im not familiar with the liquid ...but it looks like it separated. is this normal?
    thanks
    Yes, just shake it good before each use.
    BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• iceman27

thanks man, much appreciated

Comment

• ERLCHEMS

Tamoxifen Citrate is easily prepared in a solution, so there should be no reason to be forced to work with it as a suspension.

Have you tried heating it to see if it will fall back into a solution, or did you recieve it as a suspension?

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ERLCHEMS
          Tamoxifen Citrate is easily prepared in a solution, so there should be no reason to be forced to work with it as a suspension.

Have you tried heating it to see if it will fall back into a solution, or did you recieve it as a suspension?
          Not all research chems are prepared as a solution. Or at least the solvent used isnt capable of disolving all the compound. That's probably what he is working with.

Comment

• ERLCHEMS

Originally posted by Darkness
            Not all research chems are prepared as a solution. Or at least the solvent used isnt capable of disolving all the compound. That's probably what he is working with.
            Gotcha. Just figured Tamoxifene would be universally prepared as a solution given it's high solubility in the very common solubilizing vehicles.

The cold winter temps I assumed were to blame here.

Disregard then. If you have a suspension, as mentioned, just shake the best you can to ensure even distribution

Comment

• peptideman.com
              Board Sponsor
              • Nov 2011

Tamoxifen Citrate, and clomid, with the cold weather, will crystallize or separate. all you need to do is put in hot water and it will go back to solution.
              Want 15% off your order at peptideman.com???
              enter code A-E15 at the checkout!!

Comment

• Darkness
                • Apr 2011

Gotcha. Just figured Tamoxifene would be universally prepared as a solution given it's high solubility in the very common solubilizing vehicles.

The cold winter temps I assumed were to blame here.

Disregard then. If you have a suspension, as mentioned, just shake the best you can to ensure even distribution
                You may very well be right. I have purchased research chems that seemed to be using ethyl alcohol (or mostly alcohol) as a solvent, and obviously it was more of a suspension at 20mg/ml. It's been a while.

Comment

• ERLCHEMS

Originally posted by peptideman.com
                  Tamoxifen Citrate, and clomid, with the cold weather, will crystallize or separate. all you need to do is put in hot water and it will go back to solution.
                  This was my assumption. Though made properly, the solutions can endure excursions in cold temp. However, being mid winter, these products can crash in freezing temperatures
                  You may very well be right. I have purchased research chems that seemed to be using ethyl alcohol (or mostly alcohol) as a solvent, and obviously it was more of a suspension at 20mg/ml. It's been a while.
                  Ethanol is a very versatile, readily available and common solvent. The inclusion of ethanol also acts as a preservative increasing the shelf life of these types of products. However, tamoxifen with the proper combination of solvents (one being ethanol), falls into solution rather easy. Bare in mind that 20mg/tamoxifene citrate is actually less than 20mg of tamoxifen. Tamoxifen Citrate formulas should be prepared at closer to 30mg/ml to yield a product that is equivalent to 20mg/ml of tamoxifen

Comment

• Darkness
                    • Apr 2011

This was my assumption. Though made properly, the solutions can endure excursions in cold temp. However, being mid winter, these products can crash in freezing temperatures

Ethanol is a very versatile, readily available and common solvent. The inclusion of ethanol also acts as a preservative increasing the shelf life of these types of products. However, tamoxifen with the proper combination of solvents (one being ethanol), falls into solution rather easy. Bare in mind that 20mg/tamoxifene citrate is actually less than 20mg of tamoxifen. Tamoxifen Citrate formulas should be prepared at closer to 30mg/ml to yield a product that is equivalent to 20mg/ml of tamoxifen
                    Thanks bro, learning alot from you today.

Correct me if I am wrong, but ethanol by itself is a rather poor solvent for many compounds isn't it?

Comment

• ERLCHEMS

Thanks bro, learning alot from you today.

Correct me if I am wrong, but ethanol by itself is a rather poor solvent for many compounds isn't it?
                      Ethanol alone works for many compounds. Things to consider when choosing the appropriate solvent are the polarity of the compound (nonpolar, polar etc etc), and the dosage per mg. A compound that is slightly soluble in ethanol will work if you're not trying to make it at 50mg/ml, but rather .5mg-1mg/ml.

Typically a combination of solvents, solubizing agents, and/or surfactants are utilized. Some solvents increase bioavailablityof certain compounds as well. This will benefit your research trials

Its best to choose a research company that employs actual chemists with a knowlege base of chemical dissolution to create products. We dont keep track of other Chemical companies procedures, but have heard that some actually sell suspensions for products that have no business being in the form of a suspension. I would assume this is laziness or simple lack of knowelege.

Comment

• iceman27

so if you do heat it and it falls back into solution will it stay if not exposed to the cold?
                        i did purchase it in early January and i did read there were some garbage nolva from this particular research company going around around this time. it is from a well known company.
                        not sure if i even wanna chance it..
                        i haven't ran to many RC"s, except for ghrp's

Comment

• ERLCHEMS

Originally posted by iceman27
                          so if you do heat it and it falls back into solution will it stay if not exposed to the cold? i did purchase it in early January and i did read there were some garbage nolva from this particular research company going around around this time. it is from a well known company.
                          not sure if i even wanna chance it..
                          i haven't ran to many RC"s, except for ghrp's
                          It should.

Comment

• stunner69
                            VET
                            • Sep 2007

if it falls out of suspension (crashes) that is a precipitation reaction. It wasnt right from the start. And heating or shaking are only a short term fix (reactions), and the dosing will now, never be accurate at best. Just my thought !!!
                            Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

All it takes, is all you got.

R.I.P IT

Comment

• ERLCHEMS

Originally posted by stunner69
                              if it falls out of suspension (crashes) that is a precipitation reaction. It wasnt right from the start. And heating or shaking are only a short term fix (reactions), and the dosing will now, never be accurate at best. Just my thought !!!
                              well, for the short while it's back in solution the dosing should be ok. If the solution wasnt stored incorrectly, then the product probably wasnt prepared correctly

Comment

Working...