This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffness

Originally posted by future
    At the same time some people do really well with flat benching...those people are the rule breakers. I actually am the most comfortable just sitting on a bench.
    same here

Comment

• future

Aaron, I am wondering if alot of the biking you are doing isnt taking away from your recovery?

Comment

• PTAaron

I'm not so sure... I'm only biking once a week.

Comment

• future

Hmmm...yeah I dont know now.

Comment

• PTAaron

its alright, Leg press is the only one I am really hurtin on ... maybe it is just time to drop it...

Comment

• irongirl

going to have my student practice her ice massage and patellar tendon cross fiber massage techniques on it today
              lol....nice to have a student sometimes isn't it? The first gym I trained at was run by PT's....it was great, cause one of them loved me, and it was like having my own personal PT

Comment

• PTAaron

Nice

My student is learning quickly - one week and she already managed to score a free cake from one of our patients that is a professional baker!
                We determine how good of a therapist you are by how much free food you can score in a given week LOL!

Comment

• future

You are shameless. In my field you might score some GPC's (generic smokes) or orange drink.

Comment

• PTAaron

Hey, you gotta take what you can get! I always try to play the "single guy that can't cook and is undernourished" card... almost always works! So far this week I had someone bake me cookies, and the guy that brought in the cake... lets see what today holds

Our best week - me and a coworker managed to score pizza for the whole clinic (3 pies at noon and 3 more later when I go on lunch); dairy queen for everyone that works evenings; quiznos subs with homemade cookies and fruit salad; and a $10 pack of gift certs to mcdonalds! THAT was a good week! Not good for diet - but good anyway

Comment

• future

You are shameless. You really are.

Comment

• PTAaron

So far today - for a free Monster Energy drink from a co-worker... and we got some packages of candy bars from an equipment rep - only one more likely canditate for bringing us in some goodies left

Comment

• PTAaron

As a side note - Tuesday for some reason my neck problems flared up again... leaving me with a massive muscle spasm in my right rhomboids, a few numb fingers in my right hand, and a major problem with turning my head to the right. I've been having my student work on me, which works great but then it flares back up after a few hours. I have a pretty long history of neck issues - just hoping this one goes away quickly and doesn't mess my workouts up too much.

Another note - yeah I have a new avatar... it is a picture from June... I'll try to get some new pics up once my neck feels better...

Workout
                          (Resetting the baselines, so no "Last Time" weight to compare to)

Decline Barbell Bench:
                          255lbs x 12 RP

Stretch

Smith Machine Behind the Head Press (to ear level):
                          145lbs x 13 RP

Stretch

Smith Close Grip BP:
                          175lbs x 13 RP

Stretch

Galileo Machine Pulldown:
                          14 plates x 12 RP

T-Bar Supported Row:
                          135lbs x 9 straight set

Stretch

NOTES:
                          Yeah... neck hurts... felt better after the workout, but it is tightening up again... can't wait to get to work and get some ultrasound/electric stim combo done to it!!

Comment

• buffness

how are you picking your rep scheme for your workout?

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by buffness
                              how are you picking your rep scheme for your workout?
                              Based on this, from DC, although some of mine may not fall in line with that at the moment since I am trying to find a new baseline after a cruise period:
                              Originally posted by Doggcrapp
                              CHEST AND SHOULDERS PRESSES 11-15 RP

BENCH PRESS (Flat bar pressing) 15-30 RP.

PULLDOWN MOVEMENTS 15-20 RP

BARBELL ROWS 12 SS

NO STATICS ON TRICEPS

CLOSE GRIP AND CGRGP 11-15 RP
                              SKULLS 15-30 RP
                              DIPS 15-20 RP

DB PRESSES 15-20 RP

BICEP BB AND DB CURLS 15-20 RP

PREACHER CURLS 11-15 RP

1 ARM REV CABLE AND HAMMER CURLS 12-20 SS

PINWHEEL CURLS ONE STRAIGHT SET 10-12 REPS

HAMSTRINGS ON CURLING MOVEMENTS 20-30 RP

SUMO HAM PRESSES 12-20 SS

CALVES GET A STRAIGHT FOR 12,THEN ADD WEIGHT NEXT TIME

FOR QUADS WORK UP TO TWO STRAIGHT SETS,
                              ONE 4-8 AND ONE 20 REPPER (WIDOWMAKER)

REGULAR DEADLIFTS, TRAPBAR DEADLIFTS AND RACK DEADLIFTS
                              ARE DONE WITH TWO STRAIGHT SETS (AFTER WARMUPS)
                              ONE SET IS 6-8 AND THE SECOND SET IS 3-4

DON'T RP QUADS OR BACK THICKNESS MOVEMENTS
                              CABLE ROWS OR ONE-HAND DB ROWS ARE OK TO RP!!

STIFFLEGGED DEADLIFTS - SETS OF 6 + 10 LBS TO EACH SIDE
                              UNTIL WE REACH A SET WHERE WE CAN'T GET SIX REPS.
                              THE NEXT TIME THIS EX. COMES UP, START YOUR WORK SETS
                              ABOUT 40 POUNDS BELOW YOUR PREVIOUS BEST

THERE ARE REALLY NO RIGHT OR WRONG EXERCISES BUT,
                              IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE SOME SORT OF
                              COMPOUND-TYPE OF MOVEMENT. LIKE FRONT OR BACK PRESS
                              ON A MACHINE OR BARBELL OR SMYTHE. BUT IF YOU DECIDE
                              TO GO WITH A LESS COMPOUND MOVEMENT ANYWAYS, YOU'LL
                              FIND OUT WHY IT WASN'T RECOMMENDED SOON ENOUGH.

Comment

• PTAaron

Pretty happy with the workout... 3rd workout back after my cruise period - still resetting baselines so numbers aren't real impressive (not like mine ever are, but this is a good excuse ).

Workout:

Cable Bicep Curl:
                                12.5 plates x 18 RP

Single Arm Reverse Grip Cable Curl (4-6 second negative each rep):
                                3.5 plates x 12 Straight Set

Stretch

Cybex 45 Degree Plate Loaded Calf Raise (5 second negative, 15 second stretch each rep):
                                180+sled x 11

Barbell Squat (ass to the floor):
                                245 x 6
                                Smith Machine widowmaker: 195 x 9???? got stuck on rep 10.... umm... WTF??
                                *245 x 6 is (sadly) my PB for ass to the grass squats. Felt very solid on these. Even on the last rep when I almost got stuck 2 inches up from the bottom The positive side of it is once I get it past that bottom 5-6" I have NO problem with these weights... we were doing a lot more in the past, with smaller range.

Seated Ham Curls:
                                140lbs x 20 RP

Stretch Quads
                                Stretch Hams

NOTES:
                                Like I mentioned above - new PB for full range squats, even though it is kind of a small number. I also realized that maybe I'm starting to get traps - because the bar felt like it was really well cushioned when I set it up there - which wasn't always the case. I guess I never really noticed the change until today So... I guess thats good.
                                No knee pain today either... so that is good.

Comment

Working...