X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe0690
    Vet
    • Mar 2007

What’s the lowest affective dose

So what is true trt 100mg of test e a week? And saying that that would bring you to even or 0 so what would be the lowest effective dose 200 a week or would you need more?
  • Beef Newton
    VET
    • Nov 2018

There isn't a single number. What's good for me might not work for you. You just have to start somewhere and both go by how you feel and get frequent labs. It's a total pain in the ass, and it takes a very long time. Tack on to that, the body changes longer term, so it never ends. This is the problem with doctors. None of them give enough of a shit to really figure out your personal dose. It used to be that TRT was so taboo, but then they realized there was this big pharma teat they could suck on for life. Now you have doctors prescribing 200mg a week to guys that are only partially deficient, which is asinine. I use 20mg of Test Prop daily, where years ago 10mg was enough to keep me in the 600-800 range. There really is no substitute for a pendulous scrotum with two big, honking fully functioning nuts.
    Last edited by Beef Newton; 09-19-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Glycomann

^^ agree

Comment

• jrod
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Beef Newton
        There isn't a single number. What's good for me might not work for you. You just have to start somewhere and both go by how you feel and get frequent labs. It's a total pain in the ass, and it takes a very long time. Tack on to that, the body changes longer term, so it never ends. This is the problem with doctors. None of them give enough of a shit to really figure out your personal dose. It used to be that TRT was so taboo, but then they realized there was this big pharma teat they could suck on for life. Now you have doctors prescribing 200mg a week to guys that are only partially deficient, which is asinine. I use 20mg of Test Prop daily, where years ago 10mg was enough to keep me in the 600-800 range. There really is no substitute for a pendulous scrotum with two big, honking fully functioning nuts.
        Even with two big, honking nuts, they can only crank out so much...

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Beef Newton
          Good answer.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

After some time on TRT the levels can be in high normal but we just can't really feel it and symptoms of hypogonadism return. I think we downgrade over time.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
              Banned
              • Apr 2018

I concur. My endo doc has me running 80mg/wk of cyp.

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
                VET
                • Feb 2017

AS the others have said, try an amount and see how you feel or test the best.

BPP

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

Yep. We are all different and age changes everything. At 63 my prostate starts getting enlarged with anything under 300 mg of cyp a week. But I feel best at 750, lol. My point being there are long term consequences to prolonged use.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                    • May 2019

Everyone is right when saying it varies. I know a guy on another board - a mod/vet, not a n00b - who uses 400mg ew of test just to keep his total test in the 1000 range. No typo - that was FOUR hundred mg ew. Just to compare, when I was running 500mg ew and had bloodwork done, my total test was over 4000 - which is pretty normal for that dose.
                    Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Augerdog
                      Vet
                      • Mar 2014

I'm prescribed 100mg/week which I supplement with another 125mg/week. I dont get my blood tested while on for fear of losing my prescription.

Comment

• Glycomann

The way I try to work this is sort of like this. The idea is to keep androgen sensitivity. So, 1/2 the year I am on TRT and a couple times a year I go off everything for 3-4 weeks and use some hCG. Once a year I take 8 weeks off with a typical PCT and just suck it up and take the loss. The rest of the year I dabble in this and that. Then is experiment time. I have been doing blood work 3 times a year. I had a good last year with decent blood work throughout. That doesn't mean I'm going to live to 59 but it is a good sign. I like as stables in the experimental period to use Primo, Masteron, EQ, NPP and test. As time goes on in the experimental period I add in some more harsh stuff like Tren Ace, Winstrol, Anavar, T-bol. After the experiment phase of the year my androgen sensitivity is crushed. Then it's 3-4 weeks off and back on TRT at 100 mg/w and then blood work at the doc office. What I did find is that GW501516 improves my blood lipid values so I have added it into my rejuvenation protocol. I also use a lot of supplements at various strategic times during my annual protocols.
                        Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• b52
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by JerKy
                          Everyone is right when saying it varies. I know a guy on another board - a mod/vet, not a n00b - who uses 400mg ew of test just to keep his total test in the 1000 range. No typo - that was FOUR hundred mg ew. Just to compare, when I was running 500mg ew and had bloodwork done, my total test was over 4000 - which is pretty normal for that dose.
                          Wow!

Comment

• jrod
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                            Yep. We are all different and age changes everything. At 63 my prostate starts getting enlarged with anything under 300 mg of cyp a week. But I feel best at 750, lol. My point being there are long term consequences to prolonged use.
                            At doses higher than 300 mg/wk your prostate doesn’t get enlarged?
                            I always figures the more we take the more it exacerbates prostate issues.

Comment

• wallyd
                              VET
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by 01dragonslayer
                              I concur. My endo doc has me running 80mg/wk of cyp.
                              Where does that put you when you get bloodwork done?

Comment

Working...