Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > Sports, Sports and more Sports
User Name
Password

Old 02-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Pole Fitness at the Arnold

Pole Fitness

For the First Time, the Sport of Pole Fitness Will Be Featured at The Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, Ohio as The Pole Fitness National Championship Comes to The Arnold on February 27th, 2014.

On opening night, Thursday, February 27th at LC Pavilion, The Pole Fitness National Championship at The Arnold (the 2014 Pole Championship Series Championship) will make its debut.

Lindsey Kimura, Director of Marketing at X-Pole noted, “The 2014 PCS Championship is a must-see production and the biggest event in Pole Fitness! We’re thrilled to have the Arnold Sports Festival include Pole Fitness as an Official Sport and host The Pole Fitness National Championship at The Arnold. X-Pole is proud to bring pole fitness to the Arnold and to introduce the sport to the mainstream.”

The sport of Pole Fitness is exploding internationally. With thousands of pole fitness studios and gyms opening worldwide, Pole Fitness is one of the world’s fastest growing sports and fitness driven activities. On Thursday, February 27th from 9-11 pm, X-Pole, The Worldwide Leader in Pole and Aerial Fitness, will present The Pole Fitness National Championship at the Arnold. The Arnold Sports Festival hosts the World’s Top Pole Fitness athletes as they compete for the title of 2014 PCS Champion. The event includes the Pole Championship along with special guest performances by the world’s top pole fitness artists and aerial stars.

The Pole Championship Series (PCS) is a compilation of the most recognized and respected pole competitions throughout Canada, the United States and Mexico. The pole competitions selected to be a part of the PCS are carefully chosen based on their presentation, experience in prior years, and overall success. Taking part in this annual competition is the highest honor for an elite level pole athlete in North America. The overall winner of The Female Professional Division of each Official Event listed in the Pole Championship Series is invited to compete in the annual PCS Championship. The PCS Championship occurs once a year and is comprised of pole champions from the prior year’s PCS events. Those who win titles in 2013 will subsequently compete in the 2014 championship.

The 2014 PCS Championship is sponsored by X-POLE, The Worldwide Leader in Pole and Aerial Fitness. Through initiating or sponsoring major events and programs in the industry such as The Pole Fitness National Championship at the Arnold, X-Pole demonstrates its ongoing commitment to expand the pole and aerial communities. X-Pole encompasses all that has to do with aerial fitness and athletics. As the #1 pole manufacturer in the world, X-Pole is “The Official Pole” of virtually all pole oriented events and shows.

In addition to The Championship, check out Pole Fitness at the Arnold Sports Festival:

Friday, February 28th – Sunday March 2nd: Pole Fitness at the Arnold EXPO
Exciting pole fitness demonstrations, performances, giveaways, fun contests and more at the X-Pole Fitness Booth; Arnold Fitness EXPO. Additional performances in the concourse.

Friday, February 28th – Saturday, March 1st: Pole Fitness 101 Workshops
30-minute Introduction to Pole Fitness classes (first-timers welcome)! Register at www.studiorougecolumbus.com. All classes FREE with paid EXPO admission.

Visit www.xpoleus.com and www.polechampionshipseries.com
Old 02-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
animal87

Is this strippers?? If so I'm going to the arnold.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal87 View Post
Is this strippers?? If so I'm going to the arnold.
You can bet if this event catches on, strippers will flock to the NPC.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
animal87

Lmao .I was joking, I was confused, but this is going to be a real event in the show??
Old 02-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
I wonder if they will make change for dollars at the expo now?
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
basskiller
Administrator

Location: My personality is who I am, My attitude is who you are
basskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to beholdbasskiller is a splendid one to behold
seriously.. what's next.. The women have mad skills, but do they really need to be apart of the Arnold?
Is the sport dying that much that they need a boost from stripper poles?
basskiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
I don't mind...

Srsly though agree with bass. Wtf
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #8
1bigun11

Quote:
Originally Posted by basskiller View Post
seriously.. what's next.. The women have mad skills, but do they really need to be apart of the Arnold?
Is the sport dying that much that they need a boost from stripper poles?
I think the sport is dying for both men and women, precisely because the promoters, in an effort to save the sport, are creating so many new categories that they are killing it. Figure, fitness, bikini, women's bodybuilding, pole dancing, all with age categories, weight categories, and so forth. Same for the men. Bodybuilding, board shorts, novice, open, master's over 40, master's over 50, teenage, junior, and on and on.

The NPC competitions are mind numbingly boring events lasting all morning, all afternoon, all evening, and into the early morning hours of the next day because of the gazillion categories of competitors and the quaint tradition they have of not presenting the awards after the judging is completed, but rather making everyone come back that night to learn the results so they can charge the audience for a separate new admission ticket.

There are many ways I can think of to improve and revive the sport. But adding a pole dancing event is not one of them.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #9
bufbiker

I think it's a slap in the face to female body builders. The perception that they all have 3" clits and faces like a horse with beards like, well.... like me has hurt the sport. That and wimpy men intimidated by a woman that coulds kick their skinny runt butts.
So let's stick some sweet poon tang on a pole and let them compete on who gets off the best!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #10
T1DMMA2BB
Vet

T1DMMA2BB is on a distinguished road
That would be interesting to see. It sucks that I moved from Ohio and cant go to the arnolds.
T1DMMA2BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #11
USNCTT
VET

USNCTT is a jewel in the roughUSNCTT is a jewel in the roughUSNCTT is a jewel in the rough
Welp time to make a road trip back to ohio. Do you think they will mind if I start making it rain, or do you think thats frowned upon lol
USNCTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #12
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
I'm sure they're all ok with it
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #13
USNCTT
VET

USNCTT is a jewel in the roughUSNCTT is a jewel in the roughUSNCTT is a jewel in the rough
I havent been to the AC in years and now that I have relocated to another state I will probably never get the chance to go again. It was a great time when I went though. I went to eddie georges restaurant and had a deep fried cheeseburger lol
USNCTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #14
Rocky83
Vet

Rocky83 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigun11 View Post
I think the sport is dying for both men and women, precisely because the promoters, in an effort to save the sport, are creating so many new categories that they are killing it. Figure, fitness, bikini, women's bodybuilding, pole dancing, all with age categories, weight categories, and so forth. Same for the men. Bodybuilding, board shorts, novice, open, master's over 40, master's over 50, teenage, junior, and on and on.

The NPC competitions are mind numbingly boring events lasting all morning, all afternoon, all evening, and into the early morning hours of the next day because of the gazillion categories of competitors and the quaint tradition they have of not presenting the awards after the judging is completed, but rather making everyone come back that night to learn the results so they can charge the audience for a separate new admission ticket.

There are many ways I can think of to improve and revive the sport. But adding a pole dancing event is not one of them.

^^^I agree with this, but the testosterone in my body is telling me that I may possibly enjoy watching LOL.
Rocky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #15
jkits

jkits will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

I agree with those whom think it's a bullshit way to draw in revenue. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing the pole dancing. I better wear some compression shorts if I watch.
jkits is offline   Reply With Quote