Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Androids

Ok so I really need a new phone and I've been putting it off forever. I have an s4 I think they're on s9 now. The phone can't even keep up with the software updates, and has been shutting down occasionally. Today I thought it completely died as it completely re booted itself out of nowhere with code and shit all over the screen. First time that ever happened. I think I jinxed myself. And not to mention the camera sucks. If I move an inch the lens adjusts and the light changes and it gets blurry. Idk if it's just because it's old. Any suggestions on a good android if anyone has one? Experiences with them? I swear they build them to be obsolete in 6 months. I hate it. I hate going to the phone store too, and I hate salesman. Probably about as fun for me as calling the cable company.
  • Bigpapapumpaf
    VET
    • Feb 2017

I just upgraded into the Note 8 from a Note 4. I like the Note because of the stylus and the ability to sign contracts from my cell. Its a great phone and I got a BYGO offer so it was worth it. I called my carrier direct and no hassles.

BPP

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I got a cheap $50 LG phone with Android and it's gtg for all my needs.

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
        I got a cheap $50 LG phone with Android and it's gtg for all my needs.
        Even the software updates?

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by b52
          Even the software updates?
          Yes.

Comment

• Beef Newton
            VET
            • Nov 2018

The best Android is an iPhone.

Comment

• Dakota
              VET
              • Feb 2017

Any of the new S series are great phones. I would get one that is not the "latest" and save the money. The differences in the "new" phones each year is smaller and smaller differences.
              The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Big D
                VET
                • Mar 2018

Upgraded from an S5 to a S9. Its faster and no more glitches, slow performance.
                S9 is basically same platform as S5. I am happy with it. S9+ is really nice and has a slightly bigger screen, and extra features.

Comment

• ajaymehta10
                  • Dec 2018

Android phones is also good. Samsung brand is the number one brand in the Android phone.

Comment

• choke

The improvements and updates to the S9, 9+ are more than enough to make it worth it for you. The newer phones have enough horsepower in them to likely enable you to keep the 9 series for longer than you did the 4.

I use an android if for no other reason than they allow more flexibility, you can do more things with them than with an iPhone. I like the form factor of the iPhones better; but if you tweak your phone at all, the android is more customizable.

I do some weird work, and we have some apps that are fairly rigorous; and the android handles them the best hands down.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                      • Oct 2017

I've had an S8 since they came out. I've had no issues with operation, speed, functionality, etc. I love it. My only problem is my cracked screen. But so far so good.
                      OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

Working...