X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stronger777
    Banned
    • May 2018

Multiple injections from the same syringe

Ok so I have a decent sized quantity of gear to be injected; however, I want to use the same syringe but multiple injections sites. Lets say I plan to pin 2ml of test, but I want to inject into smaller body parts, so its better go with less ML for the body part. Lets use the calves for example. Could I draw my 2ml into the syringe, inject in the left calf, pull out, screw on a fresh needle, and then inject the other 1ml in the right calf and still be safe???
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by stronger777
    Ok so I have a decent sized quantity of gear to be injected; however, I want to use the same syringe but multiple injections sites. Lets say I plan to pin 2ml of test, but I want to inject into smaller body parts, so its better go with less ML for the body part. Lets use the calves for example. Could I draw my 2ml into the syringe, inject in the left calf, pull out, screw on a fresh needle, and then inject the other 1ml in the right calf and still be safe???
    i don't see any reason as to why not.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Beef Newton
      VET
      • Nov 2018

I do this all the time and have for years with never an issue.

Comment

• b52
        • Oct 2006

As long as you're not sticking it back in the bottle you should be good.

Comment

• stronger777
          Banned
          • May 2018

Thanks for the input gents. I Just starting adding some more sites in order to prevent scarring. Sounds all good.....

Comment

• A1food4u

yup..... as a precaution I would use an alcohol wipe on the pin after each poke

Comment

• gotgame
              Vet
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by A1food4u
              yup..... as a precaution I would use an alcohol wipe on the pin after each poke
              are you joking? Maybe i misunderstood..

Yes it is fine to inject partially and pull out and replace the needle with a fresh one each time. Do not touch the needle with anything ever and then reuse. Alcohol does not kill all bacteria..at most maybe 70-80%.. chlorhexidine doesnt even kill it all.

Comment

• Rebornlite
                VET
                • Dec 2018

I have done this several times with no issues. I have hit scar tissue and unable to get past so I pull out and switch tips to hit different spot.

Comment

• Rebornlite
                  VET
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by gotgame

Yes it is fine to inject partially and pull out and replace the needle with a fresh one each time. Do not touch the needle with anything ever and then reuse. Alcohol does not kill all bacteria..at most maybe 70-80%.. chlorhexidine doesnt even kill it all.
                  Sound advice , 100% correct.

Pins are so cheap, reuse nothing and risk nothing

Comment

• stronger777
                    Banned
                    • May 2018

Originally posted by Rebornlite
                    Sound advice , 100% correct.

Pins are so cheap, reuse nothing and risk nothing
                    Reb I think I've seen you around over @ TSC. Glad to hear from you. I would never wipe a needle down _ WTF>?

Comment

• SauerJitsu2005
                      • Dec 2018

I've reused syringes many times with no issues, and always use fresh needles.

Comment

• 01dragonslayer
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2018

I done that very thing numerous times to control volume at specific sites without any issues.

Comment

• water43
                          Vet
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SauerJitsu2005
                          I've reused syringes many times with no issues, and always use fresh needles.
                          same
                          the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by gotgame

No, I was being serious ..... but DAMN!!!...... Thanks for setting me straight!!! I figured that I was good to go that way... I always wash and then alcohol rinse the inject areas, wipe down barrel and plunger, disinfecting hands and fingers first... go figure.... guess I been lucky. Won't do that again
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Ripitup
                              VET
                              • Nov 2018

I don't see any reason to change the needle. If you are wiping the area with alcohol wipes there is nothing wrong with injecting and then taking it out and inject in a different body part using the same needle. When I used to do prolotherapy the doc would fill a syringe up with 6ml of solution and inject in 6-7 areas in my elbow or shoulder. Also, just the other day my other doc did a needling procedure on me and pulled the needle in and out several times. I always switch the needle after I draw out of the vial because I use a 20g needle, but I would never change the needle if I was injecting the volume of one syringe into 2 body parts; it's your own body and not like you are sharing needles with someone else.

Comment

Working...