Most you ever benched 225?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Most you ever benched 225?

So we got a pretty big bencher at the gym. Dude is 28 or 29, about 5'9 and 240ish. He's got a 500 raw in comp, and 520 in the gym. He recently did 225 x 60.

Anyways, just got thinking about how impressive that is. Most I ever got it was 32 back in the day when I was in my late 20's. I didn't train for it - just did it one day when a couple partners said let's try it. That was long before I came to the dark side - never tried it after I did. So let's hear it fellas - what's your best reppin' 225?
  • A1food4u

12 im a slacker....

Comment

• P. Bateman
      Vet
      • Mar 2009

15 reps. Accomplished it once then never again.
      “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”

Comment

• Roughrydr
        • Oct 2017

43 in my mid 50's.
        I did 20 last week getting the blood flowing.
        OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Roughrydr
          • Oct 2017

43 in my mid 50's.
          I did 20 last week getting the blood flowing.
          OFFO

Muscle Forged In Pain

Comment

• Big B
            Banned
            • Jan 2016

I think mine was 32 as well. Been ages as I don't do barbell flat bench presses anymore. I usually do 365 on incline for 6-8 reps...

Comment

• jhffun369
              Vet
              • Jun 2015

Damn. 60 is crazyyy. Most ever for me was 27. Be lucky to hit 20 today :/

Comment

• Dakota
                VET
                • Feb 2017

Wow, feeling pretty wimpy here. Mine was 18 I believe and that was when I was setting personal best benches at about 345. Which means..... Grampa Rough can CURRENTLY bench more reps at 225 then I could back then. I could squat a house but my bench was always pathetic.

I remember hitting 300 for the first time and then watching the guy on the bench next to me use 300 to warm up on his way up to well over 400. That will suck the joy out of a personal best!
                The older I get the better I used to be.

Comment

• rocco-x
                  Vet
                  • Feb 2009

Under 20 at around 43yrs old. Was something like 16 reps. I've never been a high rep, high endurance kinda guy tho. My max was 447x1 at 214lbs bw tho in 2011ish

Comment

• chicken_hawk
                    VET
                    • May 2018

Some impressive numbers. I haven't tried in a while but just over 20, but they were full reps with lock outs which makes a difference compared to Columbine reps

Hawk

Comment

• water43
                      Vet
                      • Mar 2010

I imagine since my warm sets were 200ish after 4 sets 315#...…………..at 43 so at 57 I,ll try and see how many I can rep 225x? I,ll get back to this thread in the fall...…….lets do a peak competition brothers and everybody put there result deadline chritmas
                      the right to try law is a title besides its all fiction "everything"

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by water43
                        I imagine since my warm sets were 200ish after 4 sets 315#...…………..at 43 so at 57 I,ll try and see how many I can rep 225x? I,ll get back to this thread in the fall...…….lets do a peak competition brothers and everybody put there result deadline chritmas
                        Can I use Castleberry weights?

Comment

• b52
                          • Oct 2006

Hmm, don't think I've ever seen how many reps of 225 I could get. I know I've done more than 15, but that was just a warmup set. Never actually tried repping it out. I guess i'll go for it one of these days now.

Comment

• PPZ
                            • Jun 2018

He's got a good bench with out a doubt.

I'm much older and you will never catch me throwing around more than 405 on a good day lol

Back in my 20's I had the owner of the gym and staff member spot me on purpose for witnesses.

I did 455lb no shirt for 10 reps no bounce.
                            Just had writst and shoulder wraps and a belt.

I'll never do it again
                            Originally posted by Dawgpound_Hank
                            So we got a pretty big bencher at the gym. Dude is 28 or 29, about 5'9 and 240ish. He's got a 500 raw in comp, and 520 in the gym. He recently did 225 x 60.

Anyways, just got thinking about how impressive that is. Most I ever got it was 32 back in the day when I was in my late 20's. I didn't train for it - just did it one day when a couple partners said let's try it. That was long before I came to the dark side - never tried it after I did. So let's hear it fellas - what's your best reppin' 225?
                            USA'S #1 SUPPLIER FOR MED & NEEDLES

ALL PRAISE PEAK-MUSCLE

Comment

• Dawgpound_Hank

Originally posted by Vitality-Pet
                              He's got a good bench with out a doubt.

I'm much older and you will never catch me throwing around more than 405 on a good day lol

Back in my 20's I had the owner of the gym and staff member spot me on purpose for witnesses.

I did 455lb no shirt for 10 reps no bounce.
                              Just had writst and shoulder wraps and a belt.

I'll never do it again
                              That's sick man - translates to over a 600 raw bench - quite an elite group.

Comment

Working...