Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-09-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
Weight Training With Cancer

you guys know I'm old. Been weight training seriously since '84. Now I'm nearer the end of my life than even the middle. I'm dealing with stage 3b kidney disease and since December 17th bladder cancer.
I've been completely off since April or May. I don't know why. It was just my decision.
As a result of everything I have been experiencing eeight loss as well as a decline in strength. I feel like the decline in both is proportionate to each other. One of my main problems is stamina. I have no energy when I get home from work. Luckily I have a training partner that literally grabs me by the hand with her teeth and drags me out the back door to my weight pile. (My hound dog)
I've had to adjust the way I train and shift the purpose of my training. I'm now training in more of a maintenance mode. Just trying to maintain as much size and strength as possible. So I have tailored my training to my goal.
What i have found is that by going moderately heavy and blasting through the session I can get a great work out in in 20 minutes or so. A little longer on squats just because of the whole wanting to breathe thing. Its almost like Dorian's three set system. Except I don't put limits. If I'm having a good day I do more, a bad day less.
I'm having success so far. I'm not sure how long that will last but I'm hopeful to be able to maintain a great physique through all this.
So right now, less work, higher intensity is working. Wish me luck. Lol. KISS, is the key right now.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Roughrydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:17 PM   #2
HDH

HDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the roughHDH is a jewel in the rough
Damn man, I didn't know anything about it. Have you considered at least a minimal test dose to stay in the upper range? I'm no doc but I've got to believe it will do you some good. Mentally as well as physically.
HDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
Dawgpound_Hank

Dawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the roughDawgpound_Hank is a jewel in the rough
Rough I knew you had some kidney issues but not bladder cancer damn. So is it benign? Can they take it out? Man give us homies some info bro.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:52 AM   #4
reps
Vet

reps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nice
Sorry to hear. Keep up the faith. Train quick and hard and rest. I'll pray for you brother
reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:11 AM   #5
Roughrydr

Roughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to allRoughrydr is a name known to all
It has definitely slowed my roll. I’vestopped messing around with other women. I've been attending Church every Sunday, even playing lead guitar in the band. I've been more attentive to my wife as her mental capabilities decline. It's funny how when the covid virus hit i was wondering how I would know if I felt bad because I always felt bad. But I've been at work every day, not missed one day except days I had radiation treatments. I think the tumor is isolated to the bladder so far.
There was talk about injecting tuberculosis into the tumor to wipe it out. But my company changed hands and I'm without insurance until September (3 months). Of course COBRA was 700 a month and I couldn't afford that. So all treatments and Dr visits came to an abrupt halt. I'm actually feeling better since stopping radiation. But I'm still exhausted all the time. Probably kidney related plus work. But I'm doing okay all things considered. It is hard working all day, coming home to a quick work out then taking care of all the household chores, cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, etc. There's never any rest. Working out is my rest. And jamming on my guitars. Even riding the harley drains me in this Florida heat lately.
Sorry for being a puss and venting. I can't carry a continued conversation with my wife. She doesn't remember from one day to the next. Our oldest Son came over on the 4th and I grill brats. He asked about my cancer and my wife starts crying and asked when I was going to tell her. I reminded her that she was with me when it was diagnosed and even had some pictures of my cock with a tube sticking down it. She doesn't know what day it is, how old she is, can't take her medicine right unless I'm there. It socks.
Getting old sucks big time.
Rant over. Sorry for being a little bitch.

Muscle Forged In Pain

Last edited by Roughrydr; 07-10-2020 at 10:19 AM..
Old 07-10-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
Roughrydr

Yep

It has definitely slowed my roll. I’vestopped messing around with other women. I've been attending Church every Sunday, even playing lead guitar in the band. I've been more attentive to my wife as her mental capabilities decline. It's funny how when the comic virus hit i was wondering how I would know if I felt bad because I always felt bad. But I've been at work every day, not missed one day except days I had radiation treatments. I think the tumor is isolated to the bladder so far.
There was talk about injecting tuberculosis into the tumor to wipe it out. But my company changed hands and I'm without insurance until September (3 months). Of course COBRA was 700 a month and I couldn't afford that. So all treatments and Dr visits came to an abrupt halt. I'm actually feeling better since stopping aviation. But I'm still exhausted all the time. Probably kidney related plus work. But I'm doing okay all things considered. It is hard working all day, coming home to a quick work out then taking care of all the household chores, cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, etc. There's never any rest. Working out is my rest. And jamming on my guitars. Even riding the harley drains me in this Florida heat lately.
Sorry for being a puss and venting. I can't carry a continued conversation with my wife. She doesn't remember from one day to the next. Our oldest Son came over on the 4th and I grill brats. He asked about my cancer and my wife starts crying and asked when I was going to tell her. I reminded her that she was with me when it was diagnosed and even had some pictures of my clock with a tube sticking down it. She doesn't know what day it is, how old she is, can't take her medicine right unless I'm there. It socks.
Getting old sucks big time.
Rant over. Sorry for being a little bitch.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 07-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #7
reps
Vet

reps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nicereps is just really nice
So sorry brother
reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #8
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Damn Rough.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:31 AM   #9
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear about the cancer bro. Recovery rates from bladder cancer is pretty high. I think it's smart to moderate training and lifestyle at least until you beat this crap.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #10
Roughrydr

Yeah, that's what the doctor says. Urological oncologist. You know that dudes making some money. And there's one white nurse that is cute. She makes the discomfort of having things stuck in my cock a little more pleasant. Lol.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 07-12-2020, 07:19 AM   #11
A.B
VET

A.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to beholdA.B is a splendid one to behold
Jesus brother sorry to hear. God bless you and your wife and hopefully things can turn in your favour. Dementia is taxing on all family. Hang in there
A.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #12
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
I’m not a doc but I say easy does it but do it is in order.

Sorry bro hang in there
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:10 AM   #13
Roughrydr

I can't sleep. I've been awake for two days now. I took the day off from work because I didn't trust myself driving to work. Its crazy. Not whining. Its just strange because I've fallen asleep during budget meetings with my big bosses. I can sleep anywhere, anytime usually. Lol.
I'm going to enjoy the day chillaxing.

Muscle Forged In Pain
Old 07-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #14
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
This is disturbing news on many fronts. In many ways I have looked upon your patience and wisdom as a big brother for many years. Radiation is very taxing, my Father had it. Just remember, sometimes the chill of the setting sun is more rewarding than the chill of an ice cold beer. For years we chase our being; to become or belong, but most importantly is to be, simply be! You remain in my prayers!
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #15
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
That is a tough one, but I am pleased it is making take another look at life and what it all means. Fortunately bladder cancer is not a dead sentence but I am sure it is scary just the same. You are hitting the maintenance mode long after most of us do. Be grateful. I have dropped 15lbs to 180 at 5'8" since my move to off grid. I dont expect to see 200 ever again. But I am OK with that
My life is full. A good church, good friends and a good woman. I know you have a good woman despite her challenges she is having now. I am proud to see my brother step up as you have. Be well.