Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironmaidn

Ironmaidn's Training Log - off season

Friday -10/5/2007

Okay, I'm back to it. Decided not to compete this year. Too much going on personally and mentally I am not prepared right now. I also, want to pack on some more solid muscle so I can cut up nice for a April/May 2008 debute.

Kick off: 30 min cardio

Back
    Pull ups 3 x 10 (40lbs assist)
    T-Row 2 x 10 wide grip (45lb plate)
    T-Row 2 x 10 close grip (45lb plate)
    Lat pull down wide grip 80 x 10, 90 x 10, 100 x 6.5
    Lat pull down close grip 70 x 12, 80 x 10, 80 xd 10
    Single lat pull down (each side) 20 x 12 - 2 sets

Bicep
    easy bar curl (30lb bar) 50 x 10 - 2 sets
    incline bench (laying prone facing back) single bicep curl 25 x 10 - 3 sets
    cable curls standing 20 x 10 - 3 sets

Forearm cross over curls - 15 x 10

More cardio: 15 min

Abs
    weighted 25 x 15
    oblique crunches (unweighted)
    plank 1 minutes (2 sets)

Full body stretch
  • Yettamae

Your workout looks good girl! I wish I could add some pull-ups to my routine at the school gym they don't not have an assited pull-up machine. I am happy you have made a decision about competing until you are ready.

Comment

• ironmaidn

Originally posted by Yettamae
      Your workout looks good girl! I wish I could add some pull-ups to my routine at the school gym they don't not have an assited pull-up machine. I am happy you have made a decision about competing until you are ready.
      Thank you. Tough decision, but I know I am not ready. From our talks you know what I have done diet/supplement wise too, so I need to tune it up a bit. I will continue to work on poses and routine though. You can never have that too nailed down.

Comment

• ironmaidn

Saturday, October 6, 2007 (day off)

Cardio: Run 2 miles
        Abs:
        non weight crunches
        side oblique crunches
        lower ab raises

Stretch

Comment

• SarahPT
          AE Female Member
          • Sep 2007

Hey girl! Yeah, tough decision but I'm sure it will be best in the end. That's 6 motnhs for you to make some great improvements.
          Personal trainer, sports nutritionist, figure coach, freelance writer, distance runner, and insane person

http://www.sarahpersonaltraining.com

Comment

• Yettamae

Originally posted by ironmaidn
            Thank you. Tough decision, but I know I am not ready. From our talks you know what I have done diet/supplement wise too, so I need to tune it up a bit. I will continue to work on poses and routine though. You can never have that too nailed down.
            It was tough, but smart one girl. You have time to fine tune things and go in the best you can be. It's sometimes better to take a good period of time to fine tune lagging parts and gain more muscle. You will look better conditioned when it's show time opposed to someone who has been doing alot a shows. Your body can take so much you know. Have you decided on what federation yet? Routine...I am assuming nabba, right?

Comment

• ironmaidn

NABBA I think? I feel safer there, but if my legs are too muscular, I may have to consider NPC. I think you and a few others told me NABBA just looks for swimsuit models and I could be too muscular unless I really lean down and drop 20-25lbs. I think with NPC I will get my butt kicked big time! Perhaps Sarah can help me find a federation/show to suit me best. I get very nervous and very stage shy. I need low key to begin.

