Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDH
    • Jun 2015

Goals

The title pretty much says it all. Just a shoot the shit thread on goals for lifting theses days. I call myself 50ish but I don't train my age. If I'm not killing myself, lm just not happy.

I've been working on size here lately. I've been running cut and bulks every four weeks. It keeps me in the same set of clothes (size), lol.

So far I've been liking it, it's much easier than long diets.

What have you fellas been up to?
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Trying maintain muscle and stay lean. At 64 I do ok!
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• meo
      VET
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by liftsiron
      Trying maintain muscle and stay lean. At 64 I do ok!
      my goal too Lifts- at 66, 5ft.7 170 lbs, I was never a mass monster but now I just want some muscle, stay limber and keep the heart and lungs healthy

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank
        • May 2019

My goal is to continually get better, while maintaining good health. That means getting it done via killing it in the gym and top nutrition, not by doing a lot of PEDS. In recent years, for the most part I've been doing very low dose stuff, a lil over TRT doses, and yet still getting better. Bulking days are done - my gauge is to never let the abs get out of focus, and yet keep building muscle, slowly but surely.
        Dawgpound Hank is a fictional character,. All posts by my character are merely for entertainment purposes and not meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

• reps
          Vet
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
          My goal is to continually get better, while maintaining good health. That means getting it done via killing it in the gym and top nutrition, not by doing a lot of PEDS. In recent years, for the most part I've been doing very low dose stuff, a lil over TRT doses, and yet still getting better. Bulking days are done - my gauge is to never let the abs get out of focus, and yet keep building muscle, slowly but surely.
          This is definitely my philosophy too

Comment

• wallyd
            VET
            • Aug 2015

Also 50ish & def don’t look like most my age or train like them either. I don’t run crazy stacks, harsh compounds anymore. Just try to be healthy & look way younger. I’ve always had a strong work ethic. Most jobs have been very physical from the beginning which was hauling hay from morning into the night with headlights on it was so dark.

Comment

• A.B
              VET
              • Jun 2004

Right now I wanna stay around 220-230 and have good mobility and cardio. Young daughtee at home is keeping me busy. Of course I like to look good but my main goal now is to feel good. Above 230 and I just feel to heavy and no energy

My day’s of being a guinea pig are over. No more peps and trying new compounds.

Test. Eq and tbol from here on out.

Later this year I’ll be doing 200mg test a week for life. My levels are low. Total test is somewhat normal and my free test is below normal.

Comment

• Roc
                VET
                • Apr 2020

Still killing it, getting ready for a high tren run, and running a gram of test with a gram of npp. Feel great, diet is all red meat right now with a tuna meal after I train, carbs are at 5-600 daily. Started hitting a thc cart at night now and I sleep like a baby, never knew it worked so well.

Comment

• Roughrydr
                  • Oct 2017

Mid 60's. 5"8ish. 242 lbs this am. Up from 165 years ago. Down from 276 when I competed in power lifting. Now I'm just trying to maintain strength, maintain size. Not get fat. And hopefully outlive my wife who has early onset alzheimers.
                  OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• AlphaMale
                    VET
                    • Mar 2018

Early 50’s, 6’0”, low bf%, 215lbs

I’ve been in physical therapy for a lower back injury for most of the past year and have not been in the gym for the past eight months.
                    So, my goal is simple.
                    Get back to where I was before my injury and not aggravate it during the process.
                    It’s been very slow baby steps but I’m starting to focus more on strength and flexibility at this point.
                    Longevity is most important to me.
                    I stick with TRT and low dose GH and do maybe two cycles per year now.
                    I have to be careful about my GH intake with this back injury I’ve noticed GH inflames my vertebral discs and puts pressure on my spinal column causing me peripheral neuropathy.
                    Veteran

Comment

• lazeare1
                      VET
                      • Sep 2019

After decades of mma, followed by years of powerlifting, plenty of torn rotator cuffs, broken bones, a torn pec, and a nasty collision accident, i'd just like to be a happier, bigger, very strong mfer.

At 6'3" and 215 lbs, I'm still not quite at the weight level or size I'd like, but my wife thinks I'm getting a nice powergut so I got that going no.

Comment

Working...