X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basskiller
    Administrator
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by bufbiker
    To be honest I don't want to come off as a know it all or sound like I think I'm all that. I don't have all the answers or claim to. All I know is me, and I'm nobody and happy that way.
    I totally see it differently. You have years of experience that could possibly help others.
    Owner of
    Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
    basskilleronline.com

Comment

• bufbiker

Absolutely AB. I was at work sitting in my truck watching it rain with three different crews waiting to see what I wanted to do. And like I said I knew there were things I probably left out so as I've thought of them I have gone back and added it. Breathing was one of those things I forgot. Also control of the bar from eccentric to concentric parts of the lift. You have to lower the bar under control, not in a free fall. For me, how I can handle the weight lowering the bar gives me more confidence for the push.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by basskiller
        I totally see it differently. You have years of experience that could possibly help others.
        That's why I kept after the ol' fart to post up! Anybody pushing that weight at damn near 60 knows a lil' sumthin about sumthin haha!

Comment

• SpEnTBoY
          • Oct 2007

Awesome read buf

Comment

• Magnesium
            Vet
            • Dec 2009

Awesome post man. #3 gets neglected often, except for the biceps one.

Comment

• Rocky83
              Vet
              • Jun 2014

Awesome info!!! I have definitely incorporated alot of these aspects in my chest workouts. I also focus on incline more then flat.

Comment

• cog

Certainly very impressive numbers at that age.Dont mess with that old dude.

Comment

• MrSaito
                  VET
                  • Dec 2018

Great information in this thread.

I'll add that I've found that your nervous system also needs training. I was stuck in a plateau and a buddy suggested overloading my nervous system.

My max was 335#'s for a long time so once a week I'd put 405#'s on the bar and with some help off the rack just bring the bar down as slowly as I could (4-5 second count) to my chest and then had a spotter help lift it back up. I'd rest of 30 seconds and do five sets of three.

Next time I was ready to shoot for a PR I hit 355#'s and eventually made my way up to 375#'s.

Incorporating OHP into my regular workouts has also been huge in getting me to the next level. I'm shooting for 405#'s this year.

Comment

Working...