Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

Cobra Kai?

Anyone watch this or into it? It's on Netflix. I never had Netflix until recently, and my nephew told me to check it out and I'd love it. He was right - I watched all of season 1 episodes yesterday haha.

It stems from the original 80's movie "The Karate Kid", and takes off 35 years later when Ralph Macchio is married with kids, owns his own car dealership, awesome house, and doing very well in life. Contrast him with his old nemesis Johnny Lawrence, the blond smartass kid that he beat in the finals in The Karate Kid, who is not doing so well, divorced, deadbeat dad, alcoholic, lives in a shithole, etc. They cross paths after all these years, and the shit hits the fan! IMO great stuff, and funny as heck.
    Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

I watched both seasons. Its kind of predictable but entertaining. You root for the two dudes to become buds but stuff out of their control always happens to screw it up. Maybe in season 3 they'll join forces against the bad guy. Its kind of like an afternoon after school special. Cheesy but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to next season.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• 78Steeler
      VET
      • Dec 2018

My 17 year old son and I loved it! He loved it so much he’s going as “Johnny Lawrence” for the big high school Halloween party.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
        • May 2019

Originally posted by 78Steeler
        My 17 year old son and I loved it! He loved it so much he’s going as “Johnny Lawrence” for the big high school Halloween party.
        Haha that's awesome!
        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• b52
          • Oct 2006

If you wanna watch something awesome watch TREAD. Guy armored a bulldozer and took out city hall. I remember hearing about it in 06.

Comment

• Dakota
            VET
            • Feb 2017

I haven't had TV since March. I don't miss it. I brought my big 52 inch TV into my little cabin a couple months ago. It sat behind the sofa for weeks. Then I hung it up. It sat unfunctional on the wall. Then I used it a couple times to watch a free movie or two from my lap top. Then it sat for a couple more week. A few weeks back I hooked it up to an antenna so I could get local News.

The day I turned it on and it was right as the CBS News came on. It was non stop Left leaning News and Trump bashing. I shut it off and haven't turned it on since.

My life is golden right now. My beautiful wife has let me play Huck Finn while I still can and I am thoroughly enjoying life "off grid". The work is hard and plentiful but man am I lean. I just started putting up firewood for the winter again and had to start back on Var to cope with the physical stress. It is amazing how alive an old guy feels getting out of the concrete jungle and humbling yourself. I miss not spending more time on the boards and having more "real workouts" but winter is nearly here and I will be pumping iron again soon. With my work load it has been limited and nearly unnecessary but it sure changes one's physique going from weights to labor workouts. My hope is to do a light cycle in December and bulk up a little again.

I didn't mean to hijack the post, but I guess I did.

Be well men, I will be around more soon.
            The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

Working...