Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

The end is here, Summer gone!

I tried to hang on, put in my time, stayed in the game but to no avail... time and the diminishing hours of daylight reigned the day. I went to the end of the line, pushed through the exhaustion and pain only to enlist a deeper pain wanton for the cure, then it was over. It was over! Like vapor rising in the mid-day Autumn sun, the placard of my existence; moving ice, just vaporized. I had just worked a 14 hour day, moved 16,000+ lbs of ice and the next day got the slip; gone. The pink slip! After 4 months of 12-14 hour days/ 6 day weeks, moving on average 12-16,000lbs ice per day, well over 1,008,000 lbs in total, I arrived at the end of the line. You can take the man out of the ice delivery truck, but you can never take the volume out of the man. Off the past week I tried to sleep in, but woke up daily at 3:15 AM. What to do in the void? I caught myself rushing to get another job; replacement therapy! For all intents and purposes I had planned on being in St. Petersburg Russia this week for the oil and gas pipeline expo but it was canceled until spring 2021, so where am I, high and dry; high and dry! How long does it take the body to depreciate a lifelong of stress; wonderful weightlifting and physical conditioning stress! Well, I think after a certain point there’s never any return to the original blob or unkempt specimen, so where does that leave me? The natural inclination is to want to take stock; where am I, exactly? what have I got? what am I working for? what am I working with? My old 3-tiered fitness Questionnaire: 1)what injuries have you got, 2)what are your limitations of movement, and 3)how much time are you willing to put into your training? The good news is: the swelling in my ankle from breaking it 4 years ago is gone, the damaged metatarsal on my other foot which caused me to limp for 2 1/2 years is gone, I also dropped a solid 26 pounds and five loops on my belt, my chemistry has changed! My shoulders got huge, my lats very wide, my arms and wrists are strong again, my back is more flexible & I can palm the floor, my hamstrings are stretched. For a 61-year-old man, I think I’m in pretty good shape. The end is indeed here, but I am at a crossroads; do I jump in another truck and count unduly miles rolling under my wheels, pushing myself to the edge of exhaustion? Or go back to the gym and train until the spring equinox, my magic moment in time, to thrive and finish the job I started of renewing myself five years ago? Hmmm...
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

Find you a cake job for another year then file for SS at 62. Once on that, you can take it EZ, spend all the time you want searching for the Holy Grail, and do all the supersets your heart desires from equinox 'til solstice.
    Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Frizzel frazzal drizzle drone!
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• mrhtbd
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by liftsiron
        Frizzel frazzal drizzle drone!
        That’s kizmut! So funny you said that Lifts! Just two weeks ago I was out with my 14 year old daughter and had her watch an episode of “Tooter Turtle.” She loved it. Since I got laid off I got small & moved into a box-like room, now if I can only teleport! Mr. wizard where are you?����

Comment

• liftsiron
          Administrator
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mrhtbd
          That’s kizmut! So funny you said that Lifts! Just two weeks ago I was out with my 14 year old daughter and had her watch an episode of “Tooter Turtle.” She loved it. Since I got laid off I got small & moved into a box-like room, now if I can only teleport! Mr. wizard where are you?����
          I used to watch that cartoon all the time.
          ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

That’s where I got my Sigmond Freud voice from, “Mr. Wizzard!” “Tell me, vut do yu sink of ure muzzer?” “vut do yu sink of ure fazzaer?” “Ver yu beaten as a child!” Ha ha! “Now, vere ist mine bells for ze dumbing?”😁😅😎

Comment

• liftsiron
              Administrator
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mrhtbd
              That’s where I got my Sigmond Freud voice from, “Mr. Wizzard!” “Tell me, vut do yu sink of ure muzzer?” “vut do yu sink of ure fazzaer?” “Ver yu beaten as a child!” Ha ha! “Now, vere ist mine bells for ze dumbing?”😁😅😎
              Yup you sound just like him.
              ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

You'll never get your Russian bride being unemployed.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• mrhtbd
                  • Apr 2015

I realize that RR, but some health issues surfaced and I need cheap health insurance. There’s a clot somwhere in my colon. It breaks loose and I pass it weekly now for the past 6 months. Not from hemoroids because no blood on the paper but there are bloody mucas spots in the middle of stool. Need a colonoscopy and its about $1400. My plan now that I am out of work, 1) qualify for cheap insurance, 2) get the health issues straightened out then 3) return to work until August. Had a CT scan at the ER 2 weeks ago: Results: no internal bleeding, simple cysts on left kidney and liver (benign), no other abnormaladies indicated. Blood work done: high red blood cell count (17), high creatinine and alt, all else in normal range. Been having gastro-indigestion the last 6 months. Lastly: trying to cull the numbers of Russian women who write to me (over 30/day) I told them all I’ve got health problems, no job and am broke. They still write. I guess they’ll do anything to get into the US, I don’t see any other appeal. On a good note, my SSI plus Teacher Retirement should be over $3000/month, at least that’s something. (I don’t tell the girls about that!) My father, uncle, brother and cousin all died of health problems at 62, so getting a clean bill is paramount at this time.

Comment

Working...