Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

Almost ready to lift

Started lifting 37 years ago, and although I have been a competitive athlete since 1966, I am presently in the longest period since; where I have not worked out in any respect in 18 months. (Discount a 1,550 mile motorcycle road trip for my partners of two wheels!) well here's the funny, yesterday I weighed 268 lbs at 6', and my size 36" jeans would fall off without a belt. Here's my line; I will push to 270 BW, and then will commence on a 6 month rehabilitation back to the gym. Arnold once said, "One must have a goal," well, the line is drawn. 20 wings!
  • Dawgpound_Hank

So you're mid 50's, haven't worked out in ages, been off gear for ages, gained 35-40 lbs, and your waist hasn't budged. Ok. I'm calling you out on that one amigo - lets see a pic of a current 268lb mrhtbd. I only say that bcoz I remember you posted a pic at 265lbs years ago, and that doesn't jive with what you say now.

Btw not being a dick, just being real bcoz what you say doesn't add up.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mrhtbd
      Started lifting 37 years ago, and although I have been a competitive athlete since 1966, I am presently in the longest period since; where I have not worked out in any respect in 18 months. (Discount a 1,550 mile motorcycle road trip for my partners of two wheels!) well here's the funny, yesterday I weighed 268 lbs at 6', and my size 36" jeans would fall off without a belt. Here's my line; I will push to 270 BW, and then will commence on a 6 month rehabilitation back to the gym. Arnold once said, "One must have a goal," well, the line is drawn. 20 wings!
      I have to agree.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• mrhtbd
        • Apr 2015

ok

Comment

• Darkness
          • Apr 2011

In for chunky piks

Comment

• mrhtbd
            • Apr 2015

Never mind, I've taken pictures and was appalled. I lost it and look disgusting.

Comment

• MindlessWork
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
              So you're mid 50's, haven't worked out in ages, been off gear for ages, gained 35-40 lbs, and your waist hasn't budged. Ok. I'm calling you out on that one amigo - lets see a pic of a current 268lb mrhtbd. I only say that bcoz I remember you posted a pic at 265lbs years ago, and that doesn't jive with what you say now.

Btw not being a dick, just being real bcoz what you say doesn't add up.
              In on callout
              “You take the blue pill — the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill — you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” - Morpheus (from the Matrix)

Comment

• ozzy69
                Assistant Admin
                • Jun 2011

Leave him alone

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by ozzy69
                  Leave him alone
                  It's not personal haha. I would call out anyone under the exact same circumstances.

Comment

• mrhtbd
                    • Apr 2015

I have to give you guys credit as many have stuck by me before. This, taken yesterday, is my starting point. Six months can bring back some loss and make admirable changes if I play it right. Weight: 264, Height: 6' 0". Your humble dinosaur...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• liftsiron
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by mrhtbd
                      I have to give you guys credit as many have stuck by me before. This, taken yesterday, is my starting point. Six months can bring back some loss and make admirable changes if I play it right. Weight: 264, Height: 6' 0". Your humble dinosaur...
                      I give you a lot of credit for posting pics, 99% of guys on these forums never do. IMO you don't look bad at all after taking considerable time off.
                      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A1food4u

Muscle memory baby, it'll come back just ease into it

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

I see we are both right. You wear your jeans low, which is why they still fit. However, that is NOT the waist. Hell there's a bunch of fat belly guys where I work that probably wear 36" - 38" waist sized jeans, but their 46" belly hangs out on top. Jean size is not a true indicator of ones real waist measurement (unless one really pulls them up high lookin' like an old Goober haha ).

Props for having the balls to post pics so out of shape. As LI mentioned, not many here post pics at all. The good thing is, just like you did in the past, you KNOW you can make the change via hard work & diet. Get er' done!

Comment

• mrhtbd
                            • Apr 2015

Yes, I have done this before. On a positive note, years ago when I weighed 265, my waist was a 42 (I wore my pants low then as well). This time my waist is 36 and even though I'm not carrying the excess weight the same, I have a lot more mass in my arms and legs so that's a positive thing. Either way, my first realistic goal is to lose 1 pound per week from now untill the third week of March. That's 16 pounds, so I plan on weighing 240 by the spring equinox; March 23rd. Already switched to fish 4 days ago. The train has left the station...

Comment

• Glycomann

Ease the throttle down bro and then put in some work.

Comment

Working...