Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #46
skarhead

What is he thinking?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #47
KC Lifter

I would go over there and tell them what I thought, but I'm nobody and they would just bann me too. Not that I would give a shit,LMAO.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #48
Matt76

Matt76 is on a distinguished road
wow JB

I agree with G4E she must give some great head
Matt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #49
skarhead

She must have it down to a SCIENCE!!!!!

*Laughs*!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #50
Matt76

I pmed her yesterday and still no response. She is prolly searching for a study to copy and paste so she can come up with something intelligent to say
Old 09-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #51
KC Lifter

I wonder if IA will still come over here after what's happened?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #52
buffness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclifter
I wonder if IA will still come over here after what's happened?
I dont' see why he wouldn't. But I still dont' know the full details of whats going on lol
Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #53
Matt76

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffness
I dont' see why he wouldn't. But I still dont' know the full details of whats going on lol
Ok here is the just of it buff

a guy asked for some research on something. JB found some stuff and posted it up. That guy called it bs. JB responded with more stuff to prove it to be true. Trouble then got into it saying it was bs and posted up more studies. JB posted up more studies. Trouble says to JB you are obviously a fucking novice when it comes to this subject. Not joking here those were the exact words of her. JB responded, G4E responded, I responded, skarhead responded, and antihero responded all pretty much telling her to shut her trap.

Then we all got banned haha
Old 09-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #54
goes4ever

goes4ever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffness

pretty much Trouble (the female bitch mod from hell) thinks she knows more than anyone on the face of the earth, she got into it with John and told him he has no fucking clue what he is talking about and is obviously a novice.

IA chose the bitch over John and permanently banned him from his site. Is that good enuff for ya
goes4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #55
Stout1

Stout1 is on a distinguished road
wow
Stout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #56
Stout1

Stout1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Benz
I had 17 referrals in my profile as well. But that is in the past. I will never recommend Iron Addicts to anyone in the future.
Might want to fix your sig too :triggerha
Stout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #57
John Benz
Vet

John Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to all
I archived the fiirst 3 pages of that thread, knowing full well that bitch would delete it as a cover your ass tactic. Page 4 was the funniest.... where Matt76 told her to "shut your hole and learn your role." Then antihero slammed extremely hard. Next thing I knew it was gone. Here is page 3....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Yesterday, 10:56 PM * #21
skullsmasher

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Confusing is all I can say. This obviously conflicts with real world experience among users.

Yesterday, 11:01 PM * #22
John Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble
Jesu, John. PubMed is THE PREMIER abstract citation service funded by the US Govt (National Institutes of Health out of Bethesda Maryland).

It is NOT an online journal or a publishing house. It does, however, also offer full length free online access to selected papers that are offered via journal publishers that make them available as a public service.
pubmed is a catchall for every study they can find....good and bad. You won't find many of the truly great studies written up in J.A.M.A., and other serious scientific and medical journals in pubmed. These are copywrite protected and they WILL NOT be found in pubmed for years. Most of the studies I find in pubmed are amateush or simply not relevant as they are most often not performed with strict parameters on adult humans for prolonged periods of time and with sufficient numbers of subjects to allow for proper correlation of dat
Quote:
Now, the papers you cite, the offer little that hasn't been known for sometime. That anabolic steroids promote bone and connective tissue growth.

The question I posed was: does it appear to promote regeneration of collagen in pre-existing connective tissue injury (in other words, does it initiate re-collagenation of older injuries)?

There is some evidence that older bone injuries that haven't healed well can be encouraged to "knit" along break lines and to remineralize lower bone density tissue from both previous injury and from low VDR activity (VDR is the vitamin D receptor in liver than also activates mineralization of bone). Its now known that certain minerals must also be present to act as "enucleation catalysts" in order for remineralization to proceed to mature stages (otherwise minerals are deposited, but then are released because the sequence of remineralization factors necessary to form stable mineral complexes isn't complete).

