Horrible buttcheek/leg pain after injection.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pvike
    VET
    • Jan 2019

Horrible buttcheek/leg pain after injection.

Been using the same source for years, Using 200m test e every other week,(44yrs old diagnosed with low test)
    This was the 5th shot from a fresh bottle, first 4 had a little bit of after pain about like normal. Clean freak, alcohol everything each time, new needle for draw and pinning. 25g 1.5"
    Last one was 4 days ago, wasn't bad the first day but has been downhill since then. I think i was little low on the injection site, probably very top of bottom outside of quadrant. No noticeable big lump, or red spot. But it feels like one whole muscle is inflamed. Sitting down is pretty bad, muscle is painful and swelled quite a bit. Squatting down is pretty much a no go also unless I go really slow. Have spent the last 1.5 days on a heating pad. 800mg of Ibuprofen does little to nothing...called in sick today at work for the first time in 4 years.
    I fairly confident it'll just clear up on its own, but a little reassurance would be settling. I have antibiotic here, ships I just go ahead and start taking it just incase?

Thanks
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

Try icing it instead of heat. And unfortunately time is the only thing that will heal it.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Deadwood
      VET
      • Dec 2018

Did you move the needle around during injection? I've been doing two injections every week for trt and every once in about 50 I somehow move wrong and cause trauma. Especially anything near buttocks, since it's awkward trying to reach.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
        • May 2019

I'd be going to the doc & getting some antibiotics soon if it doesn't start getting better. An abscess can be very serious shit.
        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Beef Newton
          VET
          • Nov 2018

I know when I first started out with TRT and was doing IM, those first few shots were just like you describe, and it does go away. I know you've been doing it a while, but it sounds like you kind of got into a new area. I didn't do IM for very long; I just suck at it. But shit, I don't know. If you have healthcare, maybe erring on the side of caution is better? I haven't had health insurance in years myself.
          Last edited by Beef Newton; 11-04-2019, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Pvike
            VET
            • Jan 2019

Been doing it for years, just never had it hurt this much. Needle did move a little, was more of one of those where the muscle tightened a little bit and forced a change of angle. I have a stock pile of cephalexin, if it even starts to feel warm or I feel sickly I will jump right on some.

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

You may have inflamed the sciatic nerve. When this happens it's a bitch for awhile but will get better.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• b52
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by liftsiron
                You may have inflamed the sciatic nerve. When this happens it's a bitch for awhile but will get better.
                Done that before. Not a good time. My ass cheek doubled in size. Looked like I had a softball sticking off my hip. 2 weeks later still felt tight.

Also, could it be the test E that's going around? I've had some bad luck with it as well. I switched to pharma and no issues since
                Last edited by b52; 11-05-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Beef Newton
                  VET
                  • Nov 2018

He's got some of that UXL special run.

Comment

• Pvike
                    VET
                    • Jan 2019

I've been running from the same source for about 4 years and this pin was more than half way through a bottle. I've used probably 8 vials from the same batch before this. Pretty sure I just fucked up pinning. Still hurts like a mfer today, but less than yesterday. I think i just went a little low and like mentioned above aggrevated the sciatic nerve.
                    Found out last night if I sat down for to long I would start to get numbness in my toes on that side... So pretty sure the nerve is just pissed off at me. But it's definitely on the way to getting better now.

Comment

• Bhop504
                      VET
                      • Feb 2019

This is just my opinion from experiences of close friends of mine... I wouldn’t worry about it being an abscess and starting antibiotics... unless it’s gets worse, starts to turn red and starts throbbing even if you are doing normal things like getting up and sitting down. I haven’t had one personally, but a buddy of mine did and it was half way through A bottle of a very reputable source who we both had been using for about 2yr... Landed him in the hospital for 3 days

Comment

Working...