X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

An Im interesting Article

I found this an interesting read.
    Get Big. Get Strong. Go Old School. To make progress, look to the past. Here are the best training and lifestyle lessons from legendary bodybuilders, strongmen, and coaches. The legendary physiques of yesteryear remain the gold standard of physical development. Few bodybuilders today can blend size and symmetry like the classic bodybuilders did. And strength feats today are rarely as impressive as those of old-school strongmen. History is the best teacher, but only if we’re willing to he...
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain
  • Ripitup
    VET
    • Nov 2018

That's a good read and makes you think back to the basics. Bodybuilding has changed dramatically over the past few decades. In my opinion the old school bodybuilders, like Arnold and the likes, look WAAAAY better than the pro's do today.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I love reading about the old time strongmen.
      Very good read.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Dakota
        VET
        • Feb 2017

The 75 lb dumbell challenge does not seem that impressive to me. I may have to try it. I could clean and press 110 lbs overhead with one hand when I was in high school and wrestling 138 lbs. I admit my much bigger friends could not do it, but it is all technique. You snatch it all the way to your shoulder in one move and then squat and leap into the weight while extending your arm. All the inertia you generate with your legs makes not that hard. Maybe one is not allowed to use your legs and you have to just press it up?
        The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Good read. Shame on T Nation for putting a wrong pic for Vince Gironda - guy in pic with Arnold is Robert Nailon, not Vince.

Comment

• Dakota
            VET
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
            Good read. Shame on T Nation for putting a wrong pic for Vince Gironda - guy in pic with Arnold is Robert Nailon, not Vince.
            I read and article recently that had a pic of Reg Park identified as Vince Gironda. You would think ironheads would know them by heart. Who writes these articles? Wannabes?
            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Dakota
              The 75 lb dumbell challenge does not seem that impressive to me. I may have to try it. I could clean and press 110 lbs overhead with one hand when I was in high school and wrestling 138 lbs. I admit my much bigger friends could not do it, but it is all technique. You snatch it all the way to your shoulder in one move and then squat and leap into the weight while extending your arm. All the inertia you generate with your legs makes not that hard. Maybe one is not allowed to use your legs and you have to just press it up?
              It said clean and press - you are thinking clean and jerk when ya get your legs into it. Much easier like that. Although I agree cleaning and pressing a 75lb db for 12 doesn't sound too hard. Then again, he was a midget (article said 56" tall? ) and this was from the Jurassic Era.

Comment

Working...