Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrhtbd
    • Apr 2015

A turn...

Gradual things are lasting. Turns of direction, like shifting the sails of a vessel, take time. Down 30 pounds since January, spent 11 hours today in respirator and goggles grinding welds flush in prep for paint. Very nice pump. Feeling young again... baby steps. Couldn't do that 4 months ago. Each day push a bit more, tighten the diet a bit more, refine here and there. Coming about... Hernia still needs done, but down to 255 now and tighter midsection will help it keep. Try not to complain... a young guy's game, just work steadily to get lined up for back to the gym. Leg still swollen from the 3 breaks in Feb '16. No problem. Grinding steel for hours at a time, how can I like it so? Tough question... the Professor is stumped. How is it the dirtiest, noisiest and hardest physical job be so appealing? My education escapes me, but I feel more in control than I ever had.
  • ozzy69
    Assistant Admin
    • Jun 2011

Glad you lost some weight....get that fucking hernia fixed....and the idea of shaping something out of metal is therapy for some of us.....metal keeps me sane so I understand what you are saying here.

Comment

• bufbiker

Working with your hands, building something from scratch, then seeing the completed project is always satisfying for me.

Comment

• Darkness
        • Apr 2011

All I ever wanted to do was stack lumber.

Comment

• A1food4u

I think there must be more satisfaction in being able to see your work when accomplished.. and feel in your body that you've made an effort

Comment

Working...