Comment

• Yettamae

NABBA I think? I feel safer there, but if my legs are too muscular, I may have to consider NPC. I think you and a few others told me NABBA just looks for swimsuit models and I could be too muscular unless I really lean down and drop 20-25lbs. I think with NPC I will get my butt kicked big time! Perhaps Sarah can help me find a federation/show to suit me best. I get very nervous and very stage shy. I need low key to begin.
                Girl if my ass is doing NPC, then you can do it! You know how afraid I am going into competing with unnaturals, knowing I don't have a chance in hell to place? You can always do a smaller NPC show to get your feet wet or a smaller federation to get stage experience. That's what I did. Girl, do you realize how terrified I was being on stage for the first time in a two piece after losing 52 pounds for it and had to play to the crowd and judges that I was confient and knew what I was doing? If you pick NPC don't do a big show your first time. I was told to stay away from the large shows when I first started. I was told they are overcrowded with limited space to get changed, their is limited equipment to pump up, that goes for most bring your own, and they competitors are definately not nice. Noone is friendly and it's very intense competitive vibe. The show that I am talking about is the hugest in PA, Pittsburgh Figure, which at the time I was thinking about doing. If you are not ready to deal with that crap, so a smaller NPC show or a smaller federation to get your feet wet. Don't waste your time with Nabba, they want there figure competitons too not have alot of muscle and if your legs are too muscular they may tell you to crossover into physique, which you don't what to do,so stay clear away and don't waste your time with them. You can also try federations like OCB, USBF, WNBF, IFPT, and NGA. I agress talk to Sarah. If you want to go far in the sport and/or want exposure NPC is the way to go, which leads to IFBB if you want to go that far. The IFBB figure competitors are more heavily muscled and way leaner, then NPC.

Comment

• ironmaidn

Girl if my ass is doing NPC, then you can do it! You know how afraid I am going into competing with unnaturals, knowing I don't have a chance in hell to place? You can always do a smaller NPC show to get your feet wet or a smaller federation to get stage experience. That's what I did. Girl, do you realize how terrified I was being on stage for the first time in a two piece after losing 52 pounds for it and had to play to the crowd and judges that I was confient and knew what I was doing? If you pick NPC don't do a big show your first time. I was told to stay away from the large shows when I first started. I was told they are overcrowded with limited space to get changed, their is limited equipment to pump up, that goes for most bring your own, and they competitors are definately not nice. Noone is friendly and it's very intense competitive vibe. The show that I am talking about is the hugest in PA, Pittsburgh Figure, which at the time I was thinking about doing. If you are not ready to deal with that crap, so a smaller NPC show or a smaller federation to get your feet wet. Don't waste your time with Nabba, they want there figure competitons too not have alot of muscle and if your legs are too muscular they may tell you to crossover into physique, which you don't what to do,so stay clear away and don't waste your time with them. You can also try federations like OCB, USBF, WNBF, IFPT, and NGA. I agress talk to Sarah. If you want to go far in the sport and/or want exposure NPC is the way to go, which leads to IFBB if you want to go that far. The IFBB figure competitors are more heavily muscled and way leaner, then NPC.
                  Thanks for the info. So very helpful. I would do a small NABBA like the Philly show they have each year to start. As far as NPC, I think that is out of my league, plus I am 35! Dreams of IFBB are so out of touch for me. And most federations do not allow crossovers either. So I would have to pick figure or physique. I am more comfortable in my own skin as a figure. I look like a little man when I am heavier. I freaked with the damn scale 2 days ago! I would love to go as far as I can go with this. I do love the training and the challenge of push'n myself. I KNOW U can relate! Too bad you are not closer to me. We could train together. Tomorrow is leg day...YIPPEEE!

