Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
mrhtbd

mrhtbd has a spectacular aura aboutmrhtbd has a spectacular aura about
Cut the nose again

Last June I was working 12 hour days rehabbing a deck as a subcontractor. I noticed a blemish on my nose that was persistant; had it biopsied. Went away then came back 2 months ago. Now I'm going this Tuesday to get another slice biopsied. Just shaking my head. My whole life I was out there, doing man-work and busting my ass. Now I've moved in and avoid the sun, like a squammy mushroom. What about all those lives I saved over 5 years as a beach lifeguard? Folly? Tell that to them. Anyway, the real problem is having permanent battle scars from non-battle. Is it self respect or lack of respect, because that's how I feel; arms-length away from the next hack job. Better to fight and lose than to succumb to the incessant hand of the inconsequent. Considering I doubt I'd lose, probably better to avoid destruction, for the other guy; lessor of two evils. Damn... how much disfigurement is enough? Stick that in your pipe...
mrhtbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
bufbiker

Skin cancer is a fact of old age for people that spent time in the sun. I'm eaten up with it.
As for the rest, I'm still scratching my head.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #3
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
Weren't you a teacher? What manly work do you speak of beside be a life guard? And never lose s fight? That's doubtful considering you're a drunk.
ozzy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
I know how it feels to have a biopsy. I had a stomach polyp removed last March and I did even call the gastroenterologist to ask what the results of the biopsy were. I guess that she would have called me if something was wrong. Gotgame told me that 99% of these polyps are benign.

mrhtbd, did you know that Hugh Jackman aka Wolverine had had a nose skin cancer lesion removed? If you work outdoors be sure to use a 50+ Spf cream.
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:05 PM   #5
mrhtbd

