X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

New supplement prevents muscle loss even with over training

This was posted by jipped genes on wcbb.

New supplement prevents muscle loss even with over training

So been doing research on new supplements that are not mainstream. I posted this one because many of us overtrain especially when off cycle. If we can take a supp that spares muscle loss then it is a great tool in the BB toolbag. Every little bit helps.

HICA

What It Is: This metabolite of the branched-chain amino acid leucine is known scientifically as alpha-hydroxyisocaproic acid, or HICA.

Why You Should Take It: This specialized amino acid helps prevent muscle breakdown, especially during intense training and dieting. One Finnish study suggests that competitive wrestlers who were training three times per day and taking HICA had less delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and were able to gain two pounds of muscle despite the overtraining.

In a follow-up study, the Finnish researchers reported that soccer players who took HICA for four weeks during an intensive training period also had less DOMS than the placebo group. HICA supplementers also gained a pound of muscle on their legs while the placebo group lost a pound.

How You Should Take It: Take 500 milligrams of HICA with meals three times per day. On workout days take two of those doses with your pre-workout and post-workout shakes.
    • Dec 2018

Anyone tried this? Results? Brand of supplement?

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I think it's pretty new yet, I see several brands are on amazon.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...