Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd

The most important exercise for losing weight is a tricep press, it's called "pushing yourself away from the table."
    Seriously, aim at losing 1-2 pounds a week max, trade calorie-rich foods for calorie dense foods (like trade wheat bread for white bread), eat less, get used to being hungry, drink plenty of water, and go for the long haul. Good luck, Matt.

Comment

• matbla

i am 41 years old.
      i do tred mill 30 min a day
      do tkd (tae kwon do)
      i walk
      i do not sit at the table
      i need a menu to follow for each day and each meal
      i wish some one would help me a week like this
      i and not real good at picking food from a list
      it confusion me what to eat and when so that is why i
      am looking for help i live in arc appartment look up www.wwarc.org and i want to have a menu so i do not have to ask arc for help i want to be indipendent if i ask for help i will not be indipentant
      and able to do it on my own so that is why i am asking for help if you do it and i use your menu
      i might send you a present if you send me your address thanks for alll and try to help me from matt blake
      Attached Files

Comment

• Mick-G
        VET
        • Jan 2005

Bro, not to flame, but did you even read my post?, lol If you follow this you wont need a "diet" It is a lifestyle. Do you get it?? I don't think you do. Getting in shape is a LIFESTYLE not a diet. I hate that word "diet", as it implies a regimen and no one, NO ONE is going to make a lifestyle change with a regimen. If you follow, and you know what foods are good for you and which to avoid you can make meals yourself. Also, i would tend to think you are not putting in a big enough effort in your cardio. You need to do high intensity, not just walking and martial arts. I do for example: Treadmill LifeFitness model i do a medium run @ 6.7mph for 2.75 miles then i will do 3.8mph on level 15 incline for the balance of 40 minutes. Then i either go on eliptical for another 15minutes @ level 3 Precor machine or a recumbant bike for the 15 minutes on level 3. You can build up your intensity and length of time say every 2-3wks. I do this 5-6 days a wk. I do not suggest you start out doing 3.5miles on a treadmill but maybe start out @ 2miles and do your last mile on a high incline, then do the eliptical for another 13 min or recumbant bike. If your not sweating on this something is wrong. At your weight and bf you really need to burn and sweat that fat off. Also, you really need to look at how many cals you take in. If you not expending more than your taking in, you'll never loose the fat. Imo, you are not burning off enough of the cals your eating, so you either have to increase or change the way you are doing cardio and also not take in as many cals.

Comment

• Irish420
          • Jan 2008

MAN, I have never even done this for myself...although now that it is here it looks pretty good and I think Im gonna use this.."menu"...lol......I chose to put protein shake as first meal of the day because the whey is deliverd to the system quicker as opposed to eggs which take a while....you need to have healthy fats in your diet as well, that is why the fish caps are necessary..you can always change up a meal to how you see fit or even change up the day...it is important that you dont have carbs before bedtime...so at meal 6 or so you wanna drop em completly or have half the portion...or you can sub for veggies...and make sure you do that cardio...........here goes

SUNDAY....
          meal 1...50g(protein) shake, with a pack of oatmeal mixed in, fish oil caps.
          meal 2....6 egg whites, with one or two whole eggs, two packs of oatmeal..(flavored is best)
          meal 3....6oz. chicken breast, a sweet potatoe, fish oil caps...
          meal 4....lean turkey sandwitch on whole wheat, with avocado
          meal 5...salmon filet, half cup of brown rice, veggies
          meal 6....tuna salad
          meal 7...cottage cheese and egg whites

MONDAY...
          meal 1....protein shake, with oatmeal, fish oil
          Meal 2...eggwhites and one whole egg, oatmeal..and maybe a couple pieces of turkey bacon
          meal 3...STEAK...(mmm steak), brown rice, salad, fish oil
          meal 4...chicken breast, sweet potatoe,
          meal 5...salmon, with a half cup of brown rice, veggies
          meal 6...one can of tuna mixed with some salad

TUESDAY..
          meal 1...protein shake with oatmeal, fish oil
          meal 2....eggwhites with whole egg, oatmeal....
          meal 3...lean turkey sandwitch with whole wheat, with avocado
          meal 4 ..chicken breast and brown rice, fish oil
          meal 5...tilapia filet, with brown rice..salad
          meal 6...salmon filet, with sweet pot or brown rice, veggies
          meal 7...tuna salad...or shake