My bet is: the answer is yes, if the correct combination of nuclear receptors is activated - this requires that a healthy matrix of a mixture of collagen type fibers be formed, rather than just one type, as is commonly observed with mending tendon damage. This may mean that a combination of AAS and lipid/biopolymer activators (non AAS) be used in tandem or sequence, to promote gene regulated repair and tissue regeneration.

The trick: supply the right conditions in gut to promote the formation of biopolymer precursors and tickle the microbial community to produce the immune factors that stimulate active collagen repairs.

Those factors include digestive enzymes, and polymer precursors like glucosamine. Beyond that, it requries that the gut microbial community be normalized, and not perturbed by very common gut absorption problems.

We can probably prove this point, with and without AAS. In other words, use a combination of natural factors to reduce chronic injury site inflammation, and promote healing of an older injury. Side by side, with and without steroids. The question is which steroids should be examined for their potential. Your 2004 citation suggests nadrolone, probably coupled with low concentration test.

I agree with all this.

Quote:
I suggest that another approach be tried: use of the natural factors plus ecdysteroids.

I think they will hit the combination of receptors necessary to promote natural repair without scarring, and possibly to replace (remodel) scar tissue bound tendon.
Now it's your turn to show proof that ecdysteroids do much of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullsmasher
Confusing is all I can say. This obviously conflicts with real world experience among users.
How would you know? You obviously just read an article on another board that contradicts what I wrote and you thought you'd come over and add your clueless 2 cents worth. Myself and all the real world users I know will attest to the fact that most aas esp deca builds tendon strength that lasts well after the cycle is done. The problem occurs when some aas build the wrong type of collagen, type III...and then it becomes too brittle, as in the case of Winstrol.

Now if you have any real world experience to offer...please share.

Yesterday, 11:13 PM * #24
Skarhead1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Once I took Deca my ligaments in my chest stopped getting so sore after a bench workout

Today, 12:21 AM * #25
trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Benz
pubmed is a catchall for every study they can find....good and bad. You won't find many of the truly great studies written up in J.A.M.A., and other serious scientific and medical journals in pubmed. These are copywrite protected and they WILL NOT be found in pubmed for years. Most of the studies I find in pubmed are amateush or simply not relevant as they are most often not performed with strict parameters on adult humans for prolonged periods of time and with sufficient numbers of subjects to allow for proper correlation of data.

On this matter, you're obviously a novice with no fucking clue of what your'e talking about. See this link.

Let me quote from a paragraph near the bottom of the page:

"A final point that is non-search related but well worth mentioning is the potential value of PubMed as a current awareness tool, The currency of its records compares very favorably with Current Contents (CC), and it is not difficult to construct a search that combines specific journal titles with a subject that is limited to the most recent records. As a test, I checked PubMed, Ovid, and Current Contents for the currency of the following titles: JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Biological Chemistry (JBC), American Journal of Physiology, and the Japanese Heart Journal.

Ovid fared the worst, the CD-ROM version being from 2 to 5 months behind. PubMed and Current Contents were very comparable. Both were within one week of the most current issue of JAMA. PubMed had indexed and abstracted the most current issue of the New England Journal while CC was 3 weeks behind. PubMed had abstracted, but not yet indexed, the most current issue of JBC while CC was one month behind. Both had the most current monthly issue of the American Journal of Physiology. The bimonthly Japanese Heart Journal was most current in Current Contents, Ovid having the January issue, PubMed the March issue, and CC the May issue. It appears from this brief survey, that PubMed should be strongly considered a comparable and probably more accessible alternative to Current Contents for keeping up-to-date with the clinical and basic science literature."

Its obvious you DON"T read JAMA. For one, you can't read it on line unless you have a subscription to the journal; the abstracts are available through free web accessible citation databases like PubMed. Current Contents is a subscription based citation searchable database, as is Ovid (you can get limited access to Ovid thru some public libraries that have paid limited user access online). For the other, the JAMA direct subscription is hideously expensive. You can access it if you go to a larger regional University library that carries it (unless it has a medical school, many U's don't carry paper copies directly).

