Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Training Forum
User Name
Password

Old 07-07-2003, 11:25 AM   #1
Easto

Everyone knows what to do to lose fat, right? How come so few reach their goals and achieve that lean look if it's so damn easy to get ripped?

I could tell you the very same things as everybody else does, but I definitely won't. It's not only about the perfect diet plan and the right amount of exercise, the best supplements and so on; the most important part of a fat loss strategy is your mental approach to it. That's what I'm going to tell you about. Bascially, what you got to do is sticking to your plan. Period.

First, let's suppose you do the following things already:

You do atleast 6 cardio workouts a 40-60 minutes per week, preferably pre-breakfast.
You eat 5-8 small meals per day, emphasizing proteins, healthy fats and vegetables.
You don't skip on the carbs postworkout. (Take in 0.5 gram per pound of bodyweight.)
You get at least 6 hours of sleep almost every night.
If those are in order, you can get better results using these tips:

Getting Through The Hardest Of Times

Some days are tougher than other especially when it's about dieting. I'm talking about those annoying moments when you ask yourself over and over again WHY you're doing all the cardio and for WHAT. You feel so sorry for yourself, thinking everyone else is better off, you're watching all ´normal´ people eating ice cream every other hour, and you wish so much you were one of those lucky souls.

What you must do is to motivate yourself to stick to your plan with whatever means you can use. This is what I usually get motivated by: Most chicks would kill for a gorgeous, fit body, but they believe a walk in the park will do the trick. Even if you told them it's a bit harder, they would'nt believe you, since they don't want to face the truth.

You Never Diet, You Follow A Perfect Diet Plan

When I need to drop a couple of pounds, I never say I'm dieting; the mere word ´dieting´ gives me the worst cravings imaginable! I just want to run to the supermarket, buying chocolate, fish sticks and other fattening stuff. I tell myself that I'm allowed to eat whatever I like, including ice cream and candy. And lots of it too. But, I must stand the consequences if I'm going to eat like a starving horse.

I know that by falling for the temptation will make me fat and puts me farther away from my dream body. Than I also take into account how satisfied I will be after eating the chocolate and fish sticks…I know it won't be for long, maybe only for a couple of hours before I start to regret it. And then it's already too late; I have just annihilated ten hours of cardio for what; a bit of chocolate?

Show It Off

There's nothing as pleasant as watching your muscles pump up during a workout session, so don't always wear your whole wardrobe at the same time; let yourself see the pay off in the gym's mirrors and you'll feel so much stronger. Don't care about jealous people who blame you for just showing off. If they cannot stand perceiving a great physique, they probably have some major psychological problems to solve. You must get used to those pessimistic people who hate everybody who more resembles their dieal phsyique than they do themselves.

How To Get Through The Boring Cardio

Ok, there you go again...Sick and tired of the stairmaster already? Hey, you've only done it 40 times this month! Do a list on topics you can think about when working out. This is my list:

First, I repeat to myself WHY I'm doing this boring chore. I mean, it's not always a lot of fun, mounting the step machine 4.30 am, and I must not forget why it's of such great importance that I do it anyway.
I tell myself this is the very last workout I have to do for my whole life. If I get this one done, I will always look good, always be fit and happy. (Yes, I know it's a lie, but my psyche is so easily duped!)
I promise myself that I can eat a whole chocolate bar ( the biggest one of course!) for breakfast if I only do the cardio. This is a big lie once again, but it doesn't matter since when I'm done, it would be so unnecessary eating something that makes my efforts meaningless.
I visualize my ripped phsyique, every comments on my lines and how impressed people will be once I enter the stage.
Listen to the very best cardio music; Irish folk music! I promise you will get totally energized!
Visualize what the perfect feature of you in a major muscle mag like FLEX or MUSCLEMAG would be like. What questions would they ask you? What kind of pictures? What would the article lead to concerning sponsors, feedback and model contracts?

Why Is It Critical To Visualize Your Success?

Well, as you're the one who´s in charge of your goals and dreams, you cannot let yourself wonder about wether you've got what it takes or not. Who's to judge that? Well, you and you only. Don't listen to those telling you it's impossible. They don't know, they just THINK they do. Ofcourse, hear people out, but be careful about what they tell you and what YOU tell yourself. Remember, you are what you believe you are. Period.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:39 PM   #2
YummyLicious

I know you posted this a few months back (I just read it), but Baby that is a great motivational post..thank you