Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

When were you at your best?

Regarding your physique and strength.

I had my best physique prolly back from '04 to '08, so I was 41-45 y.o. That's no coincidence being I came to the darkside in '03. During these years I had times when I was sliced & diced at 235, and other times I was pretty big around 275-280 (avi). In my 25 years of lifting natty I hovered between 230 to 245 but not with the same density & vascularity as when I got on the sauce (obviously IKR haha).

Strength wise, I was prolly overall strongest during that same time span. BUT, I had to stop barbell benching & squatting a couple years before I started the sauce due to lumbar & rc issues, so no proof via those lifts. My best bench & squat was back in my late 20's to early 30's when I routinely could bang 365 x 6-7 on bench & squat 455 x 8. I'm sure I coulda smashed those #'s if I was on the sauce back then, bcoz once on, all my other lifts soared, and could incline damn near what I used to bench.

Next.....
  • liftsiron
    Administrator
    • Nov 2003

Probably about the same age as you. 40-45.
    ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Glycomann

Probably at 30. I was crushing everything. 33-37 were pretty good too. Then 40-45 (natty) were pretty damn good too. 50-53 were pretty solid, still had all my strength and I could manipulate my physique pretty well. 53-now has been a challenge.

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

I think I look better at 62 soon than I've ever looked. My strength i s beginning to decline so.probably at my strongest about 4 or 5 years ago. I'd have to pull out old training logs.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

Speaking of my body. My face is covered with long grey hair, so not particularly attractive.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• TheMuscleMan
            Vet
            • Feb 2015

I think I looked my best before my first shoulder surgery, so early 30s(32, 32). I was a solid 250lbs, my best bench was 485lbs raw, I was warming up on incline bench with 315lbs. I was squatting 455lbs for sets of 12, I was leg pressing 1600lbs. Now almost 10 years later I'm not back to those lifts but I think I have got the body back pretty much, I am 255lbs so not as solid in the mid section as before but close. Unfortunately I go for shoulder surgery next week so I am out of the gym for the next year.

Thanks
            TMM
            themuscleman@anonymousspeech.com
            tmm@securenym.net

Comment

• Moto Ace
              Vet
              • Dec 2015

I was at my peak at the age of 52 just before my life altering accident. At that time I was 230's, lean and strong as fuck which probably saved my life. All my training now is geared towards motocross with a lot of balance/functional training but still incorporate heavy lifting days throughout the week. Hard to walk away from the addiction to heavy weights

Comment

• A1food4u

I think as far as strength probably 50-52, I think I looked best at 48-50

Now the issue is joints and diet. I just can't stay clean...

Comment

• Dakota
                  VET
                  • Feb 2017

Wow, I expected everyone to be much more similar in their stories. For me it was 36 to 38. My whole life was going well. Making bank, plenty of time for the gym. I even flirted with competing again but never pulled the trigger.
                  The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• A1food4u

Originally posted by Dakota
                    Wow, I expected everyone to be much more similar in their stories. For me it was 36 to 38. My whole life was going well. Making bank, plenty of time for the gym. I even flirted with competing again but never pulled the trigger.
                    I came to the lifestyle late, was always playing sports, then work, family and coaching came along. Once the kids were getting older I jumped back in....

Comment

• Big B
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Roughrydr
                      I think I look better at 62 soon than I've ever looked. My strength i s beginning to decline so.probably at my strongest about 4 or 5 years ago. I'd have to pull out old training logs.
                      For me, now (near 42) I look my best and hope to continue looking better. If I could say I look even better at 62 (when I turn 62), I will feel blessed!!!

Comment

• Joe0690
                        Vet
                        • Mar 2007

My peak for strength was 21-22 years old I could squat 4plates a side for 2-3 ass to grass deadlift 4 plates and a 35 each side 3-4 reps my bench was the weakest att my best was 275 for 3 . I could row and pull down using the intire rack for reps and shoulder press 110 dumbbells . In terms of looks that time was one of my top looks as well but at 29 I was able to get leaner and slightly bigger . Those were my two major peaks now my joints hurt so I don’t lift heavy and I have different goals then before.

Comment

• Bigpapapumpaf
                          VET
                          • Feb 2017

I stayed on top of my game until my pec tear in 98, so from 18 to 30. Then I was back in my early 40's with a big drop off in the late 40's. Now at 50, despite the last few years of shit, I feel great and am well on my way to where I want to be.

BPP

Comment

• chicken_hawk
                            VET
                            • May 2018

I guess if we are speaking of looking somewhat lean n sexy then around 40. Now, at 45 I have a more distended gut, but am at my biggest and strongest so far.

Hawk

Comment

• zeke
                              Vet
                              • May 2005

38, I was shoulder pressing 225, benching 405, squating 550. Weighted about 225lbs. work all day, fuck all night. 10 years later im feeling like warmed over poo! Need to get back to there.

Comment

Working...