Starting Prep for PL Meet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bufbiker

There is one other guy who is 50 that is a monster.
    He's 6'4", 280 and strong as an ox.
    He was stronger than me for sure, but I think right now we are pretty close.
    I would give trhe edge to him on bench, me on squat, and deads I don't know, I've never seen him doing them.

Speaking of dead lifts, I did some warm-up sets, then hit one set.
    675x3, then went home.
    I'm ready. I just need my blister to heal up because it is really bothering me.

Comment

• bufbiker

Resting up for Saturday.
      Back is a bit sore from Tuessday night and my hands hurt from gripping the bar.
      Blister is still a problem but scabbed over now.
      PSYCHED!

Comment

• bufbiker

Tomorrow is it.
        Nerves are on edge. Ready to bite the head off of anyone who speaks to me.
        But I am ready to go. Rested, not sore anywhere, other than the normal back pain. I'm feeling good.
        Weighed in at 263.6 this morning, so I'll have to go up in weight class.
        I may just enter in the class with the biggest, baddest boys on the block just to see how I hang. I think I can hold my own raw with pretty much anyone.
        My wife is a mess. She hates watching me lift and will worry until it's over.
        I'll see you guys Monday.

Comment

• Jumperz
          Vet
          • Sep 2011

HEy buf! youll probably miss this but good luck brother its already saturday here down under. aha just finished chest and tris! good luck mate

Comment

• stumpyone
            • Jan 2012

Kick some ass buff
            shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• Darkness
              • Apr 2011

Best of luck Buff.

Comment

• bufbiker

What a ride.
                Glad it's over.
                1975 total, the year i graduated high school.
                Got an invitation to the IPF Grand Masters Championship to compete later this year out of state.
                Considering it, but not too hard right now. My old body aches!

Comment

• stumpyone
                  • Jan 2012

Congrats buff
                  shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• millenium girl
                    • Apr 2006

Well done buf! Old body lol, what should I say? I'm older than most of you guys ...
                    Don't forget to join
                    http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                    http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

• bufbiker

I'm 55. How old are you, or am I not supposed to ask a lady that question?
                      Heck, at our age it's bragging when I tell my age anymore. Only because I look sop good!

Comment

• bufbiker

Three weeks til my next meet. Competing in the raw division this time.
                        I think I've got a real good shot at taking it all.
                        Shooting for a 2100lb total this time.

Comment

• bufbiker

Hit Squats today. Warmed up until I felt ready.
                          5 sets pryamidding up to one rep max weight.
                          Work out was this: 750x1, 780x1, 775x1, 755x1, 755x1
                          Did a few calf raises, some light leg extensions and leg curls.
                          3 sets leg presses. Went up to 1170lbs on the machine.

Comment

• ozzy69
                            Assistant Admin
                            • Jun 2011

your lifts are freaking insane for someone your age--you have a solid 20 years on me and cant lift that--i think i have a new hero to look up to here

Comment

• bufbiker

I've been training non-stop, with only a week or two off here and there, since my first time in prison in '84. Even before then I had those little concrete filled weights from Sears. So I've been at it for a long, long time and have been blessed not to have any major injuries along the way.
                              Of course my knees are about shot, and as Shovel likes to taunt me, my left hip gives me problems on occassion.
                              But I am stronger now than I have ever been in my life. On tons more gear, but still stronger.
                              And I will admit that today it was very hard to crawl out of bed. I hurt all over!!!!

Comment

• bufbiker

Hit flat bench and Inclines today.
                                Flat - warm-ups then working sets 555x1, 555x1, 555x1
                                Inclines - 405x8, 455x5, 455x5

Comment

Working...