Sorry - I gotta brag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Sorry - I gotta brag

My son just turned 7. He's in first grade. Since the beginning of school this year, his teacher noticed that he is advanced in reading. Of course my wife & I already knew. So she started giving him chapter books to read that are 3rd grade level. Well, he started to breeze through those. She gave him higher level books - 5th grade, then 6th grade. He is breezing through those too.

Just realized two months ago that he is advanced in math also. They give the little math cards to do review with your kids, very simple math like 12 + 7, or 13 - 9, etc. He was doing those just so easy that I thought I would put him to the test. So I asked him to add 2 2-digit numbers, like 55 + 38. He figures it up in his head and spits out the answer in like 10 seconds. So I then ask him to add 2 3-digit numbers, like 327 + 489, and he does that too haha! No paper, all in is head - takes about 10-15 seconds.

God blessed my little guy which we are so thankful for, and I'm so proud of him.
  • Big B
    Banned
    • Jan 2016

That's awesome brother! You and wife should be proud!

Comment

• Glycomann

nice!

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

I'm assuming you walked with your chest puffed out a little further today?

Comment

• Dustined83
          VET
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          My son just turned 7. He's in first grade. Since the beginning of school this year, his teacher noticed that he is advanced in reading. Of course my wife & I already knew. So she started giving him chapter books to read that are 3rd grade level. Well, he started to breeze through those. She gave him higher level books - 5th grade, then 6th grade. He is breezing through those too.

Just realized two months ago that he is advanced in math also. They give the little math cards to do review with your kids, very simple math like 12 + 7, or 13 - 9, etc. He was doing those just so easy that I thought I would put him to the test. So I asked him to add 2 2-digit numbers, like 55 + 38. He figures it up in his head and spits out the answer in like 10 seconds. So I then ask him to add 2 3-digit numbers, like 327 + 489, and he does that too haha! No paper, all in is head - takes about 10-15 seconds.

God blessed my little guy which we are so thankful for, and I'm so proud of him.
          Nothing like a little one. Gives me a reason to push harder every day

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

If I’d more students like him a more parents like you two then I would still be a teacher. Kudos to your family Hank! Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Aklion
              VET
              • Jan 2019

That is awesome! My 8 year old is the same way. I will say that it's incredibly important to make sure your son doesn't become bored at school. Kids who don't feel challenged can "check out" after a while and it is difficult to get them back on track because they associate school with boredom. We have a protocol set up with my son's teacher for when he finishes tests or assignments early so that he continues to be challenged instead of just having to sit there. It helps him stay excited about school

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                Banned
                • Apr 2018

Great ta hear brotha. Ya know he gets it from her.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

Wow! You're wife must be really smart. JK. That's awesome. Proud pop. Very cool.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• A1food4u

Puff up big man!!!! that's a hell of a start for the lil Hank.....

Comment

Working...