Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Female Discussion > Female Training Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Kubie07

How much cardio?

I keep hearing so many different things on how much cardio to do. I do want to build muscle, but I don't want to gain any body fat either. I want a figure competetor body. I lift 5 days a week and do cardio 6-7. I've heard to do it 3x a week, everyday, only do a half hour, do atleast an hour.. I am so lost!!
Weight: 130
Height: 5.4"
Can anyone help!?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
To much cardio will inhibit muscle growth. Interesting many world class marathon runners are clinically obese because of total lack of muscle they approach or exceed 30% bf% even though they appear to be skin and bones.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Ms.Wetback

If you truly want to build muscle you will always add some bf along with it. If you know how to do it otherwise it would be an bodybuilding first. Just remember if you are serious about doing shows, you do about a 20 trim down previous to the show where you will shed most of your bf in preperation.

Keep the diet super clean and cut back on the cardio, you can build some muscle and then keep the bodyfat addition to a minimum. remeber also, to ADD muscle means an increase in calorie intake.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
Kubie07

Thanks... sooooo, hmmm, would a 1/2 hour a day be too much??
Old 03-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
Ms.Wetback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubie07
Thanks... sooooo, hmmm, would a 1/2 hour a day be too much??
I like the 3X a week at 45 minutes personally. Do you feel the "need" to do it everyday ???
Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Kubie07

I enjoy doing it everyday
Old 03-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #7
Ms.Wetback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubie07
I enjoy doing it everyday
Don't we all ....................

When do you weight train, AM or PM ?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #8
Kubie07

I weight train now around 1pm. Once this semester of college is out, I'll be going around 330pm after work.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #9
cjas

cjas is on a distinguished road
I'd suggest cardio 1st thing in the morning. That will give your body enough time to recover before lifting. Plus it boost's your metabolism in the morning. A very good thing.
cjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
Ms.Wetback

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjas
I'd suggest cardio 1st thing in the morning. That will give your body enough time to recover before lifting. Plus it boost's your metabolism in the morning. A very good thing.
So true, I just wanted to make sure she wasn't lifting also in the AM. It would be a lot and your body would be very fatiqued the rest of the day.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
cjas

cjas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Wetback
So true, I just wanted to make sure she wasn't lifting also in the AM. It would be a lot and your body would be very fatiqued the rest of the day.

Agreed!
cjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #12
Kubie07

Thanks!!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #13
Friscochick

Friscochick is on a distinguished road
Plain and simple its all about the diet, consistency and paying attention to your body. Id suggest getting a just regular diet off of BB.com and following it to a T.. Change up your workouts to fit YOUR goals... IE: If you want a bigger back do more compound back excercises HEAVY, and concentrate on doing that muscle on a special day alone..

What kind of cardio are you doing? Id suggest rolling stairs or walking on incline on treadmill. 45 min 3-4 times a week sounds good to me. I wouldnt run right now. You will just go catabolic and start burning into your muscle that you have. You need to EAT EAT EAT!! Be consistant with your diet. Its the ONLY way to really see where you can take your body. You should concentrate at getting your BF down to at least 19-20% before thinking about training for a comp....
Friscochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #14
Friscochick

Friscochick is on a distinguished road
BUMP !! Kubie this should address your diet question as well...
Friscochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #15
Kubie07

BUMP???