Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5plates
    Vet
    • Aug 2007

local anesthesia. I was awake, never felt a thing, the most painful part was the first injection!

Comment

• BigSickD
      Vet
      • May 2004

What up doggie..
      BigSickD does not actually exist. He is the alter ego of a punkass 17yo kid that doesn't even workout.

Comment

• blondecrazygaij

Can you distinguish more sharply between "smart lipo" and general?

Comment

• GBoGH

Originally posted by Ms.Wetback
          Yeah, no kidding. I think I am going to change my avi now because I feel like a fat ass.

And welcome to A-E

Do not change your avi

Comment

• GBoGH

Oh yes and what up 5plates!

Comment

• OLYMPIAN

Sup Homie ,them veiny quads look sick ,bro.

Comment

• KajedAnimal

Sounds interesting, welcome to the site. Great to have you here.

Comment

• LadyZ
                  AE Female Member
                  • Sep 2007

Welcome to the site...

Comment

• goes4ever
                    • Sep 2004

welcome bro

Comment

• 5plates
                      Vet
                      • Aug 2007

Whatup, like a high school reiunion up in here!!!!!!
                      I ripped this off another website expaining smart lipo.

Smartlipo™ Laser Body Sculpting Laserlipolysis
                      As more women and men want to look and feel better about them selves, body contouring and lipo-sculpture continue to grow in popularity, making liposuction the most popular cosmetic surgery performed today.

SmartLipo™ is the first and only laser-assisted lipolysis system to offer a revolutionary and minimally invasive procedure for the removal of fat. Using a high-powered laser, Smartlipo™ is a new Laser Body Sculpting procedure with less down time and side effects than traditional liposuction.

How does the Smartlipo™ procedure work?
                      A very small cannula, or tube, approximately 1.0 mm to 2.0 mm in diameter containing a laser fiber is inserted into the skin. The cannula is moved back and forth delivering the laser's energy to the fat cells, causing them to rupture and easily drain away. The laser energy also interacts with the dermis it resulting in collagen shrinkage.

Due to the cannula's small size, Smartlipo™ is a minimally invasive procedure and can be performed under local anesthesia. The laser causes small blood vessels to coagulate immediately on contact, resulting in less bleeding, swelling and bruising, - and a quicker recovery time than conventional liposuction. Because general anesthesia is unnecessary, the procedure is very safe with only minimal side effects.

Who is a good candidate for the SmartLipo™ procedure?
                      If you have areas of fat that will not respond to diet and exercise, then you’re a candidate for SmartLipo™. Ideal candidates are in good health, of normal body weight and have realistic expectations for the results.

What body regions can be treated with Smartlipo™?
                      Smartlipo™ can be a great adjunct to traditional liposuction procedures and it is ideal for treating small areas of the face, neck, arms, knees, back, bra strap, mons pubis, breasts (gynecomastia), and areas of loose and flabby skin (floppy skin).

How many treatments will I need?
                      For most patients, typically only one treatment is required. The session may last from 45 minutes to one hour for each area treated.

Do I have to do anything post-treatment?
                      After the treatment you will have minimal pain or bruising. We recommend 1-2 days rest but most patients are able to return to work immediately “Lunch Hour Lipo”

Does Smartlipo™ treat cellulite?
                      The procedure will improve the body’s shape and may improve cellulite to a certain degree and will tighten sagging skin.

When can I expect to see results?
                      Results can be seen immediately with continued improvement over several months.

Does laser-assisted liposuction produce lasting results?
                      Yes! Adults do not create new fat cells. When a person gains weight, the fat cells expand. The Smartlipo™ procedure permanently removes the fat cells. Should you gain weight, most fat will be deposited in areas where the procedure was not performed.

*Aest. Plast. Surg. 26:335-339, 2002

Advantages of Smartlipo™
                      We have chosen Smartlipo™ after studying the pros and cons of various methods of liposuction. Here are some key points:

Minimal downtime
                      A few of our patients even return to work immediately, almost like a "lunchtime Liposuction". Of course we normally advise a day or two of rest.

Minimal discomfort
                      During the procedure, there is no pain. After the anesthesia has worn off, it only feels like the aches and pains that follow a vigorous workout. This is unlike in traditional liposuction where a patient feels as if a truck was driven over the body. The bruises too are much less with Smartlipo™.

Less traumatic
                      The fiber-optic cannula is inserted through a small puncture in the skin usually along creases that conceal the scar. As the laser melts the fats, it also coagulates the loose ends of small blood vessels. Compression garments are optional as the area will not bleed very much after the laser is removed. The granulation tissue (healing-tissues) does the rest of the work in contracting the treated area as well as the overlying skin.

Almost "normal" skin after 3 months
                      It would be very hard to find the insertion points or tell by looking at the skin that any liposuction has ever been done. Skin contracts with the healing-tissues that replace the melted fats.

Safety
                      Smartlipo™ is safer than traditional liposuction because there is less bleeding and anesthetic drugs used. In fact, in doing the procedure under tumescent technique, we have eliminated a lot of risks normally associated with general anesthesia.

Comment

• 5plates
                        Vet
                        • Aug 2007

A little update. It will be two weeks tomorrow since the lipo. I never missed a work out, just couldn't do stuff like leg presses that push my back and torso into a seat. I could tell a difference immediately after the Lipo but after a few hours some swelling set in. Keep in mind that I ended up having a 4 hour procedure with a combination of smart and conventional lipo. I stopped wearing the compression bandage today and can finally begin to see improvement mostly around the perimeter of the area. Also the soreness is completely gone, it felt like a regular bruise. It could take up to four months for the absorbtion process to complete. I am using 50grams of collegen protein ED and with massage and a great diet I hope to have healed in half the time.

Comment

Working...