X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kriegernindo
    VET
    • Feb 2020

Aromatase Inhibitors May Raise Heart Risks

Newer Breast Cancer Drugs May Carry Higher Risk of Heart Problems Than Tamoxifen: Study

"Treatment with aromatase inhibitors is associated with a significant increase in the risk of cardiovascular events, specifically heart attacks, angina, and heart failure, compared with tamoxifen," says Eitan Amir, MD, a senior fellow in oncology and hematology at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto.

And in December 2008, the FDA added a warning label to Arimidex cautioning of the increased risk for heart disease, he says.

Src: https://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/...se-heart-risks
  • kriegernindo
    VET
    • Feb 2020

I have been having palpitations and heart problems for a few months now that have gotten a little better but overall I have been feeling unwell.

I got this idea in the gym today (because of constantly feeling short on breath during training, lightheaded during compound movements and more) to search for arimidex effects on the heart, and I discovered that this drug was developed for women with breast cancer, but is also linked to heart disease and from the get go will start reducing the amount of oxygen going to your heart. I learned a lot more during my research but its late and I am tired. I wanted to open up a discussion possibly...

It's just something I thought of sharing and seeing if any other bros on here have regularly used arimidex or any of the three common aromatase inhibitors and experienced any negative side effects?

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

That was one study by one doctor who came up with those conclusions. I found a couple dozen studies in a short time that says AI's are a better choice than tamoxifen because tamoxifen may increase risk of blood clots and stroke. Bare in mind most of the subjects described in most of these studies are post menopausal women suffering from breast and or other cancer. Are you using tren or other anabolics? If you have any indication whatsoever that you may have heart issues, go get checked out by a cardiologist. Some preworkouts may cause the problems you stated.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

Working...