Clear All
  • b52
    • Oct 2006

Steroids and the heart

Interesting article I came across.

• liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

The article never listed the study, protocol, etc. Sure steroids can can cause hbp and if you have uncontrolled hbp it will eventually weaken the heart. I like at the bottom of the article:

"See All Steroid Abuse Topics"
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• b52
      • Oct 2006

yeah, wasn't too descriptive, but interesting nonetheless

Comment

• Magnesium
        Vet
        • Dec 2009

That article is way too vague to be of any real use. Steroid related blood pressure will cause LVH, but so will hbp in general. For all we know the steroid users they found were fat from "bulking", bloated on salt, on 2 grams a week for a decade and turned purple every time they took a dump.

Comment

• Glycomann

I definitely take a cardio hit when I'm on. Didn't always be like that when I was younger. but I've been off for 3 weeks and my stamina is right back up to par. Personally I think it's transient and if you wither go off or get off everything except for a normal replacement for periods of a few months on and off you should be fine. Do big doses for long long periods and there can be problems. BP goes up, heart rate goes up. blood gets thick. Vascular endothelium gets thick and stiff. Not good things. You want to be national caliber if a pro then there is going to be some dysfunction. Maybe reversible or maybe not. Today you really have to push the envelope. But as a gym guy or a lower level BBer there is really no need to be pounding away on the syringe lever non-stop year after year. Take breaks, use your head, listen to your body and you should be fine.

Comment

• mr.zone
            • Aug 2014

That's just a blanket statement, and they give know facts to back any of that up. Most negative sides are dose dependent, length of cycle and the individuals prior health condition. I've known a few who have disregarded there health for vanity.

Comment

Working...