WEDNESDAY.....
          meal 2....eggwhites and cream of wheat omlet.....(thanks for the recipe HM)
          meal 3....steak with brown rice, fish oil
          meal 4....salmon filet with sweet potato
          meal 5....chicken breast with brown rice
          meal 6...tilapia filet and brown rice, veggies
          meal 7...cottage cheese and egg whites...(hardboiled), and avocado..all mixed togethter

THURSDAY....
          meal 1....protein shake with oatmeal, fish oil
          meal 2....egg white and cream of wheat omlet...
          meal 3...chicken breast with sweet potatoe, fish oil
          meal 4...tuna salad...with brown rice on the side
          meal 5....chicken breast, with brown rice.
          meal 6 ....salmon filet, with brown rice, avocado
          meal 7.....protein shake

FRIDAY.....
          meal 1...protein shake with oatmeal and fish oil
          meal 2....eggwhites with cheese(lil bit), oatmeal or cream of wheat
          meal 3...steak...with brown rice, fish oil
          meal 4...turkey sandwitch with avocado
          meal 5...chcken breast, sweet potato
          meal 6...salmon with brown rice, veggies
          meal 7....tuna salad with avocado

SATURDAY....
          meal 1...protein shake, with oatmeal, fish oil
          meal 2....egg whites and cream of wheat omlet/pancake..
          meal 3...chcken breast and sweet pot, fish oil
          meal 4...steak wit brown rice
          meal 5...chicken wit brown rice
          meal 6...salmon filet with a half cup of brown rice, veggies
          meal 7...tuna and salad....

hope this helps...

Comment

• matbla

that is great i not doing the shake i was told not to
            but like the for mate but when is it i do these i mean times i not sure i like that i want
            monday for brekfast eat ___? and this time and so on for the week without the protien shake is that going to help me lose weight this topic is not to be funny but to help a fellow borad member in trouble
            and some make a menu for me and them p.m. me so i can send you my e-mail so i can get the diet to print out you all great your all great please keep the help comeing usnctt great job that what i am looking for with out protein shake
            and put in a menu like monday for breskfast eat__? at this time__? and so on you can p.m. and i can give you my e-mail so you can e-mail the wounderful diet from amtt blake
            Attached Files

Comment

• matbla

scotsmark i e-mailed you let me know how it goes on helping me from matt blake

Comment

• Hugemidget
                • May 2007

nice work Irish, now why the heck did you not put the times on there thou??

Originally posted by Irish420
                MAN, I have never even done this for myself...although now that it is here it looks pretty good and I think Im gonna use this.."menu"...lol......I chose to put protein shake as first meal of the day because the whey is deliverd to the system quicker as opposed to eggs which take a while....you need to have healthy fats in your diet as well, that is why the fish caps are necessary..you can always change up a meal to how you see fit or even change up the day...it is important that you dont have carbs before bedtime...so at meal 6 or so you wanna drop em completly or have half the portion...or you can sub for veggies...and make sure you do that cardio...........here goes

SUNDAY....
                meal 1...50g(protein) shake, with a pack of oatmeal mixed in, fish oil caps.
                meal 2....6 egg whites, with one or two whole eggs, two packs of oatmeal..(flavored is best)
                meal 3....6oz. chicken breast, a sweet potatoe, fish oil caps...
                meal 4....lean turkey sandwitch on whole wheat, with avocado
                meal 5...salmon filet, half cup of brown rice, veggies
                meal 6....tuna salad
                meal 7...cottage cheese and egg whites

MONDAY...
                meal 1....protein shake, with oatmeal, fish oil
                Meal 2...eggwhites and one whole egg, oatmeal..and maybe a couple pieces of turkey bacon
                meal 3...STEAK...(mmm steak), brown rice, salad, fish oil
                meal 4...chicken breast, sweet potatoe,
                meal 5...salmon, with a half cup of brown rice, veggies
                meal 6...one can of tuna mixed with some salad

TUESDAY..
                meal 2....eggwhites with whole egg, oatmeal....
                meal 3...lean turkey sandwitch with whole wheat, with avocado
                meal 4 ..chicken breast and brown rice, fish oil
                meal 5...tilapia filet, with brown rice..salad
                meal 6...salmon filet, with sweet pot or brown rice, veggies
                meal 7...tuna salad...or shake

WEDNESDAY.....
                meal 2....eggwhites and cream of wheat omlet.....(thanks for the recipe HM)
                meal 3....steak with brown rice, fish oil
                meal 4....salmon filet with sweet potato
                meal 5....chicken breast with brown rice
                meal 6...tilapia filet and brown rice, veggies
                meal 7...cottage cheese and egg whites...(hardboiled), and avocado..all mixed togethter

