Happy Birthday Arnold!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Happy Birthday Arnold!

The King turned 71 yesterday. IMO still best physique ever.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM.
  • Big B
    Banned
    • Jan 2016

Happy Bday, Terminator!

this is an interesting video comparing Arnie to today's best pro bodybuilders...

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Big B
      Happy Bday, Terminator!

this is an interesting video comparing Arnie to today's best pro bodybuilders...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmM95eqe8Rk
      Cool vid. Many like to do comparisons like saying " if Arnold were in his prime today, what would happen". I'd like to turn it around and say what if you put Phil, Jay, Dex, Ronnie, Yates, etc in a time machine back to 1974 - each at a prime age, then see what would happen. No GH, no slin, no ridiculous dosing, no state of the art supplements, no huge endorsements, only 1k prize money for winning the O, many would still have to work a job for a living, etc.

At best, on stage, Ronnie, Yates & Jay might be 220ish, Phil prolly 205, Dex prolly 185. Afterall, the next Mr O that would weigh above 230 would be a whole 10 years later - Haney in '84. Keep in mind we're talking about what was in vogue back then - nobody would be killing themselves to have 30" quads. Symmetry was in. Force feeding & 7-8 meals a day was unheard of. Minimal carbs was the thing - you better be able to suck that gut in or you'd be laughed at. That equals alot of muscle mass gone. Big arms, big chest, V taper and small waists were the niche back then. Jays wide waist & structure would hurt him, as would Yates with no bi's and chest. Phil's narrow shoulders & small chest would kill him back then. Coleman's wide shoulder structure, small waist (pre-GH/slin) ,crazy biceps and chest would fit right in. But what about calves? Calves meant something back then - only thing that kept Robby from winning an O. Not to mention the MAJOR downsizing for all of them from no GH/slin/peps.

End of the day, Arnold would dominate all, like he did everyone else (with the exception of the TRUE gifted one, Sergio). He was way ahead of his time. Crazy to think even 44 years later from his prime package ('74), he still has arguably the best chest development ever, and for certain, the best biceps development. That's akin to Bob Beamons 29' + long jump that stood for eternity. Friggin' amazing!

Just my take.

Comment

• liftsiron
        Administrator
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
        Cool vid. Many like to do comparisons like saying " if Arnold were in his prime today, what would happen". I'd like to turn it around and say what if you put Phil, Jay, Dex, Ronnie, Yates, etc in a time machine back to 1974 - each at a prime age, then see what would happen. No GH, no slin, no ridiculous dosing, no state of the art supplements, no huge endorsements, only 1k prize money for winning the O, many would still have to work a job for a living, etc.

At best, on stage, Ronnie, Yates & Jay might be 220ish, Phil prolly 205, Dex prolly 185. Afterall, the next Mr O that would weigh above 230 would be a whole 10 years later - Haney in '84. Keep in mind we're talking about what was in vogue back then - nobody would be killing themselves to have 30" quads. Symmetry was in. Force feeding & 7-8 meals a day was unheard of. Minimal carbs was the thing - you better be able to suck that gut in or you'd be laughed at. That equals alot of muscle mass gone. Big arms, big chest, V taper and small waists were the niche back then. Jays wide waist & structure would hurt him, as would Yates with no bi's and chest. Phil's narrow shoulders & small chest would kill him back then. Coleman's wide shoulder structure, small waist (pre-GH/slin) ,crazy biceps and chest would fit right in. But what about calves? Calves meant something back then - only thing that kept Robby from winning an O. Not to mention the MAJOR downsizing for all of them from no GH/slin/peps.

End of the day, Arnold would dominate all, like he did everyone else (with the exception of the TRUE gifted one, Sergio). He was way ahead of his time. Crazy to think even 44 years later from his prime package ('74), he still has arguably the best chest development ever, and for certain, the best biceps development. That's akin to Bob Beamons 29' + long jump that stood for eternity. Friggin' amazing!