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy69 View Post
Weren't you a teacher? What manly work do you speak of beside be a life guard? And never lose s fight? That's doubtful considering you're a drunk.
I grew up in an orphanage (4 different homes), for 11 years (1966-1977) and had 47 fist fights by the time I was 17. During the four years of high school we lived in a dairy farm with 32 to 48 head of cattle, with a crew of 7 guys worked 2 hours per day milking the cows, feeding them and shoveling their manure. We did calf pens on Saturday mornings and gathered hay and straw bales in the field during the summer; field to wagons then to the loft. I spent 17 years in the military, 1980-1997, and had 3 career fields; carpentry/masonry, heavy equipment operator, then jet engine mechanic during my last tour. For 11 of those years I was an M-60 Gunner. I have over 25 years experience in the field doing general contracting; including tying steel, concrete bridges and black top. From age 14 to 23 I did roofing with my brother-in-law. For 5 summers I was a beach patrol lifeguard, 1977, 1987, 1992-1995. After leaving the military I went to Graduate School for Health and Phys. Ed. I started Teaching at age 41. I got a second Master Degree in Special Ed. in 2007, but got an emergency certification in 2005 and spent from 2005-2014 teaching Special Education in the inner city. During my years as a Teacher, I remodeled both of our houses over 9 years in my spare time; a 2-story townhouse and a 4-bedroom, 2800 sq ft house on half an acre. This included a total kitchen rehab, tile floors, 3 complete new bathrooms, and 2100 sq ft of hardwood floor rehab with 3 coats of hand-brushed varnish, new drywall, painting and a driveway. I probably have callouses older than you! Now I work in a metal fabrication shop and today was the 4th day I spent grinding welds for the welder to repair and loved it. The "drunk" of what you speak is only a drop of the sweat made and spent over the 51 years since entering the orphanage. Perhaps I haven't handled recent stress' well. In 2009 a white, late 20's construction worker was giving me lip at a gas station for almost 15 minutes. I put up with his tirade because I was a Teacher and had no Police record (still don't). Standing there, with his fist clenched behind his back, and after calling me every name in the book he spit on my car. I said, "Oh, that's going to be hard to clean up!" He was leaning in blocking my right hand. I remember thinking, Teacher or not, there is nothing in this world at this moment I'd rather do than to punch this mother fucker right in the face. Then I shifted my left foot back four inches, because unbeknownst to him, I'm a South Paw. Then he did it, he spit on my shirt but I was ready, I gave him a left jab catching his lower jaw with both forefingers, so hard I heard his right lower teeth hit his left upper teeth and heard his jaw tendon rip, then I lunged in and grabbed his collar with both hands, picked him up and smashed his face onto the hood of my car wiping the spit off with his body. His fist came around but was late and boxed me behind the ear as I slammed him. Then I pulled him off the fender and while twisting my fists, knotting his collar against his chin, I leaned in and said, "So, we each have one in, you wanna end it now or get this party started?" His friend jumped out of the truck (a weight lifter) but didn't come after me. He tried to get his friend out... we sparred for a bit but I didn't let go and didn't hit him again. I already destroyed his jaw, and even as a Teacher, one punch could be justified as self defense. Other people were trying to break it up until one guy said "the attendant was calling the cops." We broke it up and split, then the guy started chasing me in his truck. I pulled over a block away in a very dark section, figured, "fuck it," swung open the door and started getting out. Then they took off, so I went after them. Two blocks up they pulled over at the entrance to my development in a well lit intersection. I just drove by so they pulled out to chase me. I made a left and never saw them again. The gas station attendant knew me as I had been getting our cars repaired their for nine years. Three weeks later I stopped in for gas. The cashier asked me, "Hey, was that you?" I said, "What do you mean?" He said, "You know, was it?" I said, "Yeah, that was me!" He said, "I knew it was you, so-and-so said no way, but I knew it was you." He said the owner said no way it was me, because in nine years, no matter how expensive the repair was I had never even gotten upset. Then he asked, "Do you know what happened?" I said, "no, what?" He said after we left the cop pulled in. He told the cop about their truck and they both had fluorescent green work shirts on, but said he didn't see me well and couldn't ID my car because it was behind the pumps. (He knew it was me but they never said anything, then or later.) The cop went in our direction and saw the truck pull over at the lighted intersection then pull out again so he pulled them over and gave them tickets. I slipped away. Eye opener for sure. Well, thanks for the hit piece, maybe you're right, just a drunk. I've lost a lot and it's hard to take, add to that my leg didn't heal, the cancer seems out of control, and my fingers have been locking for better part of a year. All I want to do is work, to somehow rebuild, but I digress, I'll ponder these things on the "Tree of Woe!"
Old 05-30-2017, 09:38 PM   #6
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

ozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud ofozzy69 has much to be proud of
Yeah I've read that book....
Old 05-31-2017, 03:39 AM   #7
mrhtbd

Oh boy, more swarmy rhetoric from an internet techster; a keyboard cowboy, "Yahoo!" I'm glad you can read. Maybe you can read between the lines??? I've been up since four, already cleaned up brushed and dressed, ready to take the dogs out before riding 25 miles on my motorcycle to work. Like our old saying from the Army, (oh, by the way, you ever serve? Oh, didn't think so!) "We do more before 9 o'clock than most people do all day!" No, don't get up, just relax there on your futon in your basement safe space. By the way, mum says your bagel and cocoa will be ready at 10:30 as usual, Dahling! I'll be working!
Also, the time indicated here is Pacific Islander; 5 hours behind EST.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #8
Darkness

Darkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant futureDarkness has a brilliant future
You're not alone.

It. Just. Feels. Like. That.
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:56 PM   #9
mrhtbd

Appreciated! Truly! You know, Darkness, you must be a grilling Man because some of your comments cut about as close to the bone as one can get! Yeah, they cut my nose deep this time, been bleeding on the inside in my sleep. The mornings lately have been rough. Think I'll take a sabbatical from the boards, just step away a bit. Appointment again for the knife next Tuesday, just want my own space for awhile; give others theirs...
Old 06-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #10
ozzy69
Assistant Admin

Hope it's nothing too serious