in Italy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bufbiker

I am in awe of the structures there and knowing they are hundreds of years old. Again, WOW!

Comment

• Glycomann

CApitoline hill and omnument to Vitorio Emanuale first king of unified Italy

just awsomeness!! The palace ruins and roman forum.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I remember when he became king.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by liftsiron
          I remember when he became king.
          Damn!! you are 100 years older than me! What is your secret?

Comment

• willi
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

One thing the forum demonstrates is that ground level 2,000 years ago was 30 feet below the present street level. Thats why the Forum looks like its in a pit. It is virtually impossible in Rome to dig a foundation for a new building without running into the "old" city.

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by willi
              One thing the forum demonstrates is that ground level 2,000 years ago was 30 feet below the present street level. Thats why the Forum looks like its in a pit. It is virtually impossible in Rome to dig a foundation for a new building without running into the "old" city.
              Metro line C is taking forever from what I'm told. An archaeologist has to be on site at all times. It's really difficult to build it deep enough.

Comment

• IntensityX
                Vet
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Glycomann
                CApitoline hill and omnument to Vitorio Emanuale first king of unified Italy

just awsomeness!! The palace ruins and roman forum.

Damn where's Ezio?(Assassin's Creed Reference)

Comment

• rocco-x
                  Vet
                  • Feb 2009

quanto è bella ... ho famiglia ancora lì a napoli e un sacco fuggito in Argentina, al culmine del potere Mussolini nel timore di imprisonment.erano insegnanti semplici,avvocati,ma si sentiva che erano una minaccia,proprio come Hitler e Stalin were.so da qualche parte lungo il mio bastardino linea di sangue ho un certo tipo di Argetinian misto in me lol.one giorno che tornerò mia famiglia atterrare prima di passare on... buon viaggio amico mio.

basically most of my family is from Naples but during the height of mussolinis rise to power many of my family,on both sides of my mothers,fled to Argentina out of fear of imprisonment.they were simple teachers,some lawyers but deemed a threat to Mussolini much like Hitler and Stalin viewed ppl of knowledge.

sooo,somewhere in my mutt bloodline on my mothers side i've got italian and i'm quite sure sme type of Aregetinian in my blood lol.my dads family emigrated from ireland(his mothers parents,in fact his mothers father was the actual wirter of the music AND lyrics to the most famous sprts sons yet..."Take Me Out To The Ballgame."his partner robbed my greatgrandfather and since he knew little of the copyright/patent laws then he tought the guy was just getting copies made and recieved no credit.even until after his death my greatgrandmother fought immigration to try to change his real name from the US name given at the Island and fought to have his name added to the song but to no avail.)anyhoo,that sums up my story.enjoy Italy Glyco.the way Berscolonni's messing up their economy it's a wonder he's not hung by his feet like Il Duce was...stinkin thief bastard he is.be safe and...

godere il mio amico ... godersi il paesaggio
                  Last edited by rocco-x; 11-26-2013, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by rocco-x
                    quanto è bella ... ho famiglia ancora lì a napoli e un sacco fuggito in Argentina, al culmine del potere Mussolini nel timore di imprisonment.erano insegnanti semplici,avvocati,ma si sentiva che erano una minaccia,proprio come Hitler e Stalin were.so da qualche parte lungo il mio bastardino linea di sangue ho un certo tipo di Argetinian misto in me lol.one giorno che tornerò mia famiglia atterrare prima di passare on... buon viaggio amico mio.

basically most of my family is from Naples but during the height of mussolinis rise to power many of my family,on both sides of my mothers,fled to Argentina out of fear of imprisonment.they were simple teachers,some lawyers but deemed a threat to Mussolini much like Hitler and Stalin viewed ppl of knowledge.

sooo,somewhere in my mutt bloodline on my mothers side i've got italian and i'm quite sure sme type of Aregetinian in my blood lol.my dads family emigrated from ireland(his mothers parents,in fact his mothers father was the actual wirter of the music AND lyrics to the most famous sprts sons yet..."Take Me Out To The Ballgame."his partner robbed my greatgrandfather and since he knew little of the copyright/patent laws then he tought the guy was just getting copies made and recieved no credit.even until after his death my greatgrandmother fought immigration to try to change his real name from the US name given at the Island and fought to have his name added to the song but to no avail.)anyhoo,that sums up my story.enjoy Italy Glyco.the way Berscolonni's messing up their economy it's a wonder he's not hung by his feet like Il Duce was...stinkin thief bastard he is.be safe and...

godere il mio amico ... godersi il paesaggio
                    Mi sto godendo molto l'Italia. Interessante la storia. Dovreste essere orgogliosi della vostra eredità. I Romani portarono tutti i migliori a Roma. C'è una ragione per questo. Gente forte e bello come gli dèi.

Comment

• T1DMMA2BB
                      Vet
                      • Apr 2013

Awesome pics Glyco, I want to travel a little bit soon once my business begins to move a little bit more. How long are you staying over there for?

IntensityX Cracking me up with the assassins creed reference haha.

Comment

Working...