Just my take.
        Good take!
        ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• Big B
          Banned
          • Jan 2016

Just my take.
          Well put. Couldn't be more clear. Problem is the game changed so much too. How long have they said they're gonna go back to more natural shape, aka v-taper, and nothing has been done. It's still fast forward to the same direction it has been facing for decades. Yes, these guys had many more advantages compared to Arnie's days but also throw in the "more is better" bc it is a size game. More insulin. More growth. More igf. More diuretics. More calories. It goes on. Not these guys fault, and no, not saying that's what you think. Just saying these guys know this is what they have to do to win the SHADOW. Pro bodybuilding has gone so out of whack...

If Arnie was competing to this modern day, you could say the beautiful the development he once had would be out of whack as well. Will it ever be changed? More and more deaths are occurring. It's a shame...

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Big B
            If Arnie was competing to this modern day, you could say the beautiful the development he once had would be out of whack as well.
            Yeah - that's why I like to put current guys back THEN, instead of bringing him to present haha! I mean let's face it, Arnold would do anything to be #1. And if he were here now in his prime age, he wouldn't have the mindset of yesteryear of keeping the classic shape. He'd adhere to Al Davis's "Just win baby" as he always has.

BUT, can you imagine if he just kept it real with the gut, like Gunter, a guy similar in height & width? However, Arnold didn't have those weird shaped legs & hips, and also didn't have stringy arms. Or a Cedric. IF he kept it real, it would be a sight to behold. Imagine him with another 10lb slab of back thickness, and 10 more lbs on each quad & ham, more delt thickness, coming in around 280-285 & shredded?

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Yeah I get like a kid with this stuff - love bb as much as I always have.

Just imagine in the following pics what he would look like with an added 30 lbs of muscle, AND keeping gut in check like some huge guys who did keep it in check, ie Cedric, Gunter, Wolf, Coleman of '98 & '99, Yates of '93 & '94, etc etc....

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

This shit right here is majestic...

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

This pic is brutal - exhibition posing in '74 & weighing 255. When I was 14, my bro in law bought me a T shirt from the '77 O, and had this pic on it from the waist up. I wore that friggin' shirt until it had so many holes in it, my mom threw it out. Damn I was pissed haha!

Comment

• Big B
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2016

Yeah - that's why I like to put current guys back THEN, instead of bringing him to present haha! I mean let's face it, Arnold would do anything to be #1. And if he were here now in his prime age, he wouldn't have the mindset of yesteryear of keeping the classic shape. He'd adhere to Al Davis's "Just win baby" as he always has.

BUT, can you imagine if he just kept it real with the gut, like Gunter, a guy similar in height & width? However, Arnold didn't have those weird shaped legs & hips, and also didn't have stringy arms. Or a Cedric. IF he kept it real, it would be a sight to behold. Imagine him with another 10lb slab of back thickness, and 10 more lbs on each quad & ham, more delt thickness, coming in around 280-285 & shredded?
                      even tho Cedric looked phenomenal last year's Arnold's, he beat out Dallas for the final spot, which surprised me. Dallas was a block then, looking like top competitors in the O. Cedric had "old school" physique and thought judges were gonna choose Dallas instead for that reason. Cedric deserved it and was hoping he would spin around in the bodybuilding industry. Well, he's already looking thicker today, not just more massive but bigger guts. Well, nevermind on changing directions of Pros' physique, he looks to be heading like all the others. Guess only way you can win. Still...

R.I.P. Dallas

Comment

• Big B
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2016

Yeah I get like a kid with this stuff - love bb as much as I always have.

Just imagine in the following pics what he would look like with an added 30 lbs of muscle, AND keeping gut in check like some huge guys who did keep it in check, ie Cedric, Gunter, Wolf, Coleman of '98 & '99, Yates of '93 & '94, etc etc....
                        His guts won't stick out when he turns and do a rear double biceps pose? Just kidding. This one is my fav pic. Thick and tight...

Comment

Working...