==================

I have citations that support consideration for use of ecdysteroids. I'll have to dig them out of my database. I may post them here, or start a new thread, since this one is wandering off topic. Meanwhile, I'll locate references with the applicable list of nuclear receptors that have been found in tendon tissue. Thats what we want to look at. I know the nitric oxide synthase system is activated thru cAMP, which suggests PPAR-gamma and maybe alpha as well. I know also the RXR is active, but others I'm not as sure about.

It should be an interesting discussion.

Today, 11:14 AM * #26
John Benz

Quote:
On this matter, you're obviously a novice with no fucking clue of what your'e talking about. See this link.
Interesting you should say this as I've been thinking the same exact thing about you for some time now. You have an absurdly good ability to search out articles which you cut and paste and in large part act as if you wrote them yourself. You obviously have a scientific background of some sort, (community college?) but you are in fact living proof that it is easy to fabricate an entirely fictitious online personality and spout enough esoteric pseudo-scientific bullshit that before long you have even very intellectual people taken in and believing you know what the hell you're talking about and singing your praises. Well, sometimes it takes awhile but after hearing you defend every dissenting opinion with statements like, "I've set up 2 commercial labs last year" and "I have access to top secret NASA information," and much much more, many on here have begun to question your legitimacy and see right through your carefully crafted persona. Few have questioned you because you have a diehard following of clueless kids chanting your praises and believing every word you write....i.e. cut and paste.

Trouble, you are the clueless one here, pasting up articles and then rambling on using scientific jargon that few can fully understand and no one questions for fear of appearing ignorant. Even if you actually know what the hell you're talking about, (you don't) the information you present would still be basically worthless as it is neither practical nor useful to most people without a science degree. All those clueless groupies chanting your praises remind me of the old children's tale "The Emperor's New Clothes!" Time for someone to stand up and point out that. "Trouble has NO clothes!"

Today, 11:21 AM * #27
Skarhead1

^ I been trying to say that for the past 6 months and got ridiculed over it by everyone. At least the old guy sees what I have brought to light.

Today, 12:21 PM * #28
goes4ever

Quote:
On this matter, you're obviously a novice with no fucking clue of what your'e talking about .

I cannot believe my eyes.........I must be seeing things. John Benz is one of the smartest guys online I know and you are saying he is a novice with no fucking clue what he is talking about?

Oh my..........now I see why I visit this board very seldom. I honestly cannot believe IA would accept you saying that to John.

Amazing almost every single post I have read of your is cut and paste, you talk DOWN to everyone, you think your the most superior person on the internet.

I am amazed there are any members left on this board the way you treat people.

Today, 12:45 PM * #29
CutieFace

Quote:

First of all STOP RIGHT THERE~!

DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT speak to JB in such a manner
this man has more real life experience then you and myself put together
experience YOU cannot find w/ your nose stuck in a book

DO NOT try to take this route and I expecially find you to be Insulting in addressing a fellow moderator of this site in such a matter. Proper protocol (which I will not give you since you've already violated such and have yet to earn my respect) would have been to send John Benz a private message regarding the subject rather then making a public statement that he has no fucking clue what he's talking about

people can do all the studies int he world and you can take all your studies and stick them up your educated arse...they will NOT take the place of real world experience of actually HAVING SEEN< DONE< USED

I'd rather have someone's real experiences then someone else who thinks they know everything and just copies the work of others

Cutie

Today, 12:50 PM * #30
goes4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieFace
I'd rather have someone's real experiences then someone else who thinks they know everything and just copies the work of others

Cutie

Amen to that!
John Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #58
antihero

antihero is on a distinguished road
JB, you didnt get to archive my post...damn...did you at atleast read it?
antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #59
KC Lifter

If buffness is an Admin over there why can't he lift the banns himself?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #60
John Benz
Vet

John Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to allJohn Benz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero
JB, you didnt get to archive my post...damn...did you at atleast read it?
Yes...and I truly appreciate it. I almost rolled out of my chair laughing when you told her the coils of shit floating in my toilet contained more intelligence than she did!
John Benz is offline   Reply With Quote