Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ripitup
    VET
    • Nov 2018

I think there has to be a balance. I think if you are taking low doses like Arimidex at .25mg twice a week on trt you are fine. Even if you take more during a cycle to keep your estrogen in range then you should be fine also. I'm not basing that on any research, just my opinion. As with anything, use not abuse.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I just found this long but worthwhile reading article in regard to this thread.

ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Rebornlite
        VET
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Ripitup
        I think there has to be a balance. I think if you are taking low doses like Arimidex at .25mg twice a week on trt you are fine. Even if you take more during a cycle to keep your estrogen in range then you should be fine also. I'm not basing that on any research, just my opinion. As with anything, use not abuse.
        Reasonable and logically thinking Rip. I must say that I am on dr prescribed trt and get bloodwork frequently. My estro levels have yet to concern my dr. enough to include an AI into mix.

How manyvof us are taking a.i when it may not be needed? I never understood why ai were a staple on a cycle regardless if needed per bloodwork. Perhaps many assume wrong and suppress E2 way to often.

I have only had to introduce adex a few times and that was for short period when E2 skyrocketed during adrol usage. It was emergency usage.

Bloodwork, bloodwork, bloodwork

Comment

• Glycomann

I think there are a couple of problems when we cycle when it comes to AIs. We tend to jump around with compounds and dosages. So using an AI and the dose needed is a moving target. Even when using just TRT it can take some testing, i.e. more than a single test, to dial it in. So when guys scold to get bloodwork to know your AI dose I think it's a little disingenuous. I think probably 1 in 100 users actually dial things in with bloodwork and those guys are so anal I don't know if I could have a conversation with one of them.

So most of us are just guessing and going by feel. I only tested a few times while using an AI and sort of lucked out 2/3 times. The other time I was in the basement and my lipids wer inverted. Since then I try to avoid them and limit the amount of aromatizing stuff I use. I keep some around and it seems that every time I start using one my freaking joints kill me within 10 days. Of course my joints are beat to shit from sports and lifting for 4+ decades.

Strangely enough, one that I found easiest to use and lucked out dialing in was Letro like GG.

Comment

• gotgame
            Vet
            • Jan 2019

Its a good point on how people do vary thee doses so its a bit tough to dial in. Truthfully while there are dangers of taking E2 too low id probably opt for that over E2 levels that are too high, at least on a temp basis.

lets say you know based on getting labs done once..that between 500-750mg of test a week that 1 tab of letro keeps you in range ( just for example not saying that it will). Then it might be reasonable to say if you add in some dbol or something else that converts easily that you may need at least another 1/2 tab or maybe a full tab more a week while you are on those substances.

Hopefully are are only on those much higher doses and variety of substances for a few weeks and if you overshoot the E2 supression during that time you arent gonna go all osteopenic that quickly. WHen you go back to your cruising/base test range of maye 500mg a week you know what it takes to keep you about normal.

If im taking 375mg a week ill use 1/2 tab letro. 500mg or more i get by with 1/2 tab twice a week and ive checked my E2 levels while in both of those ranges ( up to 750mg) and it keeps me low normal.

each person is diffrent but it can be tough to dial in If also seen people suggesting 2.5mg every day or EOD! That is usually overkill and long term can cause issues.

Edit : of note. its much easier to keep in range with low bf due to enzyme activity.

Comment

• Glycomann

GG Any thoughts DIM and calcium D-glucarate for estrogen control?

Comment

• gotgame
                Vet
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Glycomann
                GG Any thoughts DIM and calcium D-glucarate for estrogen control?
                nope lol. I really dont know much about them at all. To me its always been either block the receptor or block the conversion process. I can do both fairly well with either an AI like aromasin or letro or a SERM depending on what i am trying to accomplish so i havent looked into much else.

Comment

• MR. BMJ
                  • Apr 2006

I've heard good things on Calcium-d Glucorate, but it's been a few years.

Comment

Working...