Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trapology
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by blm
    Do you have to send a password for non ghost mail recipients? I don't like that about tutanota.
    Youre not supposed to have to do that. Someone PMed me asking about that ive never heard a problem or heard that from anyone else ive had sign up

I looked for a good 15 minutes there isnt even an option to turn it on or off
    Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• Trapology
      • Jan 2007

I think I figured it out cause it just happened to me. This goes with any encrypted e-mail but the only way it caries its encryption is if you are both using the same e-mail

I just got an e-mail from someone with gmail. There was an option to make it private and when I clicked private it asked to put a password

So i think that might be what it is
      Some Men Aren't Looking For Anything Logical, Like Money. They Can't Be Bought, Bullied, Reasoned or Negotiated With. Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Comment

• blm
        Vet
        • Feb 2015

Are you saying you don't ever have to do that with non tutanota users? I messed with it for awhile sending test messages to my gmail and I could not get around it. It's great for security but a hassle if your trying to communicate with a source.

Comment

• Trapology
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by blm
          Are you saying you don't ever have to do that with non tutanota users? I messed with it for awhile sending test messages to my gmail and I could not get around it. It's great for security but a hassle if your trying to communicate with a source.
          No you dont, i just got an e-mail a minute ago from someone using gmail

And thats where I first saw the option to required a password for an e-mail which someone was asking me about. But even then the password isnt required

Comment

• blm
            Vet
            • Feb 2015

Interesting. I can't seem to get it to send to a non tutanota account without it.

Comment

• Trapology
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by blm
              Interesting. I can't seem to get it to send to a non tutanota account without it.
              You dont see a button near the send button in tuta that says "make private" or some shit that you can click on and off?

Comment

• blm
                Vet
                • Feb 2015

There is a confidential button. And yes, if you select it you can send messages freely, however they are not encrypted so it defeats the purpose. Might as well use gmail at that point.

Only way to send end to end encrypted messages to non tutanota users is with a password.

Comment

• Trapology
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by blm
                  There is a confidential button. And yes, if you select it you can send messages freely, however they are not encrypted so it defeats the purpose. Might as well use gmail at that point.

Only way to send end to end encrypted messages to non tutanota users is with a password.
                  Well thats the thing. With ANY email its not encrypted unless its pear to pear

So unless its safe-mail to safe-mail, tuta to tuta, hush to hush, its not an encrypted e-mail at all

Comment

• blm
                    Vet
                    • Feb 2015

How foolish of me, you're absolutely right. The illusion of security is greater than I realized.

Comment

• Trapology
                      • Jan 2007

For anyone interested in real internet security this is what you want to consider

Comment

• THROWBACK
                        • Oct 2015

I agree with this. I read an interesting article about sigaint laughing at officials presenting warrants to them. They claim it's not happening under any circumstances. It's refreshing to see people standing up for the right to privacy. Almost taboo in this day.

TB
                        TEAM SWISH

Originally posted by basskiller
                        sigaint.org

Comment

• Magnesium
                          Vet
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by THROWBACK
                          I agree with this. I read an interesting article about sigaint laughing at officials presenting warrants to them. They claim it's not happening under any circumstances. It's refreshing to see people standing up for the right to privacy. Almost taboo in this day.

TB
                          TEAM SWISH
                          That's good to hear. Most companies/people give everything up when the powers that be come asking questions.

Comment

• THROWBACK
                            • Oct 2015

Yep, I bet most have an open door policy no warrant needed.

TB
                            TEAM SWISH

Comment

• Trapology
                              • Jan 2007

If you guys are REALLY interested in internet security then go click on the tails link above

Its an entire OS built around privacy.

Comment

• THROWBACK
                                • Oct 2015

Thank you Nigbo and I'll certainly check this out. If any was to read my emails they would get a crap load of junk mail from dominos, pappa johns and retailmenot.lol

TB
                                TEAM SWISH

Comment

Working...