Comment

• Yettamae

Thanks for the info. So very helpful. I would do a small NABBA like the Philly show they have each year to start. As far as NPC, I think that is out of my league, plus I am 35! Dreams of IFBB are so out of touch for me. And most federations do not allow crossovers either. So I would have to pick figure or physique. I am more comfortable in my own skin as a figure. I look like a little man when I am heavier. I freaked with the damn scale 2 days ago! I would love to go as far as I can go with this. I do love the training and the challenge of push'n myself. I KNOW U can relate! Too bad you are not closer to me. We could train together. Tomorrow is leg day...YIPPEEE!
                    I wish we were closer, too! I think it would be awesome to traing, girl. R u planning on going to the Arnold? I am maybe we can meet up! I refuse to get on the scale at this point. It depresses me too much. Girl, don't let age stop you. They have figure for 35+ with NPC and even 45+. Alot of the seasoned competitors are older, too. So never say never! Some girls win on the first shot take overall and get there pro card, so you never know. Wishful thinking, but it can happen! Alot of times in those situtations could be who you blow, who you know kind of thing, too lol Certain federations do allow crossovers, you just have to do your research. You may just have one of those crossover physiques like me. I was told I could do either or, but I rather stick with figure right now. I am don't think I will go far myself in the sport because I refuse to use. Even on the National Level most of the competitors use and in the pros practically everyone does. So who knows. If I do ever make it, which I doubt I will continue to stay drug free. There is actually one figure competitor on the national level that competes as a natural drug and silicon free. She doesn't place, but she doesn't care. In the pros I don't know many or if any that are drug free, but it appears that Sonia Adcock is. She is very tiny compared to everyone else and she managed to place 3rd in the Olympia, so you never know. Maybe there is hope for me! I love training and pushing myself too. I wanted to do this for so long, now I have made this a reality, so who knows what may happen in the future. I would like to do bb show, but I am afraid too. I don't think my physique would look good with too much mass. I would look like a short and stocky powerlifter. I do I will compete in lightweights (drug tested show) because the lightweights in the non-tested are like 120 to 130's. Thanx but no thanx.

Comment

• Yettamae

You say you are too old right? Check this out. This woman is 35, a mother of 2 and works fulltime. She won overall at the Jana Tana figure show, which is a huge show and now she is competing for her pro card, so anything is possible. She competes in NPC Masters National Figure level now, still trying ti get her pro card. So never say never! If you want it enough anything is possible and don't let anyone tell you different, OK?

Be inspired:

Comment

• LadyZ
                        AE Female Member
                        • Sep 2007

You say you are too old right? Check this out. This woman is 35, a mother of 2 and works fulltime. She won overall at the Jana Tana figure show, which is a huge show and now she is competing for her pro card, so anything is possible. She competes in NPC Masters National Figure level now, still trying ti get her pro card. So never say never! If you want it enough anything is possible and don't let anyone tell you different, OK?

Be inspired:

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/bio/7591/
                        If Iron is old than i'm right next to her... I'm 34yrs old... i saw the video on Nancy Fuentes and she awesome... I was debating to compete in figure... but after her three video... EFF the S_____!! lady... Iron, you better take a look the videos... she rocks... and i think it help you make a decision. Thanks Yettamae for the pursuations...

Comment

• ironmaidn

Originally posted by LadyZ
                          If Iron is old than i'm right next to her... I'm 34yrs old... i saw the video on Nancy Fuentes and she awesome... I was debating to compete in figure... but after her three video... EFF the S_____!! lady... Iron, you better take a look the videos... she rocks... and i think it help you make a decision. Thanks Yettamae for the pursuations...

I too afraid to look when I am pre-menstral! I will look in a few days. Had a great workout today though...

Comment

• ironmaidn

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Warm up 5 min

LEG Day - first day back to legs. Took 2 weeks off from training legs. A bit weak, but none the less I had to start back up.

Squat (full deep)
                            115 x 10
                            115 x 12
                            125 x 10

Leg press
                            350 x 12
                            440 x 8
                            440 x 10 (was stronger 2nd set)

Front Squat
                            85 x 12
                            105 x 10
                            105 x 8

Calves (on leg press)
                            Front 3 sets 310 x 10
                            Inners 3 sets 310 x 10
                            Outers 3 sets 310 x10

Single leg extension
                            30 x 10 (3 sets non stop)

Single leg, leg curl
                            40 x 10 (3 sets non stop)

Adduction machine
                            90 x 12
                            110 x 10
                            110 x 8

Abduction machine (a bit weaker here)
                            70 x 10 ( 3 sets each side)

Ab's
                            Cable pulldowns 80lbs to failure (2 sets)
                            Oblique rotation machine 50 x 12, 60 x 12 ( just 2 sets)

Cardio - 25 minutes

Full body stretch

Comment

• GenePool

wow.nice leg day

Comment

Working...