X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Number-LL
    Vet
    • Jan 2012

Glucose Help

I'm currently on a keto diet and have been reading a lot about it mainly in Lyle McDonald's book. I have been doing a Targeted Keto Diet were I take in around 20g of carbs prework to help get through the work. The workout burns off most of the carbs and you get back into ketosis quickly.

The book suggests you don't use fructose or sucrose since they may refill liver glycogen and risk interrupting ketone body formation.

What quick digesting carb do you suggest that gives the least amount of stomach discomfort? Maltodextrin?

I don't know if there is much of the corn protein left but I may be a little sensitive to corn so would love to find a good rice glucose.
    I don't chase boys, I pass them! - My Daughter

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.
  • Number-LL
    Vet
    • Jan 2012

Bump

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. - Marcus Aurelius

Unrequited thoughts will remain unless action separates itself from dreams and the ambition becomes sufficient to advance toward a set goal.

Comment

• Magnesium
      Vet
      • Dec 2009

i've always like dextrose(glucose). I found some on amazon that was made from berries a while back. sucrose is a dextrose and fructose molecule stuck together, with fructose being a slower burning carb, i could see why you'd want to avoid it. Fructose is also absorbed through an enzymatic reaction that limits the rate at which it absorbs.

I never used it as part of a keto diet, but did use it to make my own sports drinks, which always worked well.

Comment

• Number-LL
        Vet
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Magnesium
        i've always like dextrose(glucose). I found some on amazon that was made from berries a while back. sucrose is a dextrose and fructose molecule stuck together, with fructose being a slower burning carb, i could see why you'd want to avoid it. Fructose is also absorbed through an enzymatic reaction that limits the rate at which it absorbs.

I never used it as part of a keto diet, but did use it to make my own sports drinks, which always worked well.
        Thanks for the advise. I will probably find a dextrose. I have a big tub of waxy maize but I get heart burn from it. It doesn't seem to hit quite as fast as dextrose.

Comment

Working...