Testing all my samples from the Olympia Expo (thread will be updated regularly)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTAaron

Testing all my samples from the Olympia Expo (thread will be updated regularly)

I've decided to start a thread here to review all of the product samples I got at the 2006 Mr. Olympia Expo.

Here is a pic of all of the samples:

Today I decided to try some of the BSN protein product Synthra-6. It is listed as "An ultra premium sustained release protein powder". 23g of protein per pouch. I poured 2 pouches in a regular sized cup and added some water - the stuff mixed almost before I stirred it! Very impressive for a protein blend. The chocolate flavor was really tasty. Great product, I would buy it I wasn't a die-hard TrueProtein fan. I've got 2 packages of the Vanilla flavor and 2 packages of the Strawberry flavor to try out later... I'll let you guys know how they work out.

I also gave the "Kre-Alkylin Horsepower" by Ultimate Nutrition pre-workout mix a try, since I was getting ready for a workout. This is supposed to be an advanced creatine delivery system, and it has a few different arginine derivatives in it to give you a bigger pump and all that stuff. I had the lemon-lime flavor. Poured it into a glass and tried mixing it - the stuff would not disolve. I stirred for a while and thought it was dissolved - tried taking a drink and got a mouth full of powder. Really nasty tasting powder. Right now I'm holding off on leaving for my workout because my stomach is feeling kind of queasy from it... so thats a pretty big "thumbs down" on this product. I have 4-5 more packets of this garbage, so maybe I'll give it another try in a few days once I forget how awful it was.

After workout thoughts: I felt sick to my stomach for about 15 minutes after taking it... and ended up having to pee 3 times in about 30 minutes after taking it (which if you have ever worked out at a Lifetime Fitness - you understand is not a short walk!).
    Once I got going on my workout though - I noticed some HUGE pumps. I did my set of Rack Chins - and I had such a massive bicep pump that I could barely scratch my shoulder. I walked out of the gym after the workout just feeling like I was going to explode because I was so pumped up. We all know that "pump" doesn't equal growth - but if you're looking to feel like your skin is going to rip from the pumps then I guess this product gets it done. I'm not sure if it was worth the nasty taste and other issues, but it ended up being fun to try out.
  • KC Lifter

Looks like you got a couple hundred dollars worth of samples, cool.

Comment

• PTAaron

Today at work I had a chance to try out the bottle of EndoRush that I got at the expo. I also gave one to a co-worker, but he didn't have a chacnce to drink it today - so I'll share his opinions tomorrow when he tries it.

I started out drinking 1/4 of the bottle "to test my tolerance for 30 minutes" as recommended by the manufacturer. After 30 minutes I had started to feel an increase in energy levels - but not excessive, so I had another 1/4 of the bottle... more energy... about half an hour later I finished off the bottle. Not the best choice I had made up to that point - the "jittery" feeling of too much caffeine/stimulants started to hit pretty fast. I downed some more food to try to bring things back into balance... but things never really evened back out.

An hour or 2 later I had a MAJOR crash. I could barely keep my eyes open, and I felt like crap. That feeling lasted the rest of the day - still feeling like crap right now, but I have realized that I am apparently sick right now too... so not all of that is due to the crash from the EndoRush. The crash was major though - not a nice taper off, it just hit like a freight train. I'll let you guys know what my co-worker thinks of it though before forming a full opinion of the product.

Here is a link to the manufacturer's site: http://www.bsnonline.net/new/product...d=834266001309

My co-worker also gave the Horse Power NO product a try when he did his leg workout at work - he had the same opinion as me: Gave him a MAJOR pump! So if that is what you're after then this is a good one for you.

Comment

• Akira

This is an awesome thread man - keep it updated, this really helps people to make a decision in trying out the next wave of supplements.

Very cool.

-Ak

Comment

• goes4ever
          • Sep 2004

I used to get that much stuff at the arnold expo, but the last 2 yrs they have gotten REAL cheap on giving out supp's.........

Comment

• PTAaron

Akira - thanks, I'll to my best to review everything I have in that pile... except maybe the "just for women" suppliments! LOL!

G4E - I was wondering how the Arnold Expo was - that one is a lot closer to home, so if it was as good I was going to make a point of hitting it next time around.

