Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Bodybuilding and Fitness Discussion > Over 50 and beyond.
User Name
Password

Old 05-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
JDUB
Vet

JDUB will become famous soon enoughJDUB will become famous soon enough
you know your getting old when....

You have a great freaking back workout.....eat a great stir fry.. perfect...life is good

And then go take a poop and hurt your back twisting to wipe your ass.....jesus...I can't have shit...one injury after another, im ok just hate tweaking things so much now and it will not let me lift heavy like in the past, ...yes im old, lol

i'm posting this around cause in one way I thought it was funny, but also wanted some insight from others....

Dub
Old 05-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
Lmfao I feel your pain
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #3
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
Sounds like a bitch.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
I twist my back when getting out of bed or putting my shoes on in the morning
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
The 45s still call my name. They whisper " we are lonely, stack a couple more of our pals on the bar with us". "Wimp, the bar isn't even sagging" " I bet if you really put you mind to it, you could DESTROY your old best bench"

I am drawn to the plate rack. My hands hover over 45s. 45s feel SO good in your hands. Heavy makes you grow right? Then reality slaps me in the face. You are one serious injury away from perpetually watching daytime TV with a remote glued to your hand.

I'm good, 250 makes for a nice work out. Light weights, high reps right old guy?
Old 05-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #6
choke

Aaahhh.... the ole rucksack back attack cramps...
I know you remember it JDUB. When ya got that 120 alice on ya, and you have to twist and turn around to yell at joe to f'ing hurra the fuck up. Calling em legs, and REMF's.

I know those pains too.
I think that I stretch now, as much, if not more than than actual workout.
And it's paying off.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #7
JDUB
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
Aaahhh.... the ole rucksack back attack cramps...
I know you remember it JDUB. When ya got that 120 alice on ya, and you have to twist and turn around to yell at joe to f'ing hurra the fuck up. Calling em legs, and REMF's.

I know those pains too.
I think that I stretch now, as much, if not more than than actual workout.
And it's paying off.
Yep I know exactly....lol..

you know I don't stretch really except before doing chest, I had a partial tear in my right pec once..fucking was black and blue for a 3 weeks...

Thanks brother I may need to look into that..

Last edited by JDUB; 05-24-2017 at 09:10 PM..
JDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
choke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB View Post
Yep I know exactly....lol..

you know I don't stretch really except before doing chest, I had a partial tear in my right pec once..fucking was black and blue for a 3 weeks...

Thanks brother I may need to look into that..
Being 46, and still training, I had to make some drastic changes. I may get shot for treason for saying the following; however...
I've resorted to doing mostly bodyweight workouts, calisthenic type, stretching; with cardio coming from doing BJJ and Muay Thai sparring. And I've never felt physically better, I have to say.

I've attached a link to a specific stretching program that I think that you will find useful. Hell... anyone can hit the link. it goes to one of my Dropbox folders. There is a PDF and a Zip file with an 18 minute stretching session. You'll feel amazing afterwards.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5tptcz6p...ixq7y4MTa?dl=0

*ETA: it may take a few minutes from the time of this posting for the video to have been uploaded. So if it is not there, try again in a little while. It's a large file.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #9
JDUB
Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
Being 46, and still training, I had to make some drastic changes. I may get shot for treason for saying the following; however...
I've resorted to doing mostly bodyweight workouts, calisthenic type, stretching; with cardio coming from doing BJJ and Muay Thai sparring. And I've never felt physically better, I have to say.

I've attached a link to a specific stretching program that I think that you will find useful. Hell... anyone can hit the link. it goes to one of my Dropbox folders. There is a PDF and a Zip file with an 18 minute stretching session. You'll feel amazing afterwards.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r5tptcz6p...ixq7y4MTa?dl=0

*ETA: it may take a few minutes from the time of this posting for the video to have been uploaded. So if it is not there, try again in a little while. It's a large file.
Im 46 as well....thanks for the link, im going to give it a try when I get back from vacation WED...

thanks again.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:04 AM   #10
Birdman
Vet

Birdman is on a distinguished road
Yah, I scored myself a back spasm putting on my socks one morning.

-Birdman
Old 05-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #11
Dawgpound_Hank

Fuck aging - I still kill everything like I did when I was 25!

BUT ........... due to past injuries, no more barbell squats, no more flat barbell benches, and no deads over 405, and I never go under 6 reps - usually in the 8-12 range on compounds and 12-15 on isolations. I still go relatively heavy for my age on other basics like leg press, hacks, barbell rows, t-bar rows, incline press, military press, press behind neck, flat, incline & overhead db presses. Just avoid any exercise that causes pain & kill it is what I do.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #12
water43
Vet

water43 will become famous soon enough
amen brutha ,I try to kill it as well but have my limitations......but every now and then I feel good and spunky so I hit the deads until I feel that familiar pinch in my back or hip but squats hmmm.... well that's really hard on my hips/back but screw it I might attempt some but real slo/light
water43 is offline   Reply With Quote