Starting Prep for PL Meet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bufbiker

Yes it does!

Great training session today. Not sure if from the week off or from the 100mg var mixed with the 100mg a-drol. Probably both.

Bench - warmed up with - 225x10, 315x5, 405x5 then did 3 sets with 3 minutes between sets and lift completed before 1 minute after that. Wife timed me at this point.
    525x1, 535x1, 545x1
    The 545 felt light like I could have done two reps. Got to be the anadrol.
    Did 1 set inclines 405x10 but left shoulder felt strange so I didn't do any more.

Check my BP today. It was 146/87 I think. Not bad considering all I'm on right now.

Comment

• bufbiker

Decent training session this evening.
      Dead Lifts - a few light reps, then three sets - 585x1, 675x1, 730x1
      Also did a couple of reps on standing Military Presses.

Comment

• Darkness
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bufbiker
        Decent training session this evening.
        Dead Lifts - a few light reps, then three sets - 585x1, 675x1, 730x1
        Also did a couple of reps on standing Military Presses.
        at 240 that just a great big fucken raw dead bro.

Comment

• bufbiker

More like pushing 260lbs this am with all the var and adrol.
          I've gone from being about 9% bf to maybe 12 right now. Mostly water.
          But I'll need it when I try for my max weights on the 18th.
          I may have to go up a weight class if I keep gaining.

Comment

• bufbiker

No training today. Training will be minimal for the next week.
            Will do squats Saturday, Bench Monday, Deads either Tuesday or Wednesday, probably Tuesday, then nothing until Comp on that Saturday.

Comment

• bufbiker

Trained Squats today.
              Did low rep warm-ups, pyramided up to 725, and did three sets there.
              725x1, 725x1, 725x1
              Had a slight nose bleed on the right nostril on last set.
              Weight holding steady at 258. The water from the adrol is being held at bay by my hydrchlorothiazide. (By the way, I have to bring a Dr's note and my prescription bottle of the diuretic as this is a banned substance. But I'm on so much gear that is the least of my worries.)

Comment

• Darkness
                • Apr 2011

What's your BP like?

Comment

• bufbiker

I checked it at the grocery store. Could only get my forearm in the stupid thing. But it checked at 175/87. Not too bad considering.
                  My legs are killing me today though. I can barely stand or sit.
                  But i really want to hit 2000lb or more total Saturday. I was just trying to build up my confidence for a big 750lb attempt possibly.
                  If I can hit a 550 bench and a 700 dead then a 750 squat I'll be right on 2000.
                  All of these weights are easily attainable I feel.

Comment

• bufbiker

Getting psyched. Trained Saturday with my little tights on and my new "legal" sized belt.
                    Didn't bother me too much. I was a little self conscious when this Puerto Rican chick came up hitting on me. I saw her eyeing my junk (after squatting 725 it's not too impressive) and I had to explain I'm training for a comp this weekend.
                    So that broke me in for the worst part of it, wearing those stupid little tights. (My wife loves them)
                    Bench training tonight. Will train in gym due to cold weather. It's supposed to be in the 60's this afternoon. Brrrr. (Remember I'm from Florida before you call me a wuss!)

Comment

• bufbiker

Bench training this evening.
                      Very weak. Was on the business end of a shovel all day long and have a bloody blister on my right hand between the thumb and trigger finger. (Guess I'll have to start having sex with the old lady again)
                      It was a bit painful but I was still able to knock off a few reps.
                      5 sets warm-ups pyramidding then 3 working sets at 525x1, 525x1, 505x1

Comment

• Glycomann

DAmn BB your a strong SOB!

Comment

• Shovel
                          VET
                          • Jul 2011

Bp is pretty high old man... Be careful brotha
                          Semper Fi

Comment

• stumpyone
                            • Jan 2012

comp is this sunday right?
                            shoot for that last rep and when you get it... do two more!! semper fi do or die gung ho gung ho gung ho!!!

i am an idiot, i dont know nuthin bout nuthin. i have never done anything illegal but get great joy from pretending that i have. drugs are bad o.k. I am a loser that likes to type about shit that ill never have the sack to do!

Comment

• bufbiker

Saturday.
                              This evening will be last traingin session until meet. Will be doing deads.
                              Everyone is saying I shold be resting, and they are probably right.
                              But for me it's a mental thing. I have to keep reminding myself that I can do it, and by lifting I prove myself right. Power Lifting is 50% mental.
                              You have to be a half-wit to want to do it.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Considering the lifts you've posted in this log, add in the extra 2-3% you will get from the adrenalin rush from being there, the atmosphere, the competition etc, and IMO you will smash 2000 bro.

Btw, this has been a helluva log! I will say you don't seem to give yourself the credit you deserve. I'm thinkin' theres not many even at Westside thats your age lifting the numbers you lift raw. You say the gym you're at that those lifts are no big deal. But are you really gonna tell me theres another 55 y.o guy there that lifts what you lift raw? If so, send me some of that water down there in FLA!lol I have enjoyed following your progress big guy, best of luck in the meet!

Comment

Working...