Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 7thlttd
    VET
    • Sep 2022

Def a tendon tear just tore mine 2 years ago looked exactly like it had surgery to reattach all healed up now still sore from time to time but nothing that I can’t work around ..you’ll be all good to go once the doc fixes ya up …sling for 6 weeks PT for 3 month I think it was…funny doc went in to fix my pec seen my bicep was peeling back to so reattached that at well he had a good laugh he said I got two surgery’s in one and decided not to bill for the bicep tear haha …good luck bro you’ll make a comeback with ease

Comment

• irish_2003
      Vet
      • Oct 2011

mri was yesterday follow up Monday morning...only thing that hurts still I lying on back simulating flye movement burns alot and little strength...looks like my armpit is lower now too.....upper bicep and front delt is painful too but I've had right delt bicep pain or i thought simply arthritisor tendinitis for years there...when I put hands together in prayer there's a definite indent on pec tie-in but doesn't hurt like last week or week before now at 12 days post...bruising worked it's way down to wrist now and is 2/3 gone

Comment

• Kluso
        Vet
        • Dec 2016

Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted.

Comment

• wallyd
          VET
          • Aug 2015

Good luck, wish you the best possible outcome!

Comment

• irish_2003
            Vet
            • Oct 2011

Definitely ruptured pec and tear off bone but partial and tore part of pec most tear 2nd or in addition to the other part of pec...No surgery and can get back gym right away with light stuff and rehab myself therapy isn't gonna do much that I can't do on my own...I'll be weaker and deformed when posing is all but he was really impressed how fast I'm healing

Comment

• wallyd
              VET
              • Aug 2015

I guess that’s pretty good news. The “ruptured “ part seems a little alarming but the rest of it sounds pretty good considering everything!

Comment

• Kluso
                Vet
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by irish_2003
                Definitely ruptured pec and tear off bone but partial and tore part of pec most tear 2nd or in addition to the other part of pec...No surgery and can get back gym right away with light stuff and rehab myself therapy isn't gonna do much that I can't do on my own...I'll be weaker and deformed when posing is all but he was really impressed how fast I'm healing
                I’m not quite fallowing? So it’s a partial tear off the bone? Does that leave you vulnerable for a full tear in the future? You don’t need surgery but should you get it anyway? Or would insurance not cover it? You mentioned when posing. Do you compete at all? Idk, I’m too vain. I would convince them to fix it. Lol

Comment

• irish_2003
                  Vet
                  • Oct 2011

Not requiring surgery. Will heal on its own...since not competing I'll be finesmall indent is all...

Comment

• Kluso
                    Vet
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by irish_2003
                    Not requiring surgery. Will heal on its own...since not competing I'll be finesmall indent is all...
                    Gotcha! Good deal!

Comment

• irish_2003
                      Vet
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Kluso
                      Gotcha! Good deal!
                      He talked about surgery for cosmetic purposes t but wasn't suggesting it as not necessary...but as far as living life and functionality he says I'll learn to live with it the way it is I'll just have to deal with scar tissue and the tensing of the upper bicep since the pec tear overlaps that part of the bicep...he said due to breathing in the mri tunnel it's difficult to really see pec tears but he can visibly see the tendon drop in my armpit and double bicep pose...he was really surprised at my current mobility at this point already post injury
                      Last edited by irish_2003; 10-28-2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• irish_2003
                        Vet
                        • Oct 2011

Decided today is the day I get back to the gym 18 days post grade 2 pec tear...training back and Biceps today, Mondays are chest/shoulders/tris, and Wednesdays are legs...because pec overlaps both delt and Biceps I have to use light weights today too and come back slowly over the next 6-8 weeks (mentally I've always pushed faster comeback times)...using 10s and 20s will be quite humbling but I'm shooting for improving ROM and TUT during this time and not necessarily sharply increasing load...if I feel ANY burning or sharp pain I'll schedule physical therapy in addition but right now the sports ortho Dr said it wasn't necessary with my knowledge and experience as long as I actually come back slowly as planned lol
                        Last edited by irish_2003; 10-28-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• wallyd
                          VET
                          • Aug 2015

Sounds good. Just don’t rush it & make things worse. I know you already know that but maybe hearing it from someone else will help it sink in. Lol

Comment

• irish_2003
                            Vet
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by wallyd
                            Sounds good. Just don’t rush it & make things worse. I know you already know that but maybe hearing it from someone else will help it sink in. Lol
                            You don't realize how much antagonistic muscles work...doing back and Biceps today very light...istuck to 70lbs on reverse pulldowns for example and left with slight chest pump feeling...really tried to go slow reps and hold squeeze...ROM wasn't 100%...time under tension is my focus now...
                            .and yes gonna need constant reminders to take time coming back no matter how it feels

Comment

• irish_2003
                              Vet
                              • Oct 2011

19 days post grade 2 pec tear on right side...an obvious and visible indent...today was difficult holding handles above head on seated ab machine with only 20lbs resistance so i did V situps on floor...I have right pec strength but still difficult holding arm up and moving cross body while on my back
                              Attached Files

Comment

• steelpreacher
                                Vet
                                • Jun 2013

Thanks for posting all of this Irish. Its good for those who have never seen these type of injuries. Speedy recovery!

Comment

Working...