X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by b52
    I'm just gonna say I think all you keto nuts are just that. Nuts! Just weigh your damn food lol.
    Good enough for Arnold. Good enough for me.... jus sayin.
    The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dakota
      Good enough for Arnold. Good enough for me.... jus sayin.
      I'm just mad cuz I can't get past 3 weeks.

Comment

• willsgotrythm
        Vet
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Dakota
        I am sure it is possible but my experience is you would have to work at it to get fat. Lots of protein maybe. You just don't get the hunger on keto that you do when you are taking in quick burning carbs. I was never hungry.

I lean towards a Keto-like diet anyway. My meals are usually simple steak, chicken or fish with a couple of different veggies for sides. Maybe cottage cheese. The only thing that changes for me is I like rice or potatoes when I am not keto and I sometimes miss that a little. However if you give me a pound of huge shrimp, grilled asparagus, and sliced tomatoes I am fine without the carbs.
        I agree. Apparently if you eat too much protein it'll kick out of ketosis. I have added to my protein intake and so far have stayed in ketosis aside from the carbs on some weekends. I miss the rice and potatoes too sometimes. I like the fact that you dont get hungry too. Also, carbs give me a lot of gas and make me feel bloated if I eat enough of them.

Comment

• 5plates
          Vet
          • Aug 2007

I lost 100lbs on keto years ago. Best I’ve ever felt, it takes a few weeks for the body to adjust. There’s a lot of metabolic processes that have to change until your balanced out.

Comment

• Beef Newton
            VET
            • Nov 2018

I have to agree on the way it makes you feel. I did a 29-day water fast (was going for 40, but helicobacter pylori did me in), and I never felt more smooth, consistent, clean energy and in control of my emotions than when I was in full-on ketosis from the fast.

Comment

Working...