Allergic reactions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glycomann

Switch gear and see if it subsides. give it 10 days to evaluate. I have problems with EO but not like that. PIP to the max but not that.

Comment

• baby1
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by beast
      Shot of test 2 weeks ago. Don't plan on any more till I figure this out.
      Get yourself on a good daily probiotic to. Some people on prednisone can get fungal ingections. I have had a few clients get Folliculitis on their scalp while on prednisone.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Hasn't gone away, still no lifts and no exertion of any type due to burning and itching so I sat my happy ass in a doctors office for 6 hours today. They think it's Lupus. Took a nickle size chunk out of my leg for biopsy so we'll see.
        Have they tested for shingles? They can be nasty until treated with the proper med.
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• beast
          Vet
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by liftsiron
          Have they tested for shingles? They can be nasty until treated with the proper med.
          They definitely will with that chunk of skin and blood they took. But they both said lupus right of the bat. I guess cause of the chapped redness on the face.
          Beast doesn't condone the use of any drugs without the proper script from a doctor. Everything said by Beast is for entertainment purposes only and mostly bullshit!

Comment

• Glycomann

They definitely will with that chunk of skin and blood they took. But they both said lupus right of the bat. I guess cause of the chapped redness on the face.
            Blood work results should be able to tell if it's SLE. Good luck.

Comment

• beast
              Vet
              • Mar 2010

They said their looking for any anti inflammatory shit. Something has disturbed my immune system.
              Beast doesn't condone the use of any drugs without the proper script from a doctor. Everything said by Beast is for entertainment purposes only and mostly bullshit!

Comment

• Glycomann

This is the shit they run for SLE. Make sure they run the whole panel. There are some other inflammatory markers they may look at. You should familiarize yourself with what they are looking at.

Antinuclear Antibody (ANA)

What it is: ANA is a type of antibody directed against the cells' nuclei.
                Why the test is used: ANA is present in nearly everybody with active lupus. Doctors often use the ANA test as a screening tool. Plus, looking at patterns of the antibodies can sometimes help doctors determine the specific disease a person has. That, in turn, helps determine which treatment would be most appropriate.
                Limitations of the test: Although almost all people with lupus have the antibody, a positive result doesn't necessarily indicate lupus. Positive results are often seen with some other diseases and in a smaller percentage of people without lupus or other autoimmune disorders. So a positive ANA by itself is not enough for a lupus diagnosis. Doctors must consider the result of this test along with other criteria.

Antiphospholipid Antibodies (APLs)

What it is: APLs are a type of antibody directed against phospholipids.
                Why the test is used: APLs are present in up to 60% of people with lupus. Their presence can help confirm a diagnosis. A positive test is also used to help identify women with lupus that have certain risks that require preventive treatment and monitoring. Those risks include blood clots, miscarriage, or preterm birth.
                Limitations of the test: APLs may also occur in people without lupus. Their presence alone is not enough for a lupus diagnosis.

Anti-Sm

What it is: Anti-Sm is an antibody directed against Sm, a specific protein found in the cell nucleus.
                Why the test is used: The protein is found in up to 30% of people with lupus. It's rarely found in people without lupus. So a positive test can help confirm a lupus diagnosis.
                Limitations of the test: Up to only 30% of people with lupus have a positive anti-Sm test. So relying on an anti-Sm result alone would miss a large majority of people with lupus.

Anti-dsDNA

What it is: Anti-dsDNA is a protein directed against double-stranded DNA. DNA is the material that makes up the body's genetic code.
                Why the test is used: Between 75% and 90% of people with lupus has a positive anti-dsDNA test. Also, the test is very specific for lupus. Therefore, a positive test can be useful in confirming a diagnosis. For many people, the titer, or level, of the antibodies rises as the disease becomes more active. So, doctors can also use it to help measure disease activity. Also, the presence of anti-dsDNA indicates a greater risk of lupus nephritis, a kidney inflammation that occurs with lupus. So a positive test can alert doctors to the need to monitor the kidneys.

Comment

• beast
                  Vet
                  • Mar 2010

Cool, thanks! I'm wondering if elevated test levels and/or HGH levels will make this worse? I came off everything but don't ever want too!

Comment

• baby1
                    • Jun 2009

could be. When I had them it was very visible
                    Last edited by baby1; 12-31-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Glycomann

Cool, thanks! I'm wondering if elevated test levels and/or HGH levels will make this worse? I came off everything but don't ever want too!
                      might want to come clean with your docs and tell them you probably don't make test anymore. they might test you and give you TRT. Then you would be on pharma grade TRT at least until this sorts out.

Comment

• beast
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2010

I hate small towns! The nurse practitioner is married to the judge!

Comment

• Glycomann

Fugg!!

Comment

• liftsiron
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2003

Are you seeing a NP for this?
                            ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• beast
                              Vet
                              • Mar 2010

Are you seeing a NP for this?
                              No they just both were helping me.

Comment

• baby1
                                • Jun 2009

No they just both were helping me.
                                Did you get a Medrol Dose pack or a prednisone script?

Comment

Working...