Peak-Muscle.com  

Welcome to the Peak-Muscle.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Come join us in on one of the best online fitness communities. We have 16,000 members that are likeminded towards a fitness, bodybuilding lifestyle. Registration is free and only takes but a few minutes. By joining our free community you will have access to communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to create threads to discuss and or create a fitness regimen. Or just bounce ideas off of some very knowledgeable members. So don't miss out. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Peak-Muscle.com > Off Topic > General discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #16
chicken_hawk
VET

chicken_hawk has a spectacular aura aboutchicken_hawk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyonekinobi View Post
Hawk I don't think you should feel bad about bringing up the subject because people do abuse the system. I read through most of the discussion and it was eye opening for me. I would have been the guy looking at Alpha making judgments because of the way he physically looks. I wouldn't have verbalized them but now knowing his story I think I will look at it differently. Good topic.
Thanks man, I would never confront anyone or call bullshit on mental illness. But, as an example my mom is trying to get my 42 year old druggy brother disability saying everything she can as an excuse for his behavior. If he gets it, he will skate on the responsibility of his actions. And you will be paying for it. In his case I know the truth, but that always makes me skeptical of others who are abusing the system.

Hawk
chicken_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #17
DRveejay11

DRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to all
Alpha: Got mad respect for ya man.
DRveejay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:23 AM   #18
DRveejay11

DRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to allDRveejay11 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
I'm not sure how to deal with him other than just accept him as he is. Try not to judge. Listen when he talks. Dont try to offer help, just listen. Try to empathize. Dont know if that helps.

DRveejay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #19
P. Bateman
Vet

P. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
I am an Iraq War vet rated 100%, Total and Permanent for PTSD related mental health issues.
I cannot speak for your vet pal. Do you know what his disability rating % is for PTSD?
A minimum 10% rating from the VA is pretty much automatic for any combat vet these days.
Mind you, 10% is practically nothing in real dollar value.
How did i end up with a 100% disability rating for PTSD?
Three weeks on morgue detail...i was a "toe tagger"....shot in my right lung with massive internal bleeding, hit by shrapnel from an IED which lodged into my vertebrae and punctured my spinal column resulting in a paralyzed arm for three months.
My wife cheated on me and bankrupted me and took my kids while i was deployed. I came home to zero welcomes and both of my vehicles repo'd and my bank account 60k in debt. My credit scored dropped from 725 to 385 while i was overseas.
After 14 years active duty, i ended up homeless and delivered pizzas for 9 yrs while i lived in my car or in a cheap motel if i made enough tips that nite.
Ive been on countless meds and 100's hrs of therapy.
Its been 14 years since I've seen combat and i still get that rush of adrenaline that tells me to take cover and start killing people.
Ive been locked up in Ward 4-B at the VA Medical Center in Nashville, TN because i was deemed a threat to the public and myself.
As recently as last April my boss got in my face and i tried to shove his head in the deep fryer. It took four male employees and two cops to get me off of him.
I have earned three college degrees, am a certified welder and highly decorated veteran. Yet, i returned home to massive debt, divorce, loss of my kids, suicidal thoughts, and inability to focus on anything without creeping thoughts of depression, anxiety and homocidal rage.
Every veteran has their own story. People see me looking like a bodybuilder and they see me parked in the disabled space in front if the gym. I get some quizzical looks...even disdainful.
But, like the psychistrist at the VA told me. "Never feel guilty for anything the VA does for you. You earned it."
Btw, that's a 90 day supply of meds for PTSD treatment....not including pain meds for chronic nerve damage due to my injuries.
Thats a whole other pile of pills.
That's fucking awful. I'm sorry to hear all that.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #20
P. Bateman
Vet

P. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the roughP. Bateman is a jewel in the rough
I work in the medical sector in a military hospital. I have several friends dealing with PTSD. It's often times easy to see the ones abusing the system in hopes of securing a medical pension. I feel the deepest disgust for these people, but have to maintain a professional manner with them. It's honestly one of the most difficult parts of my job. I've never suffered fools well and find it hard to mask my contempt for the leeching bastards.
I've you feel in your gut that they're misleading you, do your best to stay clear of them.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #21
Dawgpound_Hank

Alpha you have all my respect brother.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #22
b52

b52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to beholdb52 is a splendid one to behold
Damn alpha much respect. I do know a couple of pretenders that just use it as an excuse to play the system but at the end of the day what is it to me? Yes they are taking away from people who truly need it but people suck and it will always be like that. It is frustrating but I can't change it so I just do what's important to me and try not to fixate on the stupid stuff people do. If he's that much of a dick to pull something like that maybe he's not someone to hang around.
b52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:07 PM   #23
liftsiron
Administrator

liftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant futureliftsiron has a brilliant future
up
Old 08-09-2018, 12:07 AM   #24
Magnesium
Vet

Magnesium is on a distinguished road
https://invisibledisabilities.org/

Some people may be fakes, but many people are serious and are unable to get a clear idea of why things are the way that they are. I was once given the diagnosis of "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome". Just prior to symptoms I had been racing bicycles and easily qualifying for collegiate nationals. It took nearly 8 years to figure out that the issue was a blood pressure condition, that once treated with several medications every day is manageable. Many doctors didn't want to be anywhere near a cyclist due to all the scandals, many more didn't know what was going on and just wanted to bill for repetitive tests. Since figuring out the main issue with my health, I have gone from laying in bed and barely able to eat a couple of eggs in a day, to functioning near the level of average America. Not physically superior in strength and endurance like once upon a time, but just functioning is a massive improvement.
Magnesium is offline   Reply With Quote