Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Shawn Rhoden catching hell

Anyone hear about the issue with Shawn Rhoden guest posing at the Pittsburgh Pro recently? He came in VERY out of shape - looked to be 20% bf. He says he always gets fat in the off season and doesn't hide it. So he's catching hell from many top guys in the game for looking like shit being the current Mr O - off-season or not. Interesting take on both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yCx4mHndJM

What's ya'lls take?
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:07 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Guest posers are paid pretty good money, imo they shouldn't take the gig if they want to be fat boys off season.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
First I have heard of this. What an embarrassment. He has a duty to the rest. You just don't do that. If that is your style so be it, but bow out. Don't guest pose. That is really off putting. They appearance did not represent bodybuilding in a good light. Have respect for whatever pays your living. What the hell was the deal with the cap too??? Respectful.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Yeah. I think it was Shawn Ray that lit into him about being so out of shape at a guest pose gig. I saw it on Dave Palumbo's broadcast.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #5
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to beholdMR. BMJ is a splendid one to behold
Reading he is behind what he was even last year at this time. He's older, and he obviously didn't improve on any of his weaknesses. I can't say what the outcome will be at the Olympia, but best case scenario he comes in exactly how he looked last year imo…..which leaves the door open. Not sure he will do that at this point, and he was maxed out last year to the limit on conditioning, and he was weak as fukk all dehydrated and had to be carried due to weakness in some cases after the event. The competition is hungry and they always will get better (for today's standards), and if he is not up to where he was last year, he will lose.

IMO, and I dislike the guy's attitude, but if Phil fixes his gut problem and is conditioned, he will always blow away Rhoden.

It doesn't appear that Rhoden improved on his arms and back weaknesses, so he has to come in to where he was last year.
MR. BMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #6
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
IMO, and I dislike the guy's attitude, but if Phil fixes his gut problem and is conditioned, he will always blow away Rhoden.
As much as I hate to agree with you being I don't like his attitude either, I gotta agree 100%. Not only Rhoden, but the entire line up. Phil lost the O, Rhoden didn't win it.

The thing is though, and as Palumbo discussed in detail, it might be impossible at this point. Consider Phil has had the gut issue now for the past few years, progressively getting worse, and hasn't made a dent in it. If I were him I would be paying Roelly big $$$ to find out how he made his incredible transformation from 9 months preggy to hitting a legit vacuum in 18 months time. I'm betting a large part of fixing the situation includes hitting a vacuum & and holding in the gut 100x ed. Arnold preached this in several of his books regarding controlling the waist/belly.
Dawgpound_Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #7
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Man he looked like crap.
b52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #8
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerKy View Post
As much as I hate to agree with you being I don't like his attitude either, I gotta agree 100%. Not only Rhoden, but the entire line up. Phil lost the O, Rhoden didn't win it.

The thing is though, and as Palumbo discussed in detail, it might be impossible at this point. Consider Phil has had the gut issue now for the past few years, progressively getting worse, and hasn't made a dent in it. If I were him I would be paying Roelly big $$$ to find out how he made his incredible transformation from 9 months preggy to hitting a legit vacuum in 18 months time. I'm betting a large part of fixing the situation includes hitting a vacuum & and holding in the gut 100x ed. Arnold preached this in several of his books regarding controlling the waist/belly.
I have become convinced it is slin that causes it and not gh.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:45 PM   #9
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Too bad Kia Green quit competing.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #10
5plates
Vet

5plates is on a distinguished road
I hold that much water off season, sucks. Takes 3 weeks to get it off.
5plates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:48 PM   #11
j8296

j8296 is on a distinguished road
For someone known as being one of the most aesthetic bodybuilders as of late, this video was hard to even watch. I’ve always thought he should have placed higher in shows.
j8296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #12
j8296

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerKy View Post

I’m going to try the vacuum holds for a while to see if they help. I’ll upload pictures for you all soon. I’d love any suggestions on how I can improve my physique.
Roelly did have a real blocky midsection for a while. Branch Warren has admitted overtraining core ruined his physique for a while. Branch is wide by nature. Off topic, but oh well.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 PM   #13
j8296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
Too bad Kia Green quit competing.
I really like Kai. He’s actually pretty intellectual, and creative. I thought some of his posing routines with masks and accessories were a bit strange though. But, I do like how reflective he can be on life and society. Bodybuilding could use more inspiration figures like him.