THURSDAY....
                meal 1....protein shake with oatmeal, fish oil
                meal 2....egg white and cream of wheat omlet...
                meal 3...chicken breast with sweet potatoe, fish oil
                meal 4...tuna salad...with brown rice on the side
                meal 5....chicken breast, with brown rice.
                meal 6 ....salmon filet, with brown rice, avocado
                meal 7.....protein shake

FRIDAY.....
                meal 1...protein shake with oatmeal and fish oil
                meal 2....eggwhites with cheese(lil bit), oatmeal or cream of wheat
                meal 3...steak...with brown rice, fish oil
                meal 4...turkey sandwitch with avocado
                meal 5...chcken breast, sweet potato
                meal 6...salmon with brown rice, veggies
                meal 7....tuna salad with avocado

SATURDAY....
                meal 1...protein shake, with oatmeal, fish oil
                meal 2....egg whites and cream of wheat omlet/pancake..
                meal 3...chcken breast and sweet pot, fish oil
                meal 4...steak wit brown rice
                meal 5...chicken wit brown rice
                meal 6...salmon filet with a half cup of brown rice, veggies
                meal 7...tuna and salad....

hope this helps...
                POPTARTS BIAATCH!!!

Comment

• matbla

i am not doing the shake thing so do it over and put what meal and what times for each day day one is monday and day 2 is tuesday ans so on
                  your all great from matt blake
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Hugemidget
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by matbla
                    i am not doing the shake thing so do it over and put what meal and what times for each day day one is monday and day 2 is tuesday ans so on
                    your all great from matt blake
                    tell you want, how bout wnere ever there was a shake you think of a protein and put it in your menu.

you have to decide what time you want to eat because we dont know your lifestlye/schedule.

were all tryin to help, but it also requires a little effort on your part to make it happen
                    POPTARTS BIAATCH!!!

Comment

• matbla

no iam not i thank proteine shakes are to bulk you up? i need to lose
                      do you thank someone like me need 7 to 8 meals aday i was just woundering? and then i can figure out what to do
                      i real need a menu like i ask to hang on ice box so i can look at it and say ok it is monday,,it is brekfast they say eat oatmeal and ? fill in the the blanks in and or p.m me and i give you my e-mail address so you an send it to me so i an print it off and put on ice box no protin shakes for me o.k i have to watch sugars
                      and by the way you all great and please try to help not
                      male fun of me for asking for real help. you alll great keep up the good work i like the foods in menu but it is not the way i need it
                      o.k from matt blake

Comment

• DADAWG
                        Vet
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by matbla
                        no iam not i thank proteine shakes are to bulk you up? i need to lose
                        protein shakes are fine when cutting matt . just choose a low carb protein drink and not a meal replacement protein drink full of carbs.
                        NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

Comment

• matbla

i am not sure my program will let me get it on the shopping list that is the problem the state sees the bill so i can get every thing elase
                          and thanks about the protin shakes thought.so put the meals in a menu form like i ask and i print it out and start using it i can not get protin shakes on my list ? so thatis the problem i like the foods on the list just make it in a menu form and find something i can have instead of protein shakes o.k
                          [COLOR="you al the best people here you know your stuff thanks you do not know how the help is warming my heart so put it in a menu form with out protin shakes you might have to subtiute somethig for the shakes i am sorry i can not have the shakes from a very happy board member matt blake
                          [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

• Hugemidget
                            • May 2007

listen dude, can post up pics, change the colour of fonts, do your martial arts... YOU CAN figure out what foods to have instead of a protein shake, and you can copy and paste the menu that IRISH made for you in micrsosoft word and print it out, and put it it on your ice box, all by yourself
                            Last edited by Hugemidget; 02-03-2008, 09:57 PM.
                            POPTARTS BIAATCH!!!

Comment

• Irish420
                              • Jan 2008

sorry, but ROFLMFAO!!!!!.....bro it took a long time to make that menu for you....how could you ask me to do it over?...there is nothing wrong with having 6-7 meals a day, infact it will aid in speeding up your metabolism.....and as far as the shakes go...they are fine....one shake only has 200 cals...add a pack or two of oatmeal and you have a killler little mrp....now if you were to have a real weight gainer shake, then I would wonder...cuz that will do nothing but put fat on your ass....trust me man, try this diet out for a week and tell me you not loosing weight on it....

Comment

• matbla

your not funny
                                he was trying to help me ,

Comment

Working...