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by PTAaron
              Today at work I had a chance to try out the bottle of EndoRush that I got at the expo. I also gave one to a co-worker, but he didn't have a chacnce to drink it today - so I'll share his opinions tomorrow when he tries it.

I started out drinking 1/4 of the bottle "to test my tolerance for 30 minutes" as recommended by the manufacturer. After 30 minutes I had started to feel an increase in energy levels - but not excessive, so I had another 1/4 of the bottle... more energy... about half an hour later I finished off the bottle. Not the best choice I had made up to that point - the "jittery" feeling of too much caffeine/stimulants started to hit pretty fast. I downed some more food to try to bring things back into balance... but things never really evened back out.

An hour or 2 later I had a MAJOR crash. I could barely keep my eyes open, and I felt like crap. That feeling lasted the rest of the day - still feeling like crap right now, but I have realized that I am apparently sick right now too... so not all of that is due to the crash from the EndoRush. The crash was major though - not a nice taper off, it just hit like a freight train. I'll let you guys know what my co-worker thinks of it though before forming a full opinion of the product.

Here is a link to the manufacturer's site: http://www.bsnonline.net/new/product...d=834266001309

My co-worker also gave the Horse Power NO product a try when he did his leg workout at work - he had the same opinion as me: Gave him a MAJOR pump! So if that is what you're after then this is a good one for you.
              Just a quick update - I woke up this morning at 2am throwing up and feeling like I got hit by a bus... so my initial "sick to the stomach" feelings with Horse Power may have been from whatever it is I have right now. Also the "major crash" may have been worsened by the fact that I am sick.

Comment

• PTAaron

Myoplex Deluxe Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (EAS)

Last night while I was feeling sick and wasn't able to get down any real food I decided to give one of the EAS protein bars a try...
                Went for a Myoplex Deluxe Chocolate Peanut Butter protein bar. 30g protein, 2g glutamine, 330 calories.

I have to say this was probably the best tasting protein bar I've ever had!

Comment

• buffness

Awesome thread PTa. That's a hell of a lot of sutff you go there

Comment

• Matt76
                    • May 2007

i'm so freaking jealous haha everytime I open this thread I hate PTAaron, but then I have to remember that I should be happy for him

pfff whatever

Comment

• Underdog

tell me how the spike is.. I have been looking at it closely but afraid to really try it.

Comment

• PTAaron

Thanks Buff.

Matt: if it helps... for what it cost for the flight/hotel/gambling/food/etc - the suppliments cost me a lot more than they would have from the store

Underdog: The flavor was a little on the sweet side for me. Didn't seem like a huge energy kick, but I did notice it. I had the can of it the morning we got on the plane though - so hard to really say how it affected me. Wish I had brought some more of the samples of that home. It is no worse than a Monster Energy Drink as far as the kick though. Nothing to be afraid of.

Comment

• irongirl

Holy crap, look at the stuff!!!! Lucky you!

It is an awesome thread Aaron. Thanks for sharing it with us.

What kind of "just for women" shit did ya get? (did you really get any?..lol..)

Comment

• PTAaron

Tried the EAS 100% Whey Protein powder yesterday... NOT a good product. I had high hopes because I love myoplex deluxe shakes. This product was very difficult to mix (it would barely mix with a spoon) and it tasted horrible. Maybe if I had a shaker cup or a blender it would have been less chunky - but I am used to my TrueProtein whey that mixes up easily with a spoon. This crap from EAS doesn't even come close.

Comment

• PTAaron

Originally posted by irongirl
                              Holy crap, look at the stuff!!!! Lucky you!

It is an awesome thread Aaron. Thanks for sharing it with us.

What kind of "just for women" shit did ya get? (did you really get any?..lol..)
                              Thanks IG. Glad to be able to share some info

Unfortunately while PB was down I posted a few more reviews over on MTD.com - then just now when I went to get them to copy/paste over to here the damn database at MTD had a failure and reverted back 5 days! Everything I posted over there about the suppliments is gone!

The "just for women" stuff was mostly vitamins that were designed for female athletes, and a few other things like fat burners I think - I'm not sure, they are still all in tracy's suitcase (we're really slow at unpacking!!).

Comment

Working...