X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakota
    VET
    • Feb 2017

BowFlex?

Have you men ever used the Bowflex? I know it has been extremely successful as a fitness product but I have never had the slightest interest.

I knew a good friend of mind owned and used one for many years. He is in great shape but not a bodybuilder. Today we got together for Father's day with our sons. He had 45 minutes of stairclimber to do so since I hadn't got a workout in today I thought I would try the Bowflex as he had just bought the latest model to replace his decade old one.

That has got to be the most awkward workout I have ever done in my life. He said "you have to give it a chance". Well after 45 minutes I didn't care to give it anymore of a chance. I really disliked the way it felt and worked the muscle. The pump was poor and I didn't ever really get winded like a free weight workout. I think it is a psychological workout and have good commercials.

Anybody else ever used one?
    The older I get the better I used to be.
  • Dawgpound_Hank

Never have. Used to see the commercials 100x ed, but I never was interested. Gotta have that iron in my hands.

Comment

• liftsiron
      Administrator
      • Nov 2003

I never cared to even try one.
      ADMIN/OWNER@Peak-Muscle

Comment

• A1food4u

I've used a couple when traveling if that is what the hotel had in there little work out room. I thought they were better than nothing but I wouldn't go out of my way to use or certainly not buy one... but I'm a crochety old fuck

Comment

• krustus
          VET
          • Jan 2017

i find the bowflex and other things like that useful in some isolation exercises.. like shoulders or bi's... but for the bulk of my workout free weights are the only way

Comment

Working...