• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

Looking back....

So I’m looking back in life tonight.

My life is pretty amazing. Beautiful wife, amazing children wonderful friends who have helped me through good times and bad.

I watched the movie Into the Wild. And look back reflecting on choices made and wonder, with my my life have I made the right decisions.

My fidelity has been tested over the past. Have a been a good father? Do I work too much?

My job, for some reason has become something that fulfills a void that I need. My father once told me to never let my job consume me and I believe it has started to do just that.

I try to balance all of it. And some info you guys know that a while back a lot of shit was thrown at me and I had a hell of go with the wife, but we got through it.

Do after a few beers I sit here pondering the what’s and whys of life.
  • Roughrydr
    • Oct 2017

As a senior citizen on the board I can tell you this, make the most of the time with your family. The time passes quickly, then you no longer are the central guiding force in their lives. Use this time now wisely.
    Also I will say this, with respect to your father. If your job consumes you then you have lost yourself. Be your own man. Be the lone wolf of the pack. Work your ass off while at work, put in an honest days labor for an honest days wage. But when you punch out, fu#& them. That's your time to do with what you need to do.
    Love your wife. If you're lucky you'll only have one that lasts until one of you is in the grave. Regardless of infidelities, let your wife know she is the only woman in the world you can give yourself to completely. And that you'll never leave and you will be there until the end. Treat her with respect and cherish that bond between the two of you. Never let anyone or anything come between you. Also get to know her as a person and love that person. Because one day the kids will grow up and the two of you are stuck there together with nothing left in common. So develop mutual interests. My wife loves the beach and sunshine and fresh air. I love to fall off if and b.ceven sink surf boards, and I love to feel the wind in my face cruising down some bvb backroad on my Harley.
    Then find something you are passionate about. A hobby. An interest. Pursue it and enjoy it because someday you'll retire. You have to have interests besides watching tv.
    I guess I've already said too much. I love you brother even though I don't even know you. And any of these faggots want to start talking jomo shit, they all never understand true brotherhood.
    Enjoy life brother. Dont stress over anything. It will always pass, then something else pops up. You can't live from one point of stress to the next. Just take a deep breath, say fu#$ it, and deal the best you can. My girlfriend thinks I'm fucked up in the head because I really dont get upset. Part of it is the way my brain is cc'd wired, but most of it comes from getting through tons of shit in my life and being left, still standing. At times the only one left.
    Enjoy your journey through this life with the people God has put around you. He put them there for a reason. It's all just for such a short time no matter how deeply it feels, good or bad, right now.
    I have lived the vast majority of my life. I may have another 10 or 15 years at best. It's been bad and good. But I know I've left Mark's on many people's lives. Lol, in some cases literally. And that's all we can ask, is that our life made other peoples lives richer.
    Last edited by Roughrydr; 04-09-2018, 07:17 AM.
    OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

A life without regrets is a life not lived.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by liftsiron
        amen lifts

Comment

• A1food4u

Balance is the hardest thing Brother.... and the balance point is a moving target.... all you can do or be is the best you can in the moment... let the old shit go, your on track now.... just love them all as much as you can...

Comment

• TommyD
            • Apr 2018

Nobody ever said on their deathbed they wish they worked more.

I worked in factories of one sort or another and there was only one place I liked, and did, work a lot of overtime. I was never one for overtime unless there was an expense coming up, like a vacation, just liked my free time more than money. I bought all my houses on 40 hours as well as my cars, bikes and just about every other major purchase.

Comment

• Trafficdodger
              • Mar 2018

You’re doing right to reflect, even if it’s driven by a little scotch ��

IIRC, our kids are about the same age. And you’re right, it goes by way too fast. Work your ass off and play your ass off with them.

That’s the balance I’ve found - I see them for a couple hours a day, if that, but I’ll be damned if I’m not making the most of it. Paying exclusive attention to them, playing with them, doing whatever the hell dumb shit they’re doing. It’s totally worth it and seems to be a good balance right now for where we’re all at in life.

Plus, I get to hear all their little, hilarious commentary and watch them do stupid stuff to each other. My almost 4 yr old won’t stop telling me I forgot to do something, which is his way of trying to get me to do something I never had any intention of doing in the first place.

Comment

• rocco-x
                Vet
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by liftsiron
                Then my life is definitely worth it brother cause do I have some major regrets.
                All life lessons tho...better learned late than never.

Comment

• millenium girl
                  • Apr 2006

Enjoy family life Ozzy. Life is so short and time passes far too quickly.

As you know I have no family left and I will retire soon. I have no idea what I will do next because I have been working six to seven days a week since I joined the force. I have zero social life and no friends in my country. The only friends I have live abroad.
                  Don't forget to join
                  http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
                  http://www.basskilleronline.com

Comment

Working...