Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Fitting in an MRI machine, No Way!

WTH? There has to be different sizes of MRIs right? I am a buck 90 and I BARELY squeezed into the machine this morning. My shoulders touched on both sides. I literally squeezed in as the sled slid into the tube. I am a little wide but not compared to you guys that are over 6 foot and carrying 250lbs of muscle. Hell, I was once around 220 and 10%bf. There would be no way I could have sat in that thing for 40 minutes if I was 30lbs heavier.

Some of you beasts on this board would NEVER fit in this thing. Then think of all the fat fucks out there. I mean, I look around and EVERYONE is fat these days! Odd that they would make a machine that only accommodates half of the population. Maybe they have to have different sizes machines for different size people?

A pic from a few pounds ago. A beast I ain't
Attached Images
File Type: jpg under 200.jpg (103.1 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Dakota; 06-25-2018 at 07:27 PM..
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
chicken_hawk
VET

chicken_hawk has a spectacular aura aboutchicken_hawk has a spectacular aura about
My head might fit, but not my belly lol.

Looking good brother!

Hawk
chicken_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
Dakota
VET

Dakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to allDakota is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_hawk View Post
My head might fit, but not my belly lol.

Looking good brother!

Hawk
You would never fit in the machine I was in today. Way too swole.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:00 AM   #4
Dawgpound_Hank

Apparently they come in different sizes as I was in one @ 260 and no problemo. I mean yeah it was a lil claustrophobic but not like I was gonna get stuck or sumthin' haha.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
chicken_hawk
VET

chicken_hawk has a spectacular aura aboutchicken_hawk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Apparently they come in different sizes as I was in one @ 260 and no problemo. I mean yeah it was a lil claustrophobic but not like I was gonna get stuck or sumthin' haha.
Hopefully I wont need one, but that is good to know. Makes me think of a stone cold podcast and he walked out after 5 mins and had to reschedule another time and pounded a 6 pack to calm down.

Hawk
chicken_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:35 AM   #6
G21
VET

G21 will become famous soon enough
Nope, no way, aint happening - i dont come close to fitting in these machines. I went to Yale because they supposedly have the biggest machines in the area but was still like cramming ten pounds of poo in a five gallon can. If i need an mri i request an open machine, sacrifices a bit of image quality though.
G21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #7
Dakota
VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21 View Post
Nope, no way, aint happening - i dont come close to fitting in these machines. I went to Yale because they supposedly have the biggest machines in the area but was still like cramming ten pounds of poo in a five gallon can. If i need an mri i request an open machine, sacrifices a bit of image quality though.
Hmmm there were some fat fucks in the waiting room. What do they do? scan one roll of fat at a time? Maybe if you are a slob they can push you in like Play-doh!
Old 06-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #8
millenium girl

millenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to allmillenium girl is a name known to all
I have had several MRI's and those machines are really tight. I can't stand being in there, I have anxiety attacks and keep my eyes shut trying to focus on my breathing.
millenium girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:55 AM   #9
Paramuscle

Paramuscle will become famous soon enough
I’ve been in quite a few and I’m 6’2” and 280 and I haven’t had an issue. I usually fall asleep in them.

~PM
Paramuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #10
G21
VET

G21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Hmmm there were some fat fucks in the waiting room. What do they do? scan one roll of fat at a time? Maybe if you are a slob they can push you in like Play-doh!
LMFAO - No idea, often wondered that myself, how the hell do they scan an obese person?
G21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:11 PM   #11
Paramuscle

Paramuscle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by G21 View Post
LMFAO - No idea, often wondered that myself, how the hell do they scan an obese person?
The newest ones are open MRIs and they don’t require them to lay in the tube.

~PM
Paramuscle is offline   Reply With Quote