Dead-lift alternative ..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • go4thepump

Dead-lift alternative ..

While most do the conventional deadlift , I myself have always used the Sumo style .
    This style is less stressful on the lower back , and utilizes more of your glutes .
    So , if you have a strong ass , then this might be the ticket to get your poundages up !!!!

Here is the start ...
    Attached Files
  • go4thepump

And here is the finish ....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Supes25

Thats how I do it, much less stress on my back!

Comment

• Hawk200

it's a bit awkward to get used to when coming from the traditional style but i like it a lot better.

Comment

• Deacon
          Vet
          • Jan 2005

sumo style works great for certain body types
          Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
          "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• GetBigger

hmm ive never tried those before. how are you guys fitting those into ur workouts?
            ill prolly stick with reg deads since it puts more focus on the back and i do deadlifts on back day.

Comment

• black7
              Vet
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Supes25
              Thats how I do it, much less stress on my back!
              I thought that was the point? i do them on back day.... is sumo style better for legs and ass?
              Tempus fugit, Carpe diem.

Comment

• ThypeTok73

Dead lift alternative

Yea, its something with your form as I dont have this problem. If you could get a vid up, that would be helpful.

Comment

• Erick15

Sumo style or conventional style is a difficult question.Sumo style is easy and it puts less stress on the back.I agree that the conventional deadlift shuld be used as the default deadlift... However, for guys who have been training over a period of time, they will the realize whether they are more suited for conventional or sumo deads.
                  What do you people do sumo or conventional?

Comment

• A.B
                    VET
                    • Jun 2004

i havent done them in years.. i cant even remember the last time i have actually gone heavy doing deads with some of my injuries.

Comment

• banana joose

I've seen guys doing these. I can see how it would take some practice, but now that I know it is safer on my back I will give it a try. I usually only do deads about once every 3 weeks due to past lower back injuries. Keep the weight low and occasionally step it up but I usually irritate the old injury. Thanks for this thread!

Comment

• Persian
                        VET
                        • Oct 2007

Ive only done dead lifts 5 or 6 times in my life

Comment

• rockinred
                          Vet
                          • Oct 2011

I'm gonna give these a go....once the technique is down, is the general rule that you can lift more?
                          Work Hard...Train Hard...Play Hard!!!

Comment

• Lokedogg
                            Vet
                            • Jan 2008

I do deads with a trap bar you stand inside of. But I more do them as a substitute for squats. I have a limited range of motion in one of my shoulders that prohibits me for holding the bard behind my neck. How much I bend forward and how deep I go(for legs I keep my torso as straight as possible and stand on raised platform for ass to grass). I also utilise the trap bar for a deadlifts routine to control how much lower back emphasis I incorporate. It's a great bar I think a lot of people would like for aforementioned problems. I learned a long time ago that instead not hitting certain muscle/muscle groups, to use other things like dumbells. Most shoulder problems can be averted just by switching to dumbells on things like presses- military,bench et., I can't do barbell military presses and 135lbs kills my shoulder like it's jamming it out of my rotator cuff. But I can get reps out of 100lb dumbells.

Comment

Working...