X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Puff88
    VET
    • Jan 2019

Testosterone Infused with DHEA

So just received my prescription from my clinic and my vial of test cup is infused with DHEA. It is 200mg/ml test and 10mg/ml of DHEA. I am pretty annoyed, as this was never discussed at all or anything that I agreed to. I did request that they send me the test with no infusion, so we shall see. Regardless, I know nothing about supplementing with DHEA. I don't know about how long or what does would be beneficial, or if there is more bad to good for taking it if it is not something I necessarily need.

Can anyone share some input on if this would be beneficial to use or just wait until I get the new prescription?

I know, I know. Signs of a bad clinic and reason to look for a new one. I knew that this place was not "the best" in town, but they were running a 6 month promo that I wanted to take advantage of just due to price and wanting a legal script and figured I would look for somewhere new once these 6 months are up. So no need to get into why I should find a new spot, I know.
  • Beef Newton
    VET
    • Nov 2018

That's interesting to me, actually. My DHEA is usually on the low side, and for whatever reason, oral or even topical supplementation of even low doses of it make me irritable as hell. I wonder if injectable would fare better for me. A guy I know uses a local TRT clinic, and they gave him a blend of Test Cyp and Test Prop, which I thought was pretty novel. At one time, I wondered if using Cyp would keep a stable baseline, and the Prop could (maybe) be used to more closely the natural rhythm of Test levels (like higher in the morning and decreases through day).

Comment

• Puff88
      VET
      • Jan 2019

Yeah I am not sure. Obviously I am a bit annoyed that it was sent to me this way without any discussion around it. Originally the doctor told me the test was actually going to be infused with the adex, and I told him that I did not want that and to please compound them separately. He agreed, no problem. Then in the e-mail that stated what was going to be included in my shipment, said test cyp which depending on your prescription may or may not be infused with anastrozole. Never 1 mention of DHEA.

I can't find much online about IM DHEA injections. How it is absorbed, dosing, safety, etc.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

I don't think that small amount of DHEA will have much effect one way or another. It isn't going to hurt anything.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

Actually I think that is awesome for a trt patient. DHEA production degrades over time in men and women, and is a precursor to pretty much all sex hormones and such small amounts of other things are used in hundreds of processes in the body. I take oral DHEA and it helps with the foggy brain and erratic libido symptoms that often accompany long term TRT use.

If I had injectable DHEA I’d definitely take it.

Comment

• Darkness
            • Apr 2011

And idk how the IM DHEA dosing compares to oral. I take 25mg ED oral. 10mg EW seems marginal even if half the oral DHEA is destroyed in the liver.

Comment

• warreng
              VET
              • Dec 2018

I remember a discussion on TSC in which it was concluded that hcg keeps dhea production alive via the "cascade" of hormones it produces.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

I think you have a smart and knowledgeable Dr unlike most doctors regarding hrt.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• kriegernindo
                  VET
                  • Feb 2020

Very smart doctor indeed that is very cool to have DHEA infused with test considering what an amazing precursor DHEA is to do many hormones in the. Body

Comment

Working...