Funny Thing Happened In Church Today

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bufbiker

Funny Thing Happened In Church Today

I went!!! Just kidding. I go regularly and I'm one of the preaching/teaching Pastors of the Church I attend, licensed in 1996 and ordained as the Senior Pastor (2001) of a church I pastored at for 10 years 2001-2011. I stepped down really due to my guilt over my steroid use.
    Anyway, this big black dude who is new to our church, 35-45 years old probably, came up to me this morning and asked me if I used to wrestle for the WWE. I burst out laughing and told him no, but I used to pastor a Baptist Church, it's almost the same thing.
    Between my lovely facial hair and my thickness that he really thought I used to be a wrestler.
    I was afraid to ask which one. He might have said Lenny Poffo or Alan Snow.
  • bufbiker

By the way Peyton just kicked some Brady butt!!!!!! Go Bronco's!
    I love Peyton Manning in a non-homo, manly kind of guy crush way!

Comment

• basskiller
      Administrator
      • Aug 2003

steroid use/abuse is man's law. Man in most cases has an agenda.
      Owner of
      Worldclassbodybuilding.com - my forum
      basskilleronline.com

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by basskiller
        steroid use/abuse is man's law. Man in most cases has an agenda.
        Steroids do seem to creep into the moral discussion an awful lot. I think we all struggle with morality in this at least a little along the road of use and abuse. That's probably part of the reason I try not to abuse to much. But i think that's mostly because i am concerned about my health and would like to live into my at least late 70s or more. i guess I was taught in Catholic school to treat my body as a temple and to keep it holy. Since I have a problem dealing with the meaning holy I am going to reinterpret that as do my body no intentional harm, care for it and make it healthy. So i guess right now i am putting some things in it that can make it stronger, bigger and better in some ways lilke better utilize food, burn fat, renew tissue and work withmore drive. On the other hand if I get to out of control I know my BP and heart rate get high and my blood gets thick. So basically I am dancing with the devil but I won't let her take me home.

Comment

• willi
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Hi Buf. Good story. Made me smile. My people dont wonder if I used to be WWE. They wonder if I am now on the side.
          Glyco, think Last Judgement of Michelangelo. Did us go see his David? The physiques we create or co-create with God are the ideals of people for thousands of years, for as long as there have been people.
          Using help is not bad. Using it wrecklessly is not good. In medio stat Virtus

Comment

• Thunder
            Vet
            • Nov 2011

THere legal all over the world & were here once until bush got involved. A onetime owner of the texas rangers must of had a conflict issue. Even thou he did drugs himself.

Comment

• Glycomann

Originally posted by willi
              Hi Buf. Good story. Made me smile. My people dont wonder if I used to be WWE. They wonder if I am now on the side.
              Glyco, think Last Judgement of Michelangelo. Did us go see his David? The physiques we create or co-create with God are the ideals of people for thousands of years, for as long as there have been people.
              Using help is not bad. Using it wrecklessly is not good. In medio stat Virtus
              I think we are saying the same thing. Where do you thing the middle is? 200 mg/w test and 200 mf/w primo? 1 gram of test and one gram of tren? When the blood work goes askew? When it gets hard to breath? When the night sweats drench the sheets? The the penor goes spastic?
              Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• bufbiker

For me the guilt issues come more from increased sexual drive. I find myself continually on the prowl so to speak. And for some reason unknown to me women love me and respond to my test induced flirtations. I guess women love hairy, scary guys. But I am so butt ugly I will never understand why.

Comment

• bufbiker

By the way this is not the way I intended tjis thread to go.

Comment

• willi
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Great question

Originally posted by Glycomann
                    I think we are saying the same thing. Where do you thing the middle is? 200 mg/w test and 200 mf/w primo? 1 gram of test and one gram of tren? When the blood work goes askew? When it gets hard to breath? When the night sweats drench the sheets? The the penor goes spastic?
                    That's a great question. There is the objective answer that is often promoted here which is basically: A little help goes a long way such as you propose above. The important thing is to do the whole program which includes a good diet, a sound workout program and decent rest. The subjective is how does the gear impact the particular individual. This means if using then also monitoring...blood work...etc...It also applies to the rest. Diets are different for different metabolisms. Same with rest.
                    I think most of us on here readily recognize the extremes. People taking grams of this or that or thinking I'll just take this and then I don't have to lift hard or I can eat crap or skip meals.
                    The struggle in this life to find the middle is there must be an objective plain that doesn not move because the rest of our life is moving. And much of it is beyond our control.

Comment

• willi
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by bufbiker
                      For me the guilt issues come more from increased sexual drive. I find myself continually on the prowl so to speak. And for some reason unknown to me women love me and respond to my test induced flirtations. I guess women love hairy, scary guys. But I am so butt ugly I will never understand why.
                      Im ugly too. But I remember vividly my 79 year old dad chasing my mom around the house for you know what. And to my knowledge he certainly did not lift like us or do the other stuff.
                      I suspect we are on the prowl till we r dead. I think women do love hairy and scary. But you put Hairy and Scary on a bike and they totally lose it.

Comment

Working...