Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank
    • May 2019

1980 Mr O - contestants give their take

This is great stuff. Bodybuilding historian John Hansen interviews Roy Duval, Zane, Coe, Callender, Dickerson, Samir, Roger Walker and more about the contest. Nobody had Arnold even close to winning - most say 5th or 6th. One judge from Wales kept telling Arnold to hit the required mandatory pose correctly (side tricep shot instead of side bicep shot) or he would be disqualified. Arnold didn't listen, the judge told him he was disqualified and get off the stage. Arnold stayed put. The judge was fired and sent back to Wales. Very interesting stuff about the whole show, placings, argument with Mentzer, a cortisone shot Arnold took 1 month out due to RC issues that killed his shape, ABC video footage not broadcasted due to a booing crowd & controversy, and more - good stuff!

Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.
  • Deacon
    Vet
    • Jan 2005

I remember it and how controversial it was - Mentzer scores a perfect 300 but loses to Arnold - it never made sense
    Originally Posted by Doink the clown;
    "Every gym has the tard who never gets bigger,never shuts up,and never goes away!"

"If you say you are not afraid to die either your lying or your a Ghurka,"

"Amatures built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic."

Comment

• A.B
      VET
      • Jun 2004

Yeah complete BS. Good interview though. I’m halfway through it and it’s good to his take on it and the behind the scenes drama

Comment

• HDH
        • Jun 2015

Been back at work and haven't had much time these last couple weeks but I would like to see the interview. I may get a chance in the next day or two. Personally, I think Arnold knew he was going to do it prior to the contest.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
          • May 2019

Originally posted by Deacon
          I remember it and how controversial it was - Mentzer scores a perfect 300 but loses to Arnold - it never made sense
          Yeah but he scored that 300 in a previous contest - believe the Universe, not at the 80 O. Not justifying Arnie, just sayin'.
          Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Roughrydr
            • Oct 2017

Is that the one where Mentzer was about to beat Arnold up?
            OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• HDH
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Roughrydr
              Is that the one where Mentzer was about to beat Arnold up?
              I've fallen asleep twice trying to watch it Being back at work is kicking my ass.

I did see enough that Mentzer was ready to scrap and started to or drew his hand back. It looked like Arnie was sitting down at the time.

I'm gonna give it a third shot here shortly

Comment

• Roughrydr
                • Oct 2017

https://youtu.be/OvdQRJdiWNk.

Ran across this doing laundry.
                OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• HDH
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by HDH
                  Been back at work and haven't had much time these last couple weeks but I would like to see the interview. I may get a chance in the next day or two. Personally, I think Arnold knew he was going to do it prior to the contest.
                  When I read Arnold's book, he made it sound like he did it on a whim and the others were mad because he won. He didn't mention he was not in usual comp shape.

I never did finish watching it

Comment

• ozzy69
                    Assistant Admin
                    • Jun 2011

Guys we know this shit is fixed....you guys act all surprised.....it’s fixed at the lowest level why wouldn’t it be fixed at the top level.

Comment

• HDH
                      • Jun 2015

No one is surprised, just interested.

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
                        • May 2019

Originally posted by HDH
                        No one is surprised, just interested.

